Sep 29 2012
By: Olivier007 Lombax Warrior 95 posts

Games in progress toggle needed.

[ Edited ]
41 replies 446 views Edited Oct 4, 2012

Right, well, we all want a toggle to disable joining games in progress.

Now I don't know if ND has said anything on that matter or not, it just amazes me that we don't have such a thing yet.

And thanks to the tournament system, I know 100% sure, it IS possible for them to give us a toggle.

And here's why:

Activating the tournament while searching for players makes it stop searching for games in progress. Simple as that.

Don't ask me why, or how, but it does. So if ND can make that happen, they can just as easily give us a toggle for it.

Everybody hates being placed in a game that is impossible to win (I once got placed into a 3TDM game that was already in overtime, with my team not even near the others), as that gives you an undeserved loss in any situation, whether you leave the game, or stay and lose.

Naturally I am hoping to get support from many other players and 'forumers', as that will increase the chances of it happening. Let our voices be heard, right?

ALL boosters are now maxed out.
ALL treasure sets completed.
Remaining trophies: Overseer (0/1)

Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com
Message 1 of 42 (446 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3721 posts

Re: Games in progress toggle needed.

Sep 29, 2012
The problem is if they do remove it then they have to remove leaving a game somehow or bring in hefty fines.

If 3-4 people leave a game and no one has join game in progress activated then it will always be 5 v 3 or even less
Message 2 of 42 (442 Views)
Survivor
2178 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 30, 2012

There are many untold negative effects of this toggle. If you don't want to join in progress, use the profile trick. You press square, and if it suddenly backs you out with 10 players found, back out immediately.

Message 3 of 42 (408 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1930 posts

Sep 30, 2012

A regional toggle is needed LONG BEFORE this toggle ever gets created.

If anything, the joining games in progress should just be better PERIOD.

Photobucket
Message 4 of 42 (402 Views)
Survivor
2203 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 30, 2012

If players were able to toggle if they would join a match everyone would have it off. Oh and a little tip for you make sure you dont join a game: Find a game for what ever gamemode, Go into your profile and look at your hero/Villian, If you are going to join a match it will boot you out of your profile and say you found all your players then quicly back out and repeat.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 5 of 42 (398 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Sep 30, 2012
Amen. Matchmaking would take a while, but the lag would be cut down by a bit. I guarentee even with regional it'll still be one of the laggiest games sever though, because a lot of the time, I do play with fellow Americans. NDs netcode is crap. So don't think a region toggle will completely kill the laggy melee, crappy rolling, afterlife kills, and wanted bullets. I'm not saying everyone stateside has godly connections, but the ping should be fine, hence less lag.

Message 6 of 42 (393 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 30, 2012

The message 'Found Player' appears on all the names at the same time, then leave and don't come back, because that means that you'll join this round. This works for me. 

----------------------

Looking for friends to play Uncharted with? Add me. Have a headset and I'd like to meet friends, who are ready to help me with the star, since this is my second profile and I don't have the star here.
Message 7 of 42 (379 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
216 posts

Sep 30, 2012

OWN1N45 wrote:

A regional toggle is needed LONG BEFORE this toggle ever gets created.

If anything, the joining games in progress should just be better PERIOD.

What do you mean by better? I think losses should not count in late joined games, but wins should. This would completely fix the problem in my opinion, because you wouldn't have to take a loss for a game that was already over when you started it. But, if you help your team win, you still get rewarded.

Message 8 of 42 (346 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Sep 30, 2012
Bad idea
Naughtydog, you must bring back Charlie Cutter in Uncharted 4.
Message 9 of 42 (341 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2402 posts

Sep 30, 2012

SHUT_UP_FOOLS wrote:
Bad idea

I agree, Nobody would have it on so those 5vs1 matches I hated so much in Uncharted 2 will come back. And extra worse since the goal will remain 50 kills here.

Late-joining is ok but it shouldn't count for Wins/Losses. Fixing that is a better idea.

Message 10 of 42 (326 Views)