Lombax Warrior
93 posts

Re: GOT MY FINAL TREASURE !! Goodbye ND forever !!

Feb 18, 2013

Your telling me you only played this game to get ALLLLL thé treasures. You can't be serious. Are you?

Message 41 of 83 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
20 posts

Feb 18, 2013
@D-dude, nice one man, bit of humour was a good call Smiley Happy

Kudos mrkaizoku. I differ slightly in that I decide my own games and don't influence others but your very right, only a drop in sales will get the message through.

Balls in your court ND, be it trophies or treasures or bugs or matchmaking or whatever, stand by idly and people will walk. There's three confirmed in this thread alone not going to put up with it, $150 kissed goodbye through your stubborn refusal to listen to us and act. Small fry yes, but we are just a few who actually post, how many more are there out there just as disgruntled .... A **bleep** site more than 150 dollars worth ill tell you that much.

It's not too late ND. You know what to do.
Message 42 of 83 (267 Views)
Survivor
2202 posts

Feb 18, 2013

smartbomb420 wrote:

Kudos mrkaizoku. I differ slightly in that I decide my own games and don't influence others but your very right, only a drop in sales will get the message through.

Balls in your court ND, be it trophies or treasures or bugs or matchmaking or whatever, stand by idly and people will walk. There's three confirmed in this thread alone not going to put up with it, $150 kissed goodbye through your stubborn refusal to listen to us and act. Small fry yes, but we are just a few who actually post, how many more are there out there just as disgruntled .... A **bleep** site more than 150 dollars worth ill tell you that much.

Look, you got your final treasure and you never want to play Uncharted 3 again, so get away from it. Also in my personal opinion. Anyone who grinds and grinds to get 2-3 trophies really doesn't have anything better to do with themselves.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 43 of 83 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14202 posts

Feb 18, 2013

smartbomb420 wrote:

The two posts beneath the OP, so all you got from that is Im a sad completionist come to b1tch and moan. Missed the point of it completely then, that I wanted to stress to the devs that the trophy community is alot bigger than people think it is and represents a large market share. It would do well to fix the system and grab back those customers they are losing by making people grind unreasonably for a luck based trophy.

But that went by completely unaddressed. No, you just had to jump on your high horse and take cheap shots at the guy who plays for trophies. Well done.

On topic, yes it may seem silly for me to abandon any future products by ND just by association. Irrational ? Maybe. But I thought UC2 was unreasonable at first with Protectorate medals. Then UC3 took that and pushed it into the realm of treasures. Forgive me for being a sceptic but I could well see things being just as bad if not worse in future games, and having experienced the severity of this luck based grind and ND's unwillingness to facilitate any permanent and stable fix for it has me believing whatever they release will just be a repeat of what ive just been through with a total lack of desire to fix it by the devs. Same again ? No thank you.

To sign off, Ive never played HM or any kids games, I boosted only the treasures and NSP medals, and Im not from .org either.

Respectfully,

sb

edit: Aureilia, Im sure you posted in my other threads I recognise your username. You always seem to properly explain the mood of those of us collecting trophies. I have no iea if you do so yourself but if you are impartial to it and simply argue the case from a clear perspective, you must be one of the most open minded people ive come across.

Thank you,

I can't say I collect trophies exactly, I do enjoy going for platinums if they are a realistic goal within my time limitations or if I really enjoy the game, I spent a year or so on Platinuming Mirrors Edge just because I really enjoyed the game, It was the hardest game I've ever tried to fully complete which is what had to be done to platinum it, but I was fine with it's difficulty, it was about player skill, something I had to get better at to get my 100% if I wanted it.

If I had got bored with it at any time I'd give it a break, If I don't want to play or do something I simply wont.

My example of Gran Turismo is a prime example of that, it's probably a really good game, It's not something I enjoy a lot though so I wont ever be platinuming it however it's okay in short spells so I'll still play it from time to time.

The one thing that irritates me more than anything is sheer stupidity from developers who take no care with their trophy/achievement selections. I love a nice hard game which would take me a while, if the game is great I'll go for it all the way.

There is nothing wrong with for example: Achieve All A licences with three stars or whatever it is in GT5, It's hard, I could get the skills to do it, I just don't want to, that is my problem.

James Bond: Blood Stone has Agent Medal trophies, I stuck with it and got them but the only way to get the last one is to boost it, you are not allowed to die and you have to do 5 of each objective in an objective match or something like that, It's actually impossible without boosting. That is an example of a poor trophy. Ironic that Bizarre Creations all got canned after that game. Point is a trophy that requires you to cheat the game requires no skill and just makes you notice how stupid people are that make games sometimes.

