Reply
Nov 07 2012
By: Celceius Lombax Warrior 100 posts
Offline

Gender Change in Custom Villains/Heroes

16 replies 322 views Edited Nov 7, 2012

Why haven't they thought of gender type in custom villains and heroes? I mean, it'd be a great idea. : P

Message 1 of 17 (322 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 09/19/2012
Offline
766 posts
 

Re: Gender Change in Custom Villains/Heroes

Nov 7, 2012
I think it was asked in a Q&A once. ND said that it would take recourses and there would be technical issues. But in truth, gender options don't fit in the uncharted universe. Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 17 (318 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 08/21/2012
Offline
100 posts
 

Re: Gender Change in Custom Villains/Heroes

Nov 7, 2012

dadno1001 wrote:
I think it was asked in a Q&A once. ND said that it would take recourses and there would be technical issues. But in truth, gender options don't fit in the uncharted universe. Smiley Wink

"A lot of things in the UC3 universe don't fit in." as some people say. I mean, it would be cool if they did. I'm not saying there is nothing wrong with the woman characters now, I just think it would be neat.

Message 3 of 17 (313 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 06/26/2010
Offline
2290 posts
 

Re: Gender Change in Custom Villains/Heroes

Nov 7, 2012

Many threads have been made for this. Naughty Dog responded with something along the lines of:

 

"The custom hero/villian models are built around the physical shapes of a male. Therefore, to make a female, it would have to be constructed from the ground up which is at the expense of a lot of time and resources, in which we do not have. It would be to late in the game's life span to introduce something as big as this. Sorry!"

Message 4 of 17 (309 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 08/21/2012
Offline
100 posts
 

Re: Gender Change in Custom Villains/Heroes

Nov 7, 2012

JD-- wrote:

Many threads have been made for this. Naughty Dog responded with something along the lines of:

 

"The custom hero/villian models are built around the physical shapes of a male. Therefore, to make a female, it would have to be constructed from the ground up which is at the expense of a lot of time and resources, in which we do not have. It would be to late in the game's life span to introduce something as big as this. Sorry!"


That really suckss . D: I wish they could.(:

Message 5 of 17 (301 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 06/26/2010
Offline
2290 posts
 

Re: Gender Change in Custom Villains/Heroes

Nov 7, 2012

Celceius wrote:

JD-- wrote:

Many threads have been made for this. Naughty Dog responded with something along the lines of:

 

"The custom hero/villian models are built around the physical shapes of a male. Therefore, to make a female, it would have to be constructed from the ground up which is at the expense of a lot of time and resources, in which we do not have. It would be to late in the game's life span to introduce something as big as this. Sorry!"


That really suckss . D: I wish they could.(:


Yeah, it would be pretty cool to have a female custom character.

Message 6 of 17 (294 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 08/21/2012
Offline
100 posts
 

Re: Gender Change in Custom Villains/Heroes

Nov 7, 2012

JD-- wrote:

Celceius wrote:

JD-- wrote:

Many threads have been made for this. Naughty Dog responded with something along the lines of:

 

"The custom hero/villian models are built around the physical shapes of a male. Therefore, to make a female, it would have to be constructed from the ground up which is at the expense of a lot of time and resources, in which we do not have. It would be to late in the game's life span to introduce something as big as this. Sorry!"


That really suckss . D: I wish they could.(:


Yeah, it would be pretty cool to have a female custom character.


Maybe they could do this in The Last of Us? o.O I heard multiplayer is promisedd.

 

Message 7 of 17 (289 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 06/26/2010
Offline
2290 posts
 

Re: Gender Change in Custom Villains/Heroes

Nov 7, 2012

Celceius wrote:

JD-- wrote:

Celceius wrote:

JD-- wrote:

Many threads have been made for this. Naughty Dog responded with something along the lines of:

 

"The custom hero/villian models are built around the physical shapes of a male. Therefore, to make a female, it would have to be constructed from the ground up which is at the expense of a lot of time and resources, in which we do not have. It would be to late in the game's life span to introduce something as big as this. Sorry!"


That really suckss . D: I wish they could.(:


Yeah, it would be pretty cool to have a female custom character.


Maybe they could do this in The Last of Us? o.O I heard multiplayer is promisedd.

 


Not sure. I heard that MP wasn't supposed to make a debut in TLoD, only Co-Op. We'll just have to wait and see. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 17 (274 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 09/19/2012
Offline
766 posts
 

Re: Gender Change in Custom Villains/Heroes

Nov 7, 2012
Yeah, I agree it would be cool to have female custom hero/villian characters. Especially if they had their own clothes.

Message 9 of 17 (265 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 07/07/2012
Offline
802 posts
 

Re: Gender Change in Custom Villains/Heroes

Nov 7, 2012
You would think this would be a no-brainer. Then again, besides Uncharted what other multiplayers (That have guns and stuff) allow you to even be a female at all?
Message 10 of 17 (231 Views)
Reply
0 Likes