Nov 16 2012
By: gunnsandwiches42 Survivor 2003 posts

Floating Idol Glitch

9 replies 220 views Edited Nov 16, 2012

Yesterday this happened in 2 consecutive matches; Im sure its happened to people in the past also.

Making this thread because I had it twice in a row. I believe this glitch was not on the previous "Plunder Glitches" thread.

I was playing Plunder and after the Idol was thrown, instead of landing on the ground, it just kind of hung in the air, floating. Once I was able to pull it out of the air, the second time it was too hight and we had to wait on a respawn.

Has this happened to you before? And yes Im aware ND will ignore this thread.

--
if you vote for Cave Plunder, may the gods have mercy on your soul
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5297 posts

Re: Floating Idol Glitch

Nov 16, 2012

lol it was weird, because I was there when it actually got stuck. I like pulled down a guy as he was throwing the idol and it just froze there in midair.

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 10 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1431 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 16, 2012

Yesterday there where 2 idols spawning on Team Objective! Anyone heard of this glitch before or should I record it? (Have the cinema saved) The idols generally seem to be glitchy.

Edit: Didn't this happened when we where playing yesterday? Was it the Graveyard, I don't remember.

--------ND/SCEE: UNCENSOR TLOU EU MP ALREADY!--------
----Greetings from Sony Censortainment Network Europe----
------------------Join my GTA V crew "ND forums"!-------------------

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 10 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5297 posts

Nov 16, 2012

That is actually quite common to me in both plunder and TO, usually one of them despawn the second you touch it though.

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 10 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Nov 16, 2012

I've seen it a couple of times... I think it's caused by lag (just like grenade "orbs" stuck in mid-air).

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1431 posts

Nov 16, 2012

sanddude20 wrote:

That is actually quite common to me in both plunder and TO, usually one of them despawn the second you touch it though.

Didn't happen. The enemy got both idols and they got double the points! It was after you guys leaved and I stayed in the lobby with Sitrongr. (I believe that's how it's written)

--------ND/SCEE: UNCENSOR TLOU EU MP ALREADY!--------
----Greetings from Sony Censortainment Network Europe----
------------------Join my GTA V crew "ND forums"!-------------------

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 10 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5297 posts

Nov 16, 2012

Psyschock wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

Didn't happen. The enemy got both idols and they got double the points! It was after you guys leaved and I stayed in the lobby with Sitrongr. (I believe that's how it's written)

lol woah, yea that never happened to me. I noticed it as a glitch that happens when someone leaves.

Normally when anyone leaves, the idol despawns back to its original spawn but I guess due to lag when someone leaves the idol stays there and another one respawns.

photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4568 posts

Nov 16, 2012
Record it psychock!

And tell me your YT :smileyhappy:

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 10 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2003 posts

Nov 16, 2012

Psyschock wrote:

Yesterday there where 2 idols spawning on Team Objective! Anyone heard of this glitch before or should I record it? (Have the cinema saved) The idols generally seem to be glitchy.

Edit: Didn't this happened when we where playing yesterday? Was it the Graveyard, I don't remember.

It happened on Graveyard, near our chest, and I was able to pull it down out of the air.

It happened on Cave the next match, and thats when we had to wait for a respawn.

Definitely post the 2 Treasure Hunter Idol glitch, sounds epic.

--
if you vote for Cave Plunder, may the gods have mercy on your soul
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 10 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11020 posts

Nov 16, 2012

It happened only once, and it's also a very rare glitch, i believe ND won't touch this.

What they really need to do is change matchmaking. :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 10 (138 Views)
0 Likes