Reply
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Online
13041 posts
 

Re: GOT MY FINAL TREASURE !! Goodbye ND forever !!

[ Edited ]
Feb 19, 2013

TimeWarnerSux wrote:

Just when I thought I heard all the reasons NOT to buy another ND product: the lag, bugs, lag, party splits, lag, warping to a different map, dead body glitch, this guy comes along and complains about the broken treasure system..

 

I've heard it all.  


Put all of those together and you have a mighty fine reason not to.

 

Lag and Bugs alone are enough of a reason though.

 

I'm not buying TLoU though, It's actually because of the fact that I don't like how they handled Uncharted 3's development cycle the fact that we are at 1.15 and it's still broken tells me to stay clear since they aren't even fixing what is broken, they repeatedly add to the broken list.

 

But I'll play it. My husband is buying it.. But we actually have two copies of U3.

 

We would have had two copies of TLoU also but since they don't want to fix issues I'll only take it free which is what I'll do since he wont play online anyway so that code is mine.

 

Besides, everyone has different reasoning and different types of enjoyment for a game, you are going to alienate someone no matter what game you create, ND just kind of almost alienated everyone which is just beyond comprehension for a game developer.



Please use plain text.
Message 61 of 83 (206 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 02/22/2012
Offline
793 posts
 

Re: GOT MY FINAL TREASURE !! Goodbye ND forever !!

Feb 19, 2013

I don't wanna sound rude or anything, but I don't get why people make threads to announce they'll leave the game. If you wanna leave is your choice, but why make a thread? You're mad at ND? Send Eric a PM or something......no? When people make these kind of threads I feel like they want someone to say "no, don't do that, bla bla bla..." 

 

Anyway, dude, I understand your frustration, but aren't you overreacting a little? :smileyindifferent:

www.youtube.com/user/artennos - my new channel!

New PSN: Artennos

Please use plain text.
Message 62 of 83 (194 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 12/17/2011
Offline
3077 posts
 

Re: GOT MY FINAL TREASURE !! Goodbye ND forever !!

Feb 19, 2013

Bet AGAINST the OP's sentiment in the title!  If TLOU is playable, others like this WILL BE BACK...

 

JUST

LIKE

THE

FOLKS

THAT

SAID

THEY'D

NEVER

PLAY

UC3

 

See ya on TLOU!  (evaporation in ALT heaven could possibly happen, perchance?)

*****************************************
YOUTUBE SLEAZEVISION

*****************************************


Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com








Please use plain text.
Message 63 of 83 (178 Views)
Survivor
Registered: 12/25/2011
Offline
2178 posts
 

Re: GOT MY FINAL TREASURE !! Goodbye ND forever !!

Feb 19, 2013

wais_45 wrote:

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

smartbomb420 wrote:
@D-dude, nice one man, bit of humour was a good call :smileyhappy:

Kudos mrkaizoku. I differ slightly in that I decide my own games and don't influence others but your very right, only a drop in sales will get the message through.

Balls in your court ND, be it trophies or treasures or bugs or matchmaking or whatever, stand by idly and people will walk. There's three confirmed in this thread alone not going to put up with it, $150 kissed goodbye through your stubborn refusal to listen to us and act. Small fry yes, but we are just a few who actually post, how many more are there out there just as disgruntled .... A **bleep** site more than 150 dollars worth ill tell you that much.

It's not too late ND. You know what to do.

Look, you got your final treasure and you never want to play Uncharted 3 again, so get away from it. Also in my personal opinion. Anyone who grinds and grinds to get 2-3 trophies really doesn't have anything better to do with themselves.


I completely disagree with that. Some people just like being completionists, everything 100% then they can move on to the next game. It's a sense of achievment. Isn't that what the concept of trophies are? 


A game is ment to be played for fun, trophies are ment to add replay value or be there so you can show off to your friends about beating Uncharted 3 on crushing. If someone is buying games JUST to earn trophies is not how you play. I love earing trophies, its such a great feeling but I'm not going to buy lets say The Last Of Us just so i can get all the trophies and then go to the next game.

