I Only Post Everything
1390 posts

Which boosters seemed to be the most popular? Which did y...

Jun 11, 2011

Which boosters seemed to be the most popular? Which did you use?

Will screaming at the television affect my team's chance of winning?
Message 61 of 72 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

To Fadi,

Jun 11, 2011
Message 62 of 72 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

Sure wish I would have gotten more video.

Jun 11, 2011
Message 63 of 72 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14231 posts

Nah, it was at 80,000+ during 1.05, as each release passe...

Jun 11, 2011

REALMAN_PERSON wrote:

Aureilia wrote:
What ND think would be the best, isn't the best for everyone, right now they have a steady userbase which is playing daily, why push that away with changes?
I highly doubt that the 40k or so UC2 players who are on daily will base their purchase of UC3 solely off of its weapon damage. For the record, I’d be perfectly fine with 1.05’s damage if player’s movement speed had been increased in conjunction (as it should of been).

I believe 1.05 (and to a lesser extent, 1.06) already drove away most of the people who were going to leave. The thousands of players who still enjoy UC2 daily are dedicated fans, I highly doubt an increase to weapon damage is going to keep them from buying, playing, and enjoying Drakes Deception.

I agree kinda with the 1.05 thing. It shouldn't have been changed, even though I feel it was changed for the better, changing things is not good, it takes people out of a comfort zone.
Agreed.

I don't see U3 as a new game, I see it as a continuation of a series (I'm also annoyed with how Resident Evil changed after Zero) Much like Resident Evil, I played it because I enjoyed survival horror, It's not that anymore.
I see it as both, and I get your comparison to RE. Personally, I enjoyed 4 and 5 but I also didn’t play the old ones so that dynamic didn’t affect me.
Games that are part of a series need to evolve, but at the same time they shouldn't change too much or else alienate fans of the previous game(s). It’s extremely tough to find the right balance.

Much like Halo 1 2 and 3, I played them because they were fun and a ilttle different from the average FPS, then came Reach and ruined the whole Halo thing, huge changes to damage, added "perks" total game killer.
Finally much like Uncharted is looking like, Something that will have the same Bullet Sponges that Halo Reach has, same bullet sponges that Gears has always had and... I'm even seeing hints of killstreak rewards, just in total reverse as death rewards..
Gears has always been based around much lower weapon damage (with the exception of the power weapons and shotguns obviously). Gears and Uncharted are apples and oranges to me, similar but but very different.
Like you, I'm not a fan of killstreak (OR "deathstreak") rewards. Although at least with killstreaks you are required to actually get kills. In UC3 you're going to be getting medals from chests, to simply taking cover. Oh well, I'm more concerned about the PowerPlays and a few boosters.
I don't see how any of that can be better, killing people is fun, firing at people endlessly for them to drop isn't fun. Which is why I'm not a fan of Gears or now what Halo has become.
It sounds to me like you aren’t a fan of games that align more with arcade balancing. I’d think you’d be a fan of more realistic shooters like CoD or Battlefield where enemies drop a lot quicker.

But yeah, it's nice to see someone who can discuss it rather than just throw random insults, on a total sidenote, your a pretty cool dude. :smileywink:
Haha thanks, same to you. :smileyhappy:

Nah, it was at 80,000+ during 1.05, as each release passed the numbers started getting lower, so the estimate is that at least half the people who were playing at 1.04 actually enjoy the changes to this day :smileytongue:

They just don't seem to post here. I guess they are too busy enjoying the game. I quite honestly believe there are a minority of dedicated fans who are still playing, mostly these people can be found posting here, the others who don't post here are enjoying the game and don't even have the time to post :smileyhappy:

As for me personally. I'm obviously not dedicated enough as I'll only really play co-op these days, just because I like helping low levels finish these things.

As for Gears and Uncharted, my comparison is just based on weapon damages, there is only one game that can be almost wholely compared to Uncharted and that would be Blood Stone, same camera basis, same kind of game speed, same kind of weapon damage, it replaces bunny hop with sprint. If it wasn't for the unplayable lag at times, it would be the superior game, but the lag is just so game damaging it makes you want to hug the Uncharted case.

Actually though. I'm not a big fan of CoD. it's not because of the weapon damage. I think they have nailed all that. But it's because of the Killstreaks and Perks which are so unbalanced beyond control, rewarding someone for kills with more kills? Um... If they killed 5 or 7 in a row they obviously don't need the help.

As for rewarding someone for dying. That is even worse, If you are dying, get better at the game or quit. :smileyindifferent: Lol If I suck at a game i certainly don't want any help to improve. I'd feel like I'm being guided around by a guide dog for the blind.  I know the logic is to either improve or quit!

Battlefield is just too ugly to play :smileyvery-happy: However Medal of Honor is a top notch game, with very balanced perks which hardly do any damage to the outcome.Will admit though the new Battlefield looks like Medal of Honor. So it'll probably be within my graphical limits of gameplay.

