Treasure Hunter
3984 posts

Re: Fix your broken game!

Feb 25, 2013
The lagger in the video should be frozen or kicked for lag like that. Not free to run about while the host tries to figure out what he's doing. Poor lag compensation technique.
Message 51 of 64 (343 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Feb 25, 2013

xxBLiTZKREIGxx wrote:
The lagger in the video should be frozen or kicked for lag like that. Not free to run about while the host tries to figure out what he's doing. Poor lag compensation technique.

Yeah, I wonder if he ever saw the white plug. That's a bit lenient as well for certain players. Thank god he wasn't a tryhard.

I had also sent him a message (no hatemail, that's too petty) asking him to send me his cinema file, so that I could watch the match from his perspective. Of course he never responded... Smiley Indifferent

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 52 of 64 (338 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3984 posts

Feb 25, 2013
You're better than me. I would have called him every name in the book Smiley Happy

Yeah, thank god he wasn't a tryhard!
Message 53 of 64 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

Feb 25, 2013
The thing is I have experienced lag nearly as bad as that video and I have a slow connection. Granted that's probably the worst I've seen but mine was still 250 plus feet.

On a related note, I had a Spanish kid use a lag switch on me in the Lab today. I sent the file to player report, I still won, and he still sucked. Literally the second he knew I was near him or shooting at him his body would freeze and then he'd pop out of it and headshot me with the dragon. He even did it when I used the SAS on him. In this cinema you can see my body fly back to where I was a few seconds earlier.

He got a lose though cause he lagged himself out. Does the white plug not exist anymore? Beyond the Net Tools trick how can he get away with this and not get the plug?
Message 54 of 64 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Feb 25, 2013

Net Tools trick? I don't know about that one, but I know another program that allows you to lag-switch on demand.

Someone had demonstrated that to me 2 years ago in UC2 MP (he learned that trick from the MGO community, lol)... he could freeze for up to 15 secs and he wouldn't get disconnected, as long as he wasn't the host.

And yes, there is a program that allows you to determine with 100% accuracy if you are the host or not.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 55 of 64 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6878 posts

Feb 25, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

Net Tools trick? I don't know about that one, but I know another program that allows you to lag-switch on demand.

Someone had demonstrated that to me 2 years ago in UC2 MP (he learned that trick from the MGO community, lol)... he could freeze for up to 15 secs and he wouldn't get disconnected, as long as he wasn't the host.

And yes, there is a program that allows you to determine with 100% accuracy if you are the host or not.

I remember that from MGO! lol Smiley Very Happy

I miss that game so much... Smiley Sad

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 56 of 64 (233 Views)
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 25, 2013

Not surprised it came from the MGO community. People that are so desperate to win that they will cheat are pathetic. I wouldn't put it past many players in this game.

Josh showed me in a custom using what he called Net Tools to adjust the lag level to whatever you wanted. I've played against certain players twice and suddenly they became the laggiest people on the planet the second time around (cough... SoG+... cough). Let's just say I've have my suspicions.

Then pride should me a different program he got from faboles that basically does the same thing. People are so prideful and pathetic that they'll cheat to win. Grow some balls people.

Message 57 of 64 (221 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3984 posts

Feb 26, 2013
I've seen so many white plugs when certain players get close to me, that I have to assume there are some lag switchers among us. Especially when the white plug typically gives me a death.

I've seen homemade programs using note book on your desktop and the command prompt. It gives an instant burst of lag. Not sure how it would be effective to keep messing with a pc/laptop during gameplay, but I'm not a desperate, virgin, basement-dwelling, unemployed manchild Smiley Very Happy
Message 58 of 64 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20179 posts

Feb 26, 2013

xxBLiTZKREIGxx wrote:
I've seen so many white plugs when certain players get close to me, that I have to assume there are some lag switchers among us. Especially when the white plug typically gives me a death.

I've seen homemade programs using note book on your desktop and the command prompt. It gives an instant burst of lag. Not sure how it would be effective to keep messing with a pc/laptop during gameplay, but I'm not a desperate, virgin, basement-dwelling, unemployed manchild Smiley Very Happy

You only get the white plug when YOU'RE Internet upload speed is dropping. I don't think people could just make your Internet lag like that.

Message 59 of 64 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Feb 26, 2013

xxBLiTZKREIGxx wrote:

Well, in theory it's technically possible to flood your connection with unsolicited packets, as long as someone knows your IP address and has a HUGE upload (his upstream needs to be bigger than your downstream speed <-- very rare).

So, it's not very likely to happen.

Message 60 of 64 (168 Views)
0 Likes