 

Its not what games or trophies were desgined to do.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 64 of 83 (167 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/29/2009
Online
4808 posts
 

Re: GOT MY FINAL TREASURE !! Goodbye ND forever !!

Feb 19, 2013

I just find it funny that some people saying that they are willing to boycott ND's products yet end up buying them anyway.
No point announcing that you are not going to buy any future games. Keep it to yourself. Will only bite you in the end if you announce it to the world.

Please use plain text.
Message 65 of 83 (150 Views)
Monster Hunter
Registered: 04/08/2010
Offline
39 posts
 

Re: GOT MY FINAL TREASURE !! Goodbye ND forever !!

Feb 19, 2013
As long as they are happy and doesn't hurt anyone.
Please use plain text.
Message 66 of 83 (136 Views)
Monster Hunter
Registered: 11/29/2012
Offline
20 posts
 

Re: GOT MY FINAL TREASURE !! Goodbye ND forever !!

Feb 19, 2013

Well ive certainly divided opinion. All I had intended was to highlight quite a simple concept to ND - listen to your fans or you will lose them. Clearly Ive upset some people just for being a trophy hunter, sorry for being who I am ..... I guess.

 

Thank you to those with enough wisdom to embrace the notion that some we are all different. Nobody is right or wrong in playing games for whatever end it is they choose and its a relief to see that free thinkers are still going strong, I salute you.

 

For those who think i'll buy anything more from ND, wrong. Plenty of other games out there for me to play. Ones I know I can enjoy AND be put to the test to get all the trophies. Thats a key element a few have overlooked, Ive seen people say I play 'just for trophies'. Follow the thread. READ it. I clearly state I play games that incorporate excellent gameplay with well thought out trophies - hence why you wont see any 'cheap' kiddie plats in my collection.

 

And for being called pathetic, yeah man, far out. Criticise me for how I choose to enjoy my games. You say you just give up on trophies and move on, in a similar perspective, could I not call you pathetic for doing so ? it would amount to the same, I dont know you, never ever spoken to you, yet make a judgmental comment on you like you did on me. Thing is, I wont, because you arent. Your playing stuff YOU own and play it however you see fit which is your right and I respect that. Should that not go both ways ?

 

And to the guy who thinks I get 100% on everything to 'show off' - you see a trophy card anywhere ? Have I even posted my PSN ? My collection is for MY satisfaction. I look at it with pride and know there wasnt a single challenge I did not overcome. Some people admire and respect that, others dont care, and some even think its sad. Dont care on all 3 counts, I complete everything for my satisfaction alone.

 

Now would it be possible to steer this back in the direction it was originally headed ? That being at ND in an attempt to get them to sit up and realise that poor workmanship = poor sales in future ?

Please use plain text.
Message 67 of 83 (110 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Online
2837 posts
 

Re: GOT MY FINAL TREASURE !! Goodbye ND forever !!

[ Edited ]
Feb 19, 2013

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

wais_45 wrote:

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

smartbomb420 wrote:
@D-dude, nice one man, bit of humour was a good call :smileyhappy:

Kudos mrkaizoku. I differ slightly in that I decide my own games and don't influence others but your very right, only a drop in sales will get the message through.

Balls in your court ND, be it trophies or treasures or bugs or matchmaking or whatever, stand by idly and people will walk. There's three confirmed in this thread alone not going to put up with it, $150 kissed goodbye through your stubborn refusal to listen to us and act. Small fry yes, but we are just a few who actually post, how many more are there out there just as disgruntled .... A **bleep** site more than 150 dollars worth ill tell you that much.

It's not too late ND. You know what to do.

Look, you got your final treasure and you never want to play Uncharted 3 again, so get away from it. Also in my personal opinion. Anyone who grinds and grinds to get 2-3 trophies really doesn't have anything better to do with themselves.


I completely disagree with that. Some people just like being completionists, everything 100% then they can move on to the next game. It's a sense of achievment. Isn't that what the concept of trophies are? 