I never really liked people taking an unrealistic approach to shooters, I'm an ex Quake player without power ups. So I've always played the low damage games, There is only really Left 4 Dead which I can enjoy from a standpoint of silly damage (unrealistic) could be because the entire game is unrealistic. Oh well. could be one of the very rare cases where I like it... I really do want to like it, I'm just afraid of not liking it.

Message 64 of 72 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
458 posts

-

Jun 11, 2011

Aureilia wrote:

Nah, it was at 80,000+ during 1.05, as each release passed the numbers started getting lower, so the estimate is that at least half the people who were playing at 1.04 actually enjoy the changes to this day :smileytongue:

Yeah I know. What I meant was the people who have stuck around and continued are probably dedicated enough to get UC3 pretty much no matter what (and still enjoy it). All those people who left because of 1.05 are probably going to be drawn back in to UC with Drakes Deception's lower weapon damage.

From what I can tell it's a win/win for ND. 

They just don't seem to post here. I guess they are too busy enjoying the game. I quite honestly believe there are a minority of dedicated fans who are still playing, mostly these people can be found posting here, the others who don't post here are enjoying the game and don't even have the time to post :smileyhappy:

I agree, I'd day most of those 40k daily players are pretty hardcore UC fans.

As for Gears and Uncharted, my comparison is just based on weapon damages, there is only one game that can be almost wholely compared to Uncharted and that would be Blood Stone, same camera basis, same kind of game speed, same kind of weapon damage, it replaces bunny hop with sprint. If it wasn't for the unplayable lag at times, it would be the superior game, but the lag is just so game damaging it makes you want to hug the Uncharted case.

Interesting, I haven't heard anything about Blood Stone's MP. I just looked up some gameplay and it looks good, like you said though the lag seems crippling. Hopefully there's a sequel with MP improvements.

Actually though. I'm not a big fan of CoD. it's not because of the weapon damage. I think they have nailed all that. But it's because of the Killstreaks and Perks which are so unbalanced beyond control, rewarding someone for kills with more kills? Um... If they killed 5 or 7 in a row they obviously don't need the help.

I know what you mean, that's why I enjoy Black Ops' barebones and hardcore modes. You might like those if you haven't tried them.

As for rewarding someone for dying. That is even worse, If you are dying, get better at the game or quit. :smileyindifferent: Lol If I suck at a game i certainly don't want any help to improve. I'd feel like I'm being guided around by a guide dog for the blind.  I know the logic is to either improve or quit!

Exactly. I've played games where I knew I wasn't very good, but at no point did I feel like I needed compensation. I just wanted to get better and earn my skill or wins. Honestly I'd feel kind of insulted if I was rewarded for being bad. But maybe that's just me.

Battlefield is just too ugly to play :smileyvery-happy: However Medal of Honor is a top notch game, with very balanced perks which hardly do any damage to the outcome.Will admit though the new Battlefield looks like Medal of Honor. So it'll probably be within my graphical limits of gameplay.

Yeah I feel the same way, I appreciate the BF series but have never been able to get into it. BF3 looks completely different (for the better) and it's one of my most anticipated games for the year. And hey, we'll probably get MoH 2 next year. 

I never really liked people taking an unrealistic approach to shooters, I'm an ex Quake player without power ups. So I've always played the low damage games, There is only really Left 4 Dead which I can enjoy from a standpoint of silly damage (unrealistic) could be because the entire game is unrealistic. Oh well. could be one of the very rare cases where I like it... I really do want to like it, I'm just afraid of not liking it.

Completely understandable. I tend to like slightly more arcade shooters for MP, but I usually can enjoy just about anything if it's good. To each his or her own. :smileyhappy:

Message 65 of 72 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

Saw this original thread and figured I'd re-post from when I first played this game.

Feb 18, 2013

I really wish this game didn't have a crap load of different updates and patches that diminished many of the weapons. The Ak was just fine and everything else about the game was awesome. Yes it is a totoally different game now but I liked this version and the beta version a whole lot better. Smiley Mad

Message 66 of 72 (245 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Re: Saw this original thread and figured I'd re-post from when I first played this game.

Feb 18, 2013

Wow, that was a hell of a necrobump! Smiley Surprised

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 67 of 72 (235 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

Re: Saw this original thread and figured I'd re-post from when I first played this game.

Feb 18, 2013
Yeah i know, just was going through this thread and realized how much btter the game was back then.
Message 68 of 72 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1483 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 18, 2013

Lol @ necrobump but look at the color/ customization there was, aimable micro and Gmal with low recoil AND no aimbot aim assist, Dragon Sniper with UC2 reticle, no OP sprinting BS. Smiley Sad

------------------Join my GTA V crew "ND forums"!-------------------

Message 69 of 72 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20282 posts

Feb 18, 2013
We necrobumping now.
Message 70 of 72 (174 Views)
0 Likes