Aug 09 2012
By: COOLCORN8 Splicer 68 posts

Gmal- Reticule problem- Coolcorn8 Crusade

58 replies 532 views Edited Aug 9, 2012

Hey guys,

For so long I have seen people slating the gmal as overpowered etc. Which in all fairness it was. My favorite gun has always been gmal with the UC3 series.

Since patch 1.13 I agree with the changes that were made to balance the game, which was adding recoil and decreasing AA. The major problem however is not these changes, but rather the abnormal reticule behavior of this gun. 

When you fire the gun the recoil pushes your gun up (Which is normal). But, this is were the problem begins, as the reticule does not return to the same point and remains in the spot where the recoil ended. To make matters worse  the recoil pushes the reticule up and to the right(why on earth I don't know). This makes the gun at both close range and long range a constant battle to bring it back on target, while having to compensate for the reticule pulling to the right or left.

At distance the problem becomes more pronounced, as it is jumping all over the place after the recoil making it very difficult to control. 

Please be aware gmal haters that I am happy with the added recoil and AA reduction but the reticule issue needs to be fixed. While I do not like to go down this route, it seems the only way to have ND respond is to start a crusade for them to address this problem.

All the players who love gmal please bump and keep this thread alive.

Evan please can you respond. 

Message 1 of 59 (532 Views)
Sackboy
392 posts

Re: Gmal- Reticule problem- Coolcorn8 Crusade

Aug 9, 2012

NOOOOO!!! I hope not, haven't been able to test ti out but f it's right it has ruined the gun, as COOLCORN8 stats him self, i have also used the G-MAL since the summer beta. 

And to COOLCORN8 f*ck you, malata want to kill youuuuu!! 

/intern joke

Click to see my YouTube Channel

Message 2 of 59 (526 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
68 posts

Aug 9, 2012

Smiley Very Happy @ Kris. Spread the word Kris to see if this problem can be addressed or at least looked at.

Message 3 of 59 (517 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Aug 9, 2012

I agree 100% with you cool and this problem needs to be fixed ASAP.

Message 4 of 59 (510 Views)
Splicer
68 posts

Aug 9, 2012
Hey Dr_Meee go into a custom game and fire at a wall, you will see the problem I mentioned first hand.
Message 5 of 59 (505 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Aug 9, 2012

Yes, that's what I did right now. Now I am understanding that the problem is not the recoil. I hope they will fix it soon.

Message 6 of 59 (501 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5336 posts

Aug 9, 2012
It's not necessarily broken nd your complaints are negatable with your aim. It's just harder to use. Maybe they wanted it like that. I still like it.
Message 7 of 59 (496 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
68 posts

Aug 9, 2012

Yes the Fal  and snipers return to the same point after the recoil has ended. AK and M9 only have a small recoild there easier to keep on target.

Gmal timing of the burst is essential, therefore, by the time you have bought the reticle back on target plus compensated for the movement right or left it is way to long and puts you at a major disadvantge in both close range and long range. 

This leads most people to blame the recoil, but this is not the problem.

Message 8 of 59 (495 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3480 posts

Aug 9, 2012

It may be difficult for some, but I see not much of a difference with the G-MAL. It is still easy to use at mid to close range, but a task at long. 

Message 9 of 59 (489 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
152 posts

Aug 9, 2012
Yes, its now much harder to use..
And especially because i went for new legacy and i dont have scope in gold.
Very advanced players can take me down with M9 from medium distance..
Message 10 of 59 (486 Views)
0 Likes