Dec 14 2012
By: Achmed_One First Son 18 posts

Getting Killed By Phantoms

3 replies 132 views Edited Dec 14, 2012
Is this happening to anyone else? I keep getting stealth killed by invisible and invincible people, its getting really annoying and I see nothing on the forums about it.
Message 1 of 4 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16340 posts

Re: Getting Killed By Phantoms

Dec 14, 2012

It's called the dead body glitch.

It's ALL OVER the forum.

The Biggest Lies

5.) The hats aren't the surprise.
4.) Mods knows what they're doing.
3.) It doesn't fit the world paradigm.
2.) I'm not in it for the money.
1.) The player pool will be consolidated.

Message 2 of 4 (128 Views)
Big Daddy
16340 posts

Dec 14, 2012

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=location&location=forum-...

The Biggest Lies

5.) The hats aren't the surprise.
4.) Mods knows what they're doing.
3.) It doesn't fit the world paradigm.
2.) I'm not in it for the money.
1.) The player pool will be consolidated.

Message 3 of 4 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2321 posts

Dec 14, 2012

Achmed_One wrote:
Is this happening to anyone else? I keep getting stealth killed by invisible and invincible people, its getting really annoying and I see nothing on the forums about it.

it's happened to EVERYONE!!, but seriously i can see that you are new to the forums, so i'll lay it out for you:

what you are experiencing is called: the Dead Body Glitch (DBG), it has been around since the uncharted 2 days, it happens after someone is killed and their connection is temporarily disconnected from the sever, if you witness the death, you will see them just lay there with their name above their head, they will then not take a death and they will respawn somewhere else invisible, but they have no idea that they are, only team mates and enemies can tell that they are invisible (to the person in the DBG, it just looks like a normal game), so you can see the problems that arise from this as it's hard to kill / avoid something you can't see and if they pick up the idol, the idol will go invisible too

i only know 2 ways of fixing it, but since i haven't had the chance to stop a DBG recently i forget which is correct, the first one is to simply throw a grenade over the body (that is laying on the ground (with the name above it's head still)) and the second is to go to the spawn points and look for a mobileless version of that enemy, then throw a grenade at it

i believe it's the 2nd way, but not entirely sure

Message 4 of 4 (113 Views)
0 Likes