I'm pretty certain the same person who made the treasure trophies made the protectorate one up. If they wont fire that person the very least they can do is duct tape his/her mouth shut during brain storming sessions.

The Protectorate trophy which I do have, thanks to my friends who stood around farming n00bs... Yeah I know. I didn't like doing that, I felt horrible. But it was the only way I could attain it.

A games trophy set should be based on skill that encourages players to improve and lends itself to the gameplay at the same time.

I don't agree with the treasure in single player either. I have them, can't say I enjoyed it, it lends nothing to the gameplay and doesn't exactly require me to get better at the game. It's just the new developer cop out for saying we can't think of enough ways to earn a trophy, so drop loads of random items in and make you find them.

While I'm not actually a trophy hunter, I may have mentioned I do go for the odd platinum, but I do like to get 100% in games that I have previously got that in.

Example. I have 100%'d every WWE game apart from the most resent one which asks you to reach the highest level in gane.. No thank you, thank god THQ employees are all out of jobs, they deserve it for that. It's unreasonable to expect someone to waste that much time, I'm angry over it, Just like I'm angry at the amount of time ND expect you to waste in co-op arena.

I love co-op arena, I love co-op, but the treasure system does more harm than good to the game. I don't even want to play co-op because I know if I did I'd be looking for treasures and making myself angry. So I just wont bother that often with that mode. ND killed co-op with these little ideas they had that ended up doing more harm than good. Someone who wants to forget this mess wont be interested in partaking in co-op.

I can put my own little personal 100% wanting nature aside and be honest that I'm more sad for co-op fans who have been forced to endure this and been put off their mode and in a way ND ruined the game for them by making them play more than they ever wanted to thus giving an initial spike of players for a few months but everyone would have got bored which is why the co-op numbers are so low.

Message 44 of 83 (251 Views)
Sackboy
274 posts

Feb 18, 2013

ND gave everyone a middle finger when they decided to make those two trophies based on pure LUCK. There is no skill involved. It doesn't matter how much you play because in the end, it's based on luck. You can spend a week, month, hell even years and you probably still won't get them. It's BS. I'm a completionist when it comes to the Uncharted games (trophy wise). I have almost all of UC3's, but what's stopping me to get my 100% back is that last treasure trophy. Luck based rewards/trophies seriously need to **bleep**.

Message 45 of 83 (213 Views)
I Only Post Everything
802 posts

Feb 18, 2013
As long as you get the platinum trophy who cares about seeing 100%? You didn't have to grind your butt off for one stupid trophy.
Message 46 of 83 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
274 posts

Feb 18, 2013

Reading comprehension is so dead around here.

Message 47 of 83 (199 Views)
Fender Bender
2352 posts

Feb 18, 2013

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

smartbomb420 wrote:

Look, you got your final treasure and you never want to play Uncharted 3 again, so get away from it. Also in my personal opinion. Anyone who grinds and grinds to get 2-3 trophies really doesn't have anything better to do with themselves.

I completely disagree with that. Some people just like being completionists, everything 100% then they can move on to the next game. It's a sense of achievment. Isn't that what the concept of trophies are? 

My Youtube Channel:

NG \\Wais
Message 48 of 83 (192 Views)
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3482 posts

Feb 19, 2013

Ok, let's tell you something:

normal people buy games based on if they think it's going to be fun to play, if they enjoyed it they might take a look at the trophy list to add replay value to their game, that's what trophies are for, they're not meant to brag on the internet that your trophy completion rate is 100%, and if you can't get 100% in a game then just move on...

what you now say is that you won't buy any Naughty Dog products anymore just because you don't know for certain if you can get all the trophies, that's pathetic, The Last of Us is going to be an amazing game and you want to skip on it just because your trophy completion rate will perhaps get lower then 100%, seriously, listen to yourself!

Message 49 of 83 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3228 posts

Feb 19, 2013
I find it funny how people are commenting in here trying to bash the OP about Trophies when he didn't mention trophies but someone else did.

He said they implemented a broken treasure drop mechanic.

To the poster above what do you mean by normal people ? Because everyone is different, some people like completing a game 100% when did this make them abnormal ?

I guess I can also say normal people don't come to a game forum & complain about glitches & their frustration with a game they simply just move on to another game according to logics in this thread.
Message 50 of 83 (168 Views)
0 Likes