Fender Bender
2394 posts

Re: For Uncharted 4, Should ND Go Back to Basic Loadouts or Custom?

Feb 12, 2013

Going back to the old U2 formula is not a good idea. U3 had some great ideas that didn't turn out so great when implemented. But they were great ideas nevertheless. ND needs to work with the U3 formula (loadouts and such, but eliminate the power plays from tdm).

My Youtube Channel:

NG \\Wais
Message 11 of 30 (317 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1747 posts

Feb 12, 2013

wycliff_12 wrote:
@ Matthew ... that would make the game a complete mess

I definitely think it could work. Here's an example for the voting screen:

Airstrip-Custom loadout

Cave-Basic loadout

(Or maybe even a third map) Graveyard-Basic loadout

Looks clear and simple.

This months old sig image will remain till the end of days.
Message 12 of 30 (316 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5143 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 12, 2013

I'd say keep loadouts however there should be a classic mode from the beginning so that those that don't like loadouts or just want plain old UC2 gameplay can play it.

For loadouts I'd say keep it as simple as possible, not too many weapons as each weapon should be properly tested and balanced.

If you were to grab all of the weapons from UC3, I would personally remove the dragon sniper from loadouts, place it around some maps and buff it so that it's a full fledge power weapon, I prefer it to be a power weapon than a loadout weapon. KAL-7 just heavily reduce the recoil and maybe the Rate of Fire so that it can be aim-able. G-MAL, slightly reduce the recoil and AK slightly reduce the spread although it's pretty much perfect.
Also suggest removing Rate of Fire and situational awareness like mods from all guns.
Reload Speed, larger clip, more ammo, accuracy, blindfire accuracy mods should be allowed.

Have more focus on aiming but not kill off blindfire.
Those are my thoughts.

Message 13 of 30 (313 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2389 posts

Feb 12, 2013
Call me crazy, but I'd actually like it if they let us pick loadouts, but also had all the weapons spawn across the maps.

They would have to make it so it couldn't refill ammo for your modded weapon, but it would spice things up a little, and would save having to die if you wanted to change weapons. And it couldn't offer too much advantage either since they would have no mods.
Pepsi
Message 14 of 30 (304 Views)
Fender Bender
3248 posts

Feb 12, 2013
Also they need to really support & push Co-Op more in UC4, Uncharted game play is built around Co-Op I'm puzzled why ND dropped the ball so much with this mode.

Co-Op Arena - should have two modes

Combine Siege & Gold Rush ( for Gold rush make it more like Hunter Arena)

Make Survival it's own Mode & make it more like Gears of War 'Horde Mode'
Message 15 of 30 (300 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Feb 12, 2013

SjShane wrote:
Call me crazy, but I'd actually like it if they let us pick loadouts, but also had all the weapons spawn across the maps.

They would have to make it so it couldn't refill ammo for your modded weapon, but it would spice things up a little, and would save having to die if you wanted to change weapons. And it couldn't offer too much advantage either since they would have no mods.

I like this idea.

If possible, we could do it HC mode (no mods, no weapons scattered around, but you can pick up other people's weps). It worked fine for me, since no matter what gun variant you use, if it's the same gun essentially (Chloe's and Marlowe's), you get ammo.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 16 of 30 (287 Views)
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
228 posts

Feb 12, 2013

I personally think UC3 is becoming more balanced. I agree a reduction of blindfire would make the game overall balanced. I believe the Gmal is balanced now. I still use it, works fine. The M9 and Ak can still be used with aiming. The KAl would still be a blindfire weapon, just making you have to be closer to hit target. I think ND should have a lower blindfire accuracy to start with and no ROF mod. They should be custom loadouts

R.I.P POGO
Message 17 of 30 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

Feb 12, 2013

They should remove any mods that increase whatever to a gun. (Like blindfire, rof, and accuracy.) 

Stuff that do not effect the gun, like scope zoom and more ammo and call-out should stay. 

6884 posts

Feb 12, 2013

I'd say keep the custom loadouts. It adds more variety, and if they don't rush UC4 like they did with this one, hopefully they can come out with most of the gun balances right on release and at most only make minor tweaks at the start of release instead of having 10+ different patches of the span of 1 1/2 years.

As for boosters, I don't mind if they are leveled are just 1 level. Though I would say make all of them equally useful in some way so that we don't see numerous amounts of the same few boosters.

kickbacks are meh, I can live without them, but if they do bring em back I hope they are improved and more balanced, don't want that QB brokenness again...

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 19 of 30 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2477 posts

Feb 12, 2013

i can take or leave loadouts, but KICKBACKS SHOULD BE ABOLISHED

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 20 of 30 (247 Views)