A game is ment to be played for fun, trophies are ment to add replay value or be there so you can show off to your friends about beating Uncharted 3 on crushing. If someone is buying games JUST to earn trophies is not how you play. I love earing trophies, its such a great feeling but I'm not going to buy lets say The Last Of Us just so i can get all the trophies and then go to the next game.

 

Its not what games or trophies were desgined to do.


exactly, like I also said trophies are meant for replay value, nothing more, if you don't like the trophies, don't get them...

 

@ the guys saying the OP doesn't even mention trophies:

 

people who want to collect all the treasures can have to reasons to do so:

1) they want to unlock all the items

2) they want it for the trophies

 

if they have reason (1) it would not make sense to leave the game immediately afterwards, because why would you leave the game after you unlocked an item you liked to customize your character with

 

if they have reason (2) they are trophy hunters and trophy hunters get frustrated when they can't get a certain trophy, because that would hurt their 100% completion rate

 

so if you use simple logic you can clearly tell that the OP wanted these treasures just for the trophies, because he said he left the game immediately afterwards and also intends not to buy any other ND products because they might have a broken treasures system, we both know this is about those treasure trophies, nothing else...

 

edit: oh and btw, he confirms it in the post above me, guess that will put an end to this discussion :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 68 of 83 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 08/21/2011
Offline
2201 posts
 

Re: GOT MY FINAL TREASURE !! Goodbye ND forever !!

Feb 19, 2013

smartbomb420 wrote:

Well ive certainly divided opinion. All I had intended was to highlight quite a simple concept to ND - listen to your fans or you will lose them. Clearly Ive upset some people just for being a trophy hunter, sorry for being who I am ..... I guess.

 

Thank you to those with enough wisdom to embrace the notion that some we are all different. Nobody is right or wrong in playing games for whatever end it is they choose and its a relief to see that free thinkers are still going strong, I salute you.

 

For those who think i'll buy anything more from ND, wrong. Plenty of other games out there for me to play. Ones I know I can enjoy AND be put to the test to get all the trophies. Thats a key element a few have overlooked, Ive seen people say I play 'just for trophies'. Follow the thread. READ it. I clearly state I play games that incorporate excellent gameplay with well thought out trophies - hence why you wont see any 'cheap' kiddie plats in my collection.

 

And for being called pathetic, yeah man, far out. Criticise me for how I choose to enjoy my games. You say you just give up on trophies and move on, in a similar perspective, could I not call you pathetic for doing so ? it would amount to the same, I dont know you, never ever spoken to you, yet make a judgmental comment on you like you did on me. Thing is, I wont, because you arent. Your playing stuff YOU own and play it however you see fit which is your right and I respect that. Should that not go both ways ?

 

And to the guy who thinks I get 100% on everything to 'show off' - you see a trophy card anywhere ? Have I even posted my PSN ? My collection is for MY satisfaction. I look at it with pride and know there wasnt a single challenge I did not overcome. Some people admire and respect that, others dont care, and some even think its sad. Dont care on all 3 counts, I complete everything for my satisfaction alone.

 

Now would it be possible to steer this back in the direction it was originally headed ? That being at ND in an attempt to get them to sit up and realise that poor workmanship = poor sales in future ?


I'll call you pathetic again, just for the fact of not buying games because of 2 trophies that take time to earn... They don't even count towards the platinum.

 

I know more people hating DLC trophies. But I just think it's stupid that a game shouldn't get new stuff because then you haven't completed everything anymore.

 

I agree those 2 trophies are stupid but calling adding those "poor workmanship" is ridiculous.

 

And after all this is a whine thread. You don't need help with anything or want to discuss anything.

Signature02.png

Please use plain text.
Message 69 of 83 (104 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 07/14/2011
Online
604 posts
 

Re: GOT MY FINAL TREASURE !! Goodbye ND forever !!

Feb 19, 2013
Yeah!!!
This guy is pathetic.
Just like all the trophy hunters that came on this forum whining about patch 1.13's trophies!
Please use plain text.
Message 70 of 83 (93 Views)
0 Likes