Lombax Warrior
124 posts

Re: BLINDFIRE: Why it must be nerfed, Eric replied, 60+ kudoes

Nov 22, 2012
I would add that, I dislike blind fire. It is very frustrating when a team of five in limited space is spread out all using blind fire, anyone not in a well organized team would be out numbered, BUT I believe that it is a fair tactic, because its actually a bit more realistic than a bunch of limitations on it from where it stands now. In real life, you CAN shoot someone from the hip in front of you from thirty yards if your savvy. And you can shoot someone while you're jumping off the ledge of something, so although it makes the game harder, and doesn't give you RAMANTS it makes the game a bit more realistic and engaging in my eyes. But what do I know, I'm just some sub human noob in most' eyes.
Message 191 of 1,597 (293 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Nov 22, 2012

Matthijs_17 wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:
Let's not bash too much on Eric, eh? They're trying. Trying bad, sure, but trying.

well that's the thing, I didn't bash at all, all I did was passing his anwer to the community, who owed him an answer on a question, so I did just that, and then he suddenly comes up here warning me to close this thread, I'm confused! Smiley Surprised

I had to recolor the ones in red. Yeah, I see you. This is why companies want SOPA and stuff, yo.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 192 of 1,597 (538 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1097 posts

Nov 22, 2012

No @eric it isnt unplayable, but the gameplay is upper trash. - miles ahead of any sense!!!

Im not only tired of this blindfire&shoebox map design nonsense, also because the constant sprint button spamming in your game. Last time I played I tried to use it only the half as much..you know..but then its not possible to get good results, absolute impossible. Sprinting has ripped of some many great aspects of a game which had the fluidest and cosiest gameplay on the market. And now Im playing COD in TPS mod and as fact I met 3+ U2 players which think the same - the pace of your game is out of control.

I hope that Bruce Straley will come back to U4, no hate on Justin Richmond but I blame him for 1.05 and the U3 sell-out.

Creating multiplayer maps so that they can be used in single player???

facepalm2.gif

A multiplayer is supposed to feel the same as the game before it. You made that mistake with Uc3 but it was manageable. Now with Uc4 this is just ridiculous.

DeFy Sushi
Message 193 of 1,597 (511 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3511 posts

Nov 22, 2012

Well, I'm afraid Eric won't read any of this anymore, because he thinks that blindfire must not be nerfed, so I took a new approach to the situation in a new thread where we solve 2 problems (blindfire and weapon balancing) with 1 solution: significantly increased stopping power for ak47, fal-ss and raffica, let me know what you think, Naughty Dog must do something about this situation, link to the thread: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/Blindfire-weapon-balancing-solv...

Message 194 of 1,597 (492 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2203 posts

Nov 22, 2012

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Well, I'm afraid Eric won't read any of this anymore, because he thinks that blindfire must not be nerfed, so I took a new approach to the situation in a new thread where we solve 2 problems (blindfire and weapon balancing) with 1 solution: significantly increased stopping power for ak47, fal-ss and raffica, let me know what you think, Naughty Dog must do something about this situation, link to the thread: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/Blindfire-weapon-balancing-solv...

It almost shames me to think ND was serious when they mean blindfire isn't a serious problem. Well i guess its the same developer who thought a booster which let you see through walls was a good thing. 

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 195 of 1,597 (484 Views)
Gaming Beast
2248 posts

Nov 23, 2012

I can't even boot this game up anymore.

Message 196 of 1,597 (467 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3078 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 23, 2012

Eric-ND wrote:

As before if you call out employees in a thread subject we're going to have to alter the thread or nuke it so don't do that. Also private messages are meant to be just that. If you want a public reply we're willing to do it whenever but don't invite us to a private conversation. 

That said we're not changing blindfire. It's a design of the game and it doesn't affect a critical mass of our player base in any way that makes the game anywhere near unplayable.

Let's put this to bed and move on to things that can be changed. Thanks for your continued feedback and support on all topics.  

Wow.  That's LOL funny. 

I've got three words for ya:

OUT

OF

TOUCH

Any community member who has actually played the game UNDERSTANDS that Blind Fire is a MAJOR ISSUE. 

If this is NDI's thinking, no wonder why this title has been a total CLUSTER F.  I bet it's probably more likely that NDI CANNOT DO ANYTHING about blindfire because it will screw up the net code and break the game more than it's already been broken.  

What a TOTAL JOKE.    

Of course blindfire, ALONE, does not cause the game to be unplayable.  IT'S THE COMBINATION OF BLINDFIRE AND LAG THAT MAKES IT UNPLAYABLE. 

NDI needs to spend WAY more time playing their own $#!+.  Either that, or they need solid community members to come in after retail release to teach them about their own game, once it goes live, after the initial release date. 

Just, wow. 

Message 197 of 1,597 (462 Views)
Gaming Beast
2248 posts

Nov 23, 2012

Seriously, threatening a thread. Go ahead because nobody really cares the thread will reappear in seconds again with the same responses.

Is J. Richmond responsible for both 1.05 and this atrocity? If so that guy is on my **** list.

Message 198 of 1,597 (446 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Nov 23, 2012

SpaceNun wrote:

Seriously, threatening a thread. Go ahead because nobody really cares the thread will reappear in seconds again with the same responses.

Is J. Richmond responsible for both 1.05 and this atrocity? If so that guy is on my **** list.

Who's in your list already, bro?

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 199 of 1,597 (427 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3511 posts

Nov 28, 2012

Flawless83 wrote:

No @eric it isnt unplayable, but the gameplay is upper trash. - miles ahead of any sense!!!

Im not only tired of this blindfire&shoebox map design nonsense, also because the constant sprint button spamming in your game. Last time I played I tried to use it only the half as much..you know..but then its not possible to get good results, absolute impossible. Sprinting has ripped of some many great aspects of a game which had the fluidest and cosiest gameplay on the market. And now Im playing COD in TPS mod and as fact I met 3+ U2 players which think the same - the pace of your game is out of control.

I hope that Bruce Straley will come back to U4, no hate on Justin Richmond but I blame him for 1.05 and the U3 sell-out.

Creating multiplayer maps so that they can be used in single player???

what do you mean: multiplayer maps used for single player?, I heard many things that ND does not right, and I agree with a lot of them too, but this complaint is new to me xD

Message 200 of 1,597 (400 Views)
0 Likes