Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 17 2013
By: xSKIN_N_BONESx Treasure Hunter 6261 posts

Grenade Knockdown Radius

49 replies 438 views Edited Feb 17, 2013

I'll get straight to my point. I feel that it's widely inconsistent, but I mainly brushed it aside attributing it to lag, but the more I play the more I think the mechanic might just be broken because while the actual radius (easily tested by throwing grenades at the floor in front of you) is actually decently far, it rarely seems to knock people down unless they're within half that distance.

Do you think it's completely lag related, or do also have your suspicions or even proof that it's actualy broken itself. If I had people to play LAN with this would be easy to test but I don't so if any has played an actual multiperson LAN match recently I feel that would be helpful insight.

AKA blah blah this game -_-

http://oi48.tinypic.com/jfdnnp.jpg

Message 1 of 50 (438 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
285 posts

Re: Grenade Knockdown Radius

Feb 17, 2013

I feel like this is the same with melee, I dunno. I feel like I've "mastered" how to 20ft rubberband melee, and I'm not even a lagger. It just seems like there is a lot of broken mechanics, and not all are the result of lag. 

Message 2 of 50 (428 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2275 posts

Feb 17, 2013

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

I'll get straight to my point. I feel that it's widely inconsistent, but I mainly brushed it aside attributing it to lag, but the more I play the more I think the mechanic might just be broken because while the actual radius (easily tested by throwing grenades at the floor in front of you) is actually decently far, it rarely seems to knock people down unless they're within half that distance.

Do you think it's completely lag related, or do also have your suspicions or even proof that it's actualy broken itself. If I had people to play LAN with this would be easy to test but I don't so if any has played an actual multiperson LAN match recently I feel that would be helpful insight.

AKA blah blah this game -_-

i feel the same way, the inconsistency seems too frequent to be lag ... no i haven't tried this in LAN

Message 3 of 50 (421 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3872 posts

Feb 17, 2013
It's lag, say there at a consistent one second behind you <- LOL. How ever far you travel in one second is added to knockdown range to make it bigger.

Hope that made sense.
Message 4 of 50 (393 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6261 posts

Feb 17, 2013

munnsy1 wrote:
It's lag, say there at a consistent one second behind you <- LOL. How ever far you travel in one second is added to knockdown range to make it bigger.

Hope that made sense.

I've noticed plenty of times though when people will be going either towards or away from my grenade and been within radius but not knocked down. It shouldn't go both ways like that. Either they are lagging and are closer to the grenade than I saw, when they ran towards it, and farther when they ran away, but not both farther when they're running towards it and farther when they're running away. That would make it a double standard that seems to only work "because lag" and that's the conception I was going under but it just seems so wildly inconsistent with people even moving parallel to the blast while in radius so even if it's off by a second or two they'd still be in range.

Message 5 of 50 (389 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3872 posts

Feb 17, 2013
That could be caused by a low download and high upload though right?

I don't know much about the subject, but yeah.
Message 6 of 50 (386 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6261 posts

Feb 17, 2013

munnsy1 wrote:
That could be caused by a low download and high upload though right?

I don't know much about the subject, but yeah.

It just seems that the advantage should only go one way. If he had low download then it may save him from when running from a grenade, but if he was running towards one he'd be screwed.

Although all the uncertainties of lag are why I mentioned if anyone had played LAN that those matches would be helpful.

Message 7 of 50 (379 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2275 posts

Feb 17, 2013

please explain: i die from a grenade at full health (about 10 feet away from it), yet someone between myself and the grenade (say 5 feet away from the grenade) does not die... is this still lag?

Message 8 of 50 (376 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6261 posts

Feb 17, 2013

canadian94eh wrote:

please explain: i die from a grenade at full health (about 10 feet away from it), yet someone between myself and the grenade (say 5 feet away from the grenade) does not die... is this still lag?

That's a scenario I always love (read:hate). When I throw a grenade and the person rushes me so that the grenade is infront of me and behind them (like this: Me-Them-Grenade) and I get knocked down but my opponent who doesn't have TS is unaffected by any knockdown (on top of not dying).

Message 9 of 50 (373 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Feb 17, 2013
Lag has been a huge issue lately. Lag+Rate of Fire+revenge= deadly combination.
Naughtydog, you must bring back Charlie Cutter in Uncharted 4.
Message 10 of 50 (345 Views)