Survivor
2203 posts

Re: BLINDFIRE: Why it must be nerfed, 70+ kudo's, Eric replied

Dec 11, 2012

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:
Sorry, I mean longer. Like, before you give out.

Much better. Although I think it would be better if it had it's same sprint recovery time but the default spring recovery time was lessened a little. Then they could also nerf blindfire run speed again.... cause it seems way too fast compared to normal run speed.

If ND wont fix blindfire by making it a "No lock on" then that would be the next best fix.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 331 of 1,597 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4595 posts

Dec 11, 2012

Yesterday I returned to Uncharted 3, and I saw much less blindfire outside of Classic than there was in Classic. Now isn't that screwed up? In Classic you start with the AK, which has an inferior blindfire accuracy to the M9 (which everyone uses outside of Classic, LOLOLOL), and it has no mods (whereas the typically used M9 is Flynn's), but people will still just blindfire rush with it. Is it because they are that bad/inexperienced with the AK?

Classic is pretty much dead already, thanks to the community using nothing but blindfire and Revenge. ND, we might have passed the point of no return on giving blindfire a real nerf in Uncharted 3, but for the love of god, change blindfire so you have to actually put the center of the screen on your opponent to get any hits in Uncharted 4. It's honestly very sad to see this mode the community begged for for months just become one of the least enjoyable parts of the game, and it's because of the community abusing your flaws with the game's code.

I'll be sticking to Elimination, Three Team Deathmatch, and The Lab for now, I guess.

Message 332 of 1,597 (388 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1234 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 11, 2012

SouthpawLP wrote:

for the love of god, change blindfire so you have to actually put the center of the screen on your opponent to get any hits

This...

Even if you don't want to get rid of the blindfire problem by simply making sprint a scape tool again rather than a rush-to-your-face-and-blindfire, kill auto-lock blindfire for once. Just KILL IT.

Or just fix sprint.

Message 333 of 1,597 (380 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Dec 11, 2012

I have a suspicion that UC4 MP will be even more casual/noob-friendly than UC3 MP, but maybe that's just me.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 334 of 1,597 (369 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
4595 posts

Dec 11, 2012
If ND needs to do a year-long multiplayer beta for Uncharted 4 before releasing it, they should do it just to get rid of all the bugs and balance issues and crap. And not some stupid U3 summer beta which doesn't even represent what the full game will be like.
Message 335 of 1,597 (349 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4793 posts

Dec 11, 2012

neverbelow wrote:
I'll tell you this much about gun balance: we aren't there. Period. The RoF needs to go. Blindfire needs a nerf for M9 in general. The pistols need a blindfire need a slight nerf. The AK needs a slight accuracy buff. The gmal needs its recoil changed from the garbage up and right to either just up or removed in general.

Post of the week right here folks.

Blindfire seems to get even more effective in every game i play. It wouldnt surprise me if ND had actually buffed it secretly to encourage noobs and people with broken L1 buttons, without mentioning it in any patch notes.

Message 336 of 1,597 (345 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Dec 11, 2012

SouthpawLP wrote:
If ND needs to do a year-long multiplayer beta for Uncharted 4 before releasing it, they should do it just to get rid of all the bugs and balance issues and crap. And not some stupid U3 summer beta which doesn't even represent what the full game will be like.

The problem is that Uncharted 4 will likely be a day 1 launch game for the PS4. No one will have a PS4 console before the official release date, except 1st and 3rd party developers. So, a beta is impossible in that case. Smiley Sad

They don't even know if they will release a MP beta for TLOU and that game is 5 months away... Smiley Indifferent the UC3 MP beta was announced in April 2011.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 337 of 1,597 (341 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7585 posts

Dec 11, 2012

tapantaola wrote:

SouthpawLP wrote:

The problem is that Uncharted 4 will likely be a day 1 launch game for the PS4. No one will have a PS4 console before the official release date, except 1st and 3rd party developers. So, a beta is impossible in that case. Smiley Sad

They don't even know if they will release a MP beta for TLOU and that game is 5 months away... Smiley Indifferent the UC3 MP beta was announced in April 2011.

They also haven't announced if the online for TLOU is Co-op or Competetive.

I would sincerely hope though, that they realized U3 is pretty much been in beta the whole time (and still is) so they should just have this be the beta for U4 and have that release perfect. Rather than trying a bunch of new things again that they can't handle.

One piece of good news that I notice though, is that ND didn't announce the release date for TLOU until they were ready and only had a few months left to go, where as with U3 they gave a release date (and made a big deal out of it being 11/1/11 to the point of making themselves keep it) almost a year in advance when they couldn't have been that sure about how much work needed to still be done and how much time they would really need. Hopefully U4 is not a PS4 launch game, and is instead a launch window game, and they don't release it until it is ready rather than some date they decided on a year ago.

Message 338 of 1,597 (300 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Dec 11, 2012

Uncharted is a system seller, therefore I think that Sony will "coerce" ND to release UC4 as a day 1 launch game.

Uncharted 4 is the only reason that could convince me and many other people to buy PS4 on day 1. Sony knows that very well...

Message 339 of 1,597 (293 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7585 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 11, 2012

tapantaola wrote:

Uncharted is a system seller, therefore I think that Sony will "coerce" ND to release UC4 as a day 1 launch game.

Uncharted 4 is the only reason that could convince me and many other people to buy PS4 on day 1. Sony knows that very well...

Better Idea! Since ND is split into two teams we get a Jak 4 for day 1 release and then an amazing U4 down the line that takes full advantage of the system and also has a beta Smiley Wink

If after the TLOU the single player part of the U3 team goes to Jak 4 then we can have the people behind U2 and TLOU, as well as the online people for U3, get to work on U4.

(not that this would actually happen)

Message 340 of 1,597 (277 Views)