Re: FraggedNation Uncharted 3 Public League Re-Launch

Dec 19, 2012
Oh boy, here we go again...
Message 61 of 66 (237 Views)
Limit Breaker
17666 posts

Dec 19, 2012
You actually did take it out for the reason I said. Other rules, no. But the camping, I said you'd better be prepared for grief on that one.

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 62 of 66 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
17666 posts

Dec 19, 2012
And so did venom...

Message 63 of 66 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4595 posts

Dec 19, 2012

scootgar wrote:
You actually did take it out for the reason I said. Other rules, no. But the camping, I said you'd better be prepared for grief on that one.

When you said "dealbreaker", I thought you meant people would be complaining about it because they couldn't camp anymore, not because we'd get way too many support tickets about it.

Message 64 of 66 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
17666 posts

Dec 20, 2012

SouthpawLP wrote:

scootgar wrote:

When you said "dealbreaker", I thought you meant people would be complaining about it because they couldn't camp anymore, not because we'd get way too many support tickets about it.

Ah, gotcha.   I had visions of you and Squiid in here, arguing with people over how long they'd tarried, how far from a spot one had to move to break a 'camp' and how long it was required to be away before returning...  Was it camping if you were under fire the entire time, was it camping if you try to leave but saw someone and hid...

Message 65 of 66 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
4595 posts

Dec 20, 2012

scootgar wrote:

SouthpawLP wrote:

scootgar wrote:

Ah, gotcha.   I had visions of you and Squiid in here, arguing with people over how long they'd tarried, how far from a spot one had to move to break a 'camp' and how long it was required to be away before returning...  Was it camping if you were under fire the entire time, was it camping if you try to leave but saw someone and hid...

Nah. Fact is I came up with the rule for good intentions, but with the amount of teams we hope will be more active on this ladder, granted Ferrari keeps the lid on his pail, it would probably end up being broken (legitimately) that it just wouldn't work out. We are still hoping people realize this ladder isn't meant to be as competitive as the UCL, and that kickbacks can help speed up the gameplay considerably. We want camping to be discouraged on the ladder, and the rule helped out when we had only a few active teams on the casual ladder, but with the UPL it might not be as successful. Squid and I didn't argue about it at all, or even mention what you just brought up.

Message 66 of 66 (141 Views)
0 Likes