Feb 18 2013
By: smartbomb420 Monster Hunter 20 posts

GOT MY FINAL TREASURE !! Goodbye ND forever !!

82 replies 810 views Edited Feb 18, 2013

Ive put a few posts up about treasures since December, some filled with fury, others appealing for change to the drop system. Pretty much fell on deaf ears really but lastnight I finally obtained that god forsaken Gold Incan Vessel and completed the treasure set needed for 100% completion.

ND, I cant tell you how relieved I am for this grind to be over. You very nearly broke me with this godforsaken treasure system. This thread is feedback for you ND. I had always thought this would be just a huge rant but Im just so relieved I cant be bothered. I will just say that I am just one customer you have forever lost. And Im by far not the only one. The ordeal of collecting these treasure sets have left such a bitter taste that anything that carries the paw print will be avoided at all costs. I just cant trust you not to ruin such beautiful games with such shockingly bad collectable systems in future. I mean there's countless suggestions out there on how it could be fixed including my own impassioined appeal to make treasures buyable with in game money - it would have been so simple aswell as the code for purchasing things already exists, it would have just needed tweaking. So anyway, yeah, Im parting ways with you. If you cant listen to your community and not duck out of making proper changes and instead put out these rare treasure weekends which still dont guarantee the threasure you need, then Im afraid I have no confidence in you to not do exactly the same with UC4 or TLoU.

I dont expect you care much about me, whats $50 in the grand scheme eh ? But I warn you, keep it up and your fanbase will fall away - UC was my favourite franchise, and UC3 was the first game I ever pre-ordered. If you can manage to turn me away, dont think you cant lose a huge amount of others.

Do the right thing. Make a proper change and fix this dreadful system. Show me and everyone else who you made suffer this wretched pot luck grind that you care about your customers and want them to enjoy your products. Then I will come back, and Im sure alot of others will too.

So long, ND.

Message 1 of 83 (810 Views)
Survivor
2203 posts

Re: GOT MY FINAL TREASURE !! Goodbye ND forever !!

Feb 18, 2013

No one said you had to grind you **bleep** off to get every treasure but you. We all know the treasure sysem is broken, protip: stay away from broken mechanics.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 2 of 83 (805 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
631 posts

Feb 18, 2013
I've never heard of someone who doesn't buy a game for a hard trophy released by that same company in another game!
These trophies were hard yes, but you sound ridiculous with your exclamations!
Goodbye no-lifers (trophy hunters that b!tched like you did) and good luck with those hanna montana games you like to play!
Message 3 of 83 (800 Views)
Survivor
2203 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 18, 2013

BirthBS wrote:
I've never heard of someone who doesn't buy a game for a hard trophy released by that same company in another game!
These trophies were hard yes, but you sound ridiculous with your exclamations!
Goodbye no-lifers (trophy hunters that b!tched like you did) and good luck with those hanna montana games you like to play!

Thats essentially what I ment to say but I didn't want to offend anyone lol.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 4 of 83 (791 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14228 posts

Feb 18, 2013

Some really stupid responses here by unethical people who don't understand the difference between hard and nearly impossible.

Hard game to attain 100% in = Gran Turismo 5 - Not impossible but acceptable, hard is fine

Uncharted 3 - Luck based treasure system that doesn't work correctly - Unacceptable

No I'm not going to leave the game, but I can completely understand why someone would. completionists are getting shafted, trophy hunters are getting shafted, but most importantly of all the average player is getting shafted.

Bottom line: Whoever made this DLC trophy selection for Uncharted 3 hasn't even played the game, it's not just the treasures that are bad. 50 Assassins? REALLY? I mean I could do it.. But I'm not going to. It goes against the whole idea of the game If I'm running around trying to assassinate everyone.

But way to generalize, every completionist will play Hannah Montana. But that's okay because every moron will make that assumption.

Message 5 of 83 (771 Views)
Wastelander
631 posts

Feb 18, 2013
Yeah, treasures trophies are very very very hard to obtained and i complained about them a lot!
Anyway people from ps3trophies.org are coming here **bleep** about ALL the trophies.
If you go to that forums you'll see people creating boosting sessions for TDM wins, TO points, headshots....really?????Are you boosting TDM wins??
Well that reinforce my theory!
Trophy hunters are noobs when it comes to MP if they need to boost TDM!!
So yeah....keep playing hanna montana, singstar etc...
Message 6 of 83 (759 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 18, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

But way to generalize, every completionist will play Hannah Montana. But that's okay because every moron will make that assumption.

Yeah, not everyone is like hakoom or duck360 (infamous account sharers + trophy whοres)... some people enjoy playing UC3 MP for fun with their friends, but they are also completionists. Nothing wrong with that, so I don't understand the condescension/hostility.

@BirthBS

I'd never play Hannah Montana. Nor do I need to boost TDM wins, since I can easily win most matches in a party of 5.

Also, don't forget that you are looking for people to BOOST/FARM Hunter! Hunter is a hybrid (semi-Competitive) mode and COLLUSION is a form of cheating, even in that mode!

Hunter boosting is no different than 3TDM boosting or CR boosting. Don't be a hypocrite.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 7 of 83 (711 Views)
Monster Hunter
20 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 18, 2013

The two posts beneath the OP, so all you got from that is Im a sad completionist come to b1tch and moan. Missed the point of it completely then, that I wanted to stress to the devs that the trophy community is alot bigger than people think it is and represents a large market share. It would do well to fix the system and grab back those customers they are losing by making people grind unreasonably for a luck based trophy.

But that went by completely unaddressed. No, you just had to jump on your high horse and take cheap shots at the guy who plays for trophies. Well done.

On topic, yes it may seem silly for me to abandon any future products by ND just by association. Irrational ? Maybe. But I thought UC2 was unreasonable at first with Protectorate medals. Then UC3 took that and pushed it into the realm of treasures. Forgive me for being a sceptic but I could well see things being just as bad if not worse in future games, and having experienced the severity of this luck based grind and ND's unwillingness to facilitate any permanent and stable fix for it has me believing whatever they release will just be a repeat of what ive just been through with a total lack of desire to fix it by the devs. Same again ? No thank you.

To sign off, Ive never played HM or any kids games, I boosted only the treasures and NSP medals, and Im not from .org either.

Respectfully,

sb

edit: Aureilia, Im sure you posted in my other threads I recognise your username. You always seem to properly explain the mood of those of us collecting trophies. I have no iea if you do so yourself but if you are impartial to it and simply argue the case from a clear perspective, you must be one of the most open minded people ive come across.

Message 8 of 83 (702 Views)
Wastelander
808 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 18, 2013

Wait let me get this right, you are such an obesseive complusive that you had to collect every treasue in the game? As soon as you did you are going to stop playing and never play anything ND put out in the future?  Em, well done for getting all the tresures but this post is pointless.  

Photobucket
Message 9 of 83 (692 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
631 posts

Feb 18, 2013
@tapantaola
You can believe it or not but i was looking for players to boost hunter only for the last treasure (copper newari).
I got all the other treasure without boosting and got 1 trophy the day i downloaded patch 1.13.
But anyway, i like trophies too but i hate all this hating that's going on with ND since that patch was released.
It's just stupid.
I entered a 3TDM match alone around september and "my buddy" keep dieing because he was helping a friend boosting assassins medals.
I lost that match unfairly and reported those guys.
From that day i hated those kind of players.
Then i saw a lot of hating posts here and this time i couldn't resist.
Message 10 of 83 (682 Views)
0 Likes