Uncharted Territory
1424 posts

Re: Bring Back The Stage [Eric-ND RESPONDS!!!]

[ Edited ]
Aug 1, 2012

Eric always answers questions until a very important and legitimate one comes up and then...

POOF!

He vanishes Smiley Sad

Message 381 of 478 (447 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 1, 2012

I know they could copy and paste the map itself without the cool animation style to it, but I just want to know REALLY why.

Is the U3 MP engine so different that it can't have character animations besides taunts? 

The running animation itself is so rigid, boring, and not immersive at all that it takes away the feeling of a character in the game. Granted, this is MP, but some the feeling of battle and the twitching from flying bullets bring MP to a SP feeling. The feeling of character emotion.

Example, sometimes the character will palce his hand or sort of touch a wall  when running close to it and turning a corner. Something that simple makes him feel real.

In U2, the running animation reacted to the environment, whether it was a change of incline, snow prints and snow sticking to your character and melting away, or water actually splashing when you run through it and your clothes getting wet. These details added so much more.

Can the U3 MP engine not do this? I feel as though the new animation isn't (rough quoting) "more heroic and strong". All I feel is that it is really rigid, slow, and clunky.

The only dynamic thing about a character is Chloe's ponytail that is affected by movement. Desert Drake's scarf doesn't move in the wind and during motion. The coat tail on and suited character doesn't move. WHY IS EVERYTHING SO BLAND? 

It isn't bland on other video game standards, and ND I love this game, but it seems to be a small let down.

I don't know why the U3 engine (if that is even the issue) is so different, but it seems like U2 engine is far superior. The only thing U3 has above it is graphics, but those only go so far.

With the inclusion of recording, Machinimas could be a peice of cake compared to U2. The amount of character detail and the return of the character animations would be amazing for Machinima makers everywhere.

The only thing that could make this better is rendering at 720p cinema videos.

tl;dr Why can't the U3 engine support character animations and changes to characters due to elements like U2 beautifully did? 

Message 382 of 478 (416 Views)
Sackboy
606 posts

Aug 1, 2012

ND Logic

Forum Member: can we get this map

ND: No!!!!!!!!!!

Forum Member: Why not

ND: its not technically possible

Forum Member: Cant you just do so and so?

ND: .....................

Forum Member: Are you there?

Forum Member 2: yea i think we just lost them

i think ND does this after so many comments

"If you suck at the game, you're supposed to lose" nuff said
I'm from britan. Kangaroo's n' Cowboy hats, mate
Message 383 of 478 (402 Views)
Lombax Warrior
133 posts

Aug 1, 2012

askubs94 wrote:

I know they could copy and paste the map itself without the cool animation style to it, but I just want to know REALLY why.

Is the U3 MP engine so different that it can't have character animations besides taunts? 

The running animation itself is so rigid, boring, and not immersive at all that it takes away the feeling of a character in the game. Granted, this is MP, but some the feeling of battle and the twitching from flying bullets bring MP to a SP feeling. The feeling of character emotion.

Example, sometimes the character will palce his hand or sort of touch a wall  when running close to it and turning a corner. Something that simple makes him feel real.

In U2, the running animation reacted to the environment, whether it was a change of incline, snow prints and snow sticking to your character and melting away, or water actually splashing when you run through it and your clothes getting wet. These details added so much more.

Can the U3 MP engine not do this? I feel as though the new animation isn't (rough quoting) "more heroic and strong". All I feel is that it is really rigid, slow, and clunky.

The only dynamic thing about a character is Chloe's ponytail that is affected by movement. Desert Drake's scarf doesn't move in the wind and during motion. The coat tail on and suited character doesn't move. WHY IS EVERYTHING SO BLAND? 

It isn't bland on other video game standards, and ND I love this game, but it seems to be a small let down.

I don't know why the U3 engine (if that is even the issue) is so different, but it seems like U2 engine is far superior. The only thing U3 has above it is graphics, but those only go so far.

With the inclusion of recording, Machinimas could be a peice of cake compared to U2. The amount of character detail and the return of the character animations would be amazing for Machinima makers everywhere.

The only thing that could make this better is rendering at 720p cinema videos.

tl;dr Why can't the U3 engine support character animations and changes to characters due to elements like U2 beautifully did? 

Wearing those rose colored glasses much? The snow didn't stick to the characters. Load up the game again. They start the match with the snow on their clothing. It just only looked that way on the snowy maps.

And what does the Map have to do with the animations? He just said it's not techinically possible to get THAT map. I doubt the animations are tied to the map. If I had to guess I bet it's becasue the map doesn't have all the setup of a normal map. Ya know, spawn points and treasures chests and stuff. I am only speculating, but trying to put all that stuff in doesn't sound easy OR quick. Look how hard it is to balance spawns?

Anyway, you main point was about the character animations. Watching what happened to the character graphics this time around, it's pretty clear to me, that YEAH, they really couldn't afford it. And I don't mean monetarily. I bet the engine really couldn't handle it. We already have MORE taunts than the last game. Plus if you think about it, the MP this time around has A LOT more stuff than the last game. Probably not the answer you want to hear, but I bet Eric will back me up if he sees this post!

Message 384 of 478 (354 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3588 posts

Aug 1, 2012

@askubs94

I think it's because of splitscreen, the PS3 needs to run the game twice at the same time, therefore it could not have too difficult effects, I'm not sure, but I think that's the reason whySmiley Wink

Message 385 of 478 (346 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1094 posts

Re: Bring Back The Stage [110+ Kudos!!!]

Aug 1, 2012
I used to buddy up with people after a game and then take them to a game in the stage before they knew what happened. Then I'd run for the chain gun and kill them over and over until they left.

I always liked to think that was the reason they removed the buddy up feature between games.
Message 386 of 478 (324 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
780 posts

Aug 1, 2012

DaTrueMonster wrote:

ND Logic

Yeah, that sounds about right. If they've already said no, and that something's not technically possible, what more needs to be said? Us lowly peasants don't need to know the details and it wouldn't benefit ND to divulge them.

Message 387 of 478 (320 Views)
Wastelander
588 posts

Aug 1, 2012

NearRivers wrote:

DaTrueMonster wrote:

ND Logic

Yeah, that sounds about right. If they've already said no, and that something's not technically possible, what more needs to be said? Us lowly peasants don't need to know the details and it wouldn't benefit ND to divulge them.

they said No to the "stage 2.0" or "the animator's playground", and they also said No to the Machinima mode being in Uncharted 3.

but they still have not answered my/our question about , if it is possible to see the origianal stage from Uncharted 2 coming to Uncharted 3... I mean it isen't Hard at all, all we are asking for, is Just a copy and paste procces for the map, nothing else.....

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

abbasman47 Trophy Card
Message 388 of 478 (301 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
250 posts

Aug 1, 2012
The Stage reminds me of MGS2's VR Missions and that gives me a headache lol.
Message 389 of 478 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3480 posts

Aug 1, 2012

abbasman47 wrote:

NearRivers wrote:

DaTrueMonster wrote:

ND Logic

they said No to the "stage 2.0" or "the animator's playground", and they also said No to the Machinima mode being in Uncharted 3.

but they still have not answered my/our question about , if it is possible to see the origianal stage from Uncharted 2 coming to Uncharted 3... I mean it isen't Hard at all, all we are asking for, is Just a copy and paste procces for the map, nothing else.....

I agree. In addition, I know for a fact that they just copy and pasted the flashback maps, so technically speaking.... This isn't hard at all to do. 

Message 390 of 478 (270 Views)
0 Likes