Reply
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/28/2009
Offline
13011 posts
 

Re: Fix your broken game!

[ Edited ]
Feb 25, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

This is the internet.

 

I can say 1+1=3 and say it's the truth!


This is democracy in general, so you can say whatever you want (even 1 + 1 = 4), without any repercussions.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 41 of 64 (288 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/03/2010
Offline
6514 posts
 

Re: Fix your broken game!

Feb 25, 2013

xxBLiTZKREIGxx wrote:
Ok men, let's break it up. Agree to disagree. Even if you know you're right. Shake hands and go home. We don't need some of the last vets on here at each others throats.

I respect where you both are coming from. I tend to agree with tap more, but in the end it doesn't matter. The argument is over things we cannot control and ND doesn't care to fix.

We just gotta enjoy this game for what it is: 50% frustration, 50% the most fun I've ever had in front of my tv.

Smiley Happy

The only reason I'm a "vet" here is because I countered and argued with the established "vets" (established for all of 12 months) on here. I held my ground and I was right: The crux of my argument being that not so good players can become elite. look at what fnxx has done. They were largely unknown players. I used to player the game with a completely different mindset but now I've beat many, many established players in 5v5s or even 4v5 of them. Most people just get pushed out or can't handle the heat in this cesspool. They migrateaway from it. Why would I stop holding my ground now?

Message 42 of 64 (285 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/13/2010
Online
4079 posts
 

Re: Fix your broken game!

Feb 25, 2013
@neverbelow I'm not trying to insult you or patronize you or stroke your ego or **bleep** you off. I just respect you and tap and realize this argument is just a dead end street.

I wish ND was paying attention to you guys. Maybe they could understand the passion for this awesome game. Maybe some of you and tap and other's points could be ideas for real solutions to the problems we all (except MEX and South) see everyday. But sadly, they aren't watching or they just don't give a $h.t
Message 43 of 64 (272 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/03/2010
Offline
6514 posts
 

Re: Fix your broken game!

Feb 25, 2013

xxBLiTZKREIGxx wrote:
@neverbelow I'm not trying to insult you or patronize you or stroke your ego or **bleep** you off. I just respect you and tap and realize this argument is just a dead end street.

I wish ND was paying attention to you guys. Maybe they could understand the passion for this awesome game. Maybe some of you and tap and other's points could be ideas for real solutions to the problems we all (except MEX and South) see everyday. But sadly, they aren't watching or they just don't give a $h.t

Well I can agree with that. Except the idea suggested of removing lag compensation. The world's networks and connections aren't ready  yet.

Message 44 of 64 (267 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/28/2009
Offline
13011 posts
 

Re: Fix your broken game!

Feb 25, 2013

neverbelow wrote:

xxBLiTZKREIGxx wrote:
@neverbelow I'm not trying to insult you or patronize you or stroke your ego or **bleep** you off. I just respect you and tap and realize this argument is just a dead end street.

I wish ND was paying attention to you guys. Maybe they could understand the passion for this awesome game. Maybe some of you and tap and other's points could be ideas for real solutions to the problems we all (except MEX and South) see everyday. But sadly, they aren't watching or they just don't give a $h.t

Well I can agree with that. Except the idea suggested of removing lag compensation. The world's networks and connections aren't ready  yet.


I've never asked ND to remove lag compensation, blindfire or Powerplays. I'm only asking for some "tweaks", if you get my drift.

So, stop trying to twist my words.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 45 of 64 (263 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/03/2010
Offline
6514 posts
 

Re: Fix your broken game!

[ Edited ]
Feb 25, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

neverbelow wrote:

xxBLiTZKREIGxx wrote:
@neverbelow I'm not trying to insult you or patronize you or stroke your ego or **bleep** you off. I just respect you and tap and realize this argument is just a dead end street.

I wish ND was paying attention to you guys. Maybe they could understand the passion for this awesome game. Maybe some of you and tap and other's points could be ideas for real solutions to the problems we all (except MEX and South) see everyday. But sadly, they aren't watching or they just don't give a $h.t

Well I can agree with that. Except the idea suggested of removing lag compensation. The world's networks and connections aren't ready  yet.


I've never asked ND to remove lag compensation, blindfire or Powerplays. I'm only asking for some "tweaks", if you get my drift.

So, stop trying to twist my words.


Twist? No, I don't do that. That wouldn't serve a sound argument. That is what I got from your posts. Tweaks, I'm fine with tweaks. Didn't sound to me that was the crux of your argument. Certainly not others' arguments in the thread, that's for sure. It depends on the tweaks but I'd accept some tweaks.

Message 46 of 64 (261 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/13/2010
Online
4079 posts
 

Re: Fix your broken game!

Feb 25, 2013
No one who understands anything about internet real-time gaming wants lag compensation to go away. I know tap wasn't asking for that. Just an adjustment. It's clearly slanted towards lesser-than connections.
Message 47 of 64 (239 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 01/08/2012
Offline
573 posts
 

Re: Fix your broken game!

[ Edited ]
Feb 25, 2013

Lets make a montage of all the bs in Uncharted 3! >: D

YouTube: AlexDarkshield and Hardies331
Hardiess331 channel uploads new video daily!
Message 48 of 64 (238 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/13/2010
Online
4079 posts
 

Re: Fix your broken game!

Feb 25, 2013
@Alex... go to my YouTube channel: http://youtube.com/0oblitzoo

There's your montage Smiley Happy
Message 49 of 64 (234 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/28/2009
Offline
13011 posts
 

Re: Fix your broken game!

Feb 25, 2013

xxBLiTZKREIGxx wrote:
No one who understands anything about internet real-time gaming wants lag compensation to go away. I know tap wasn't asking for that. Just an adjustment. It's clearly slanted towards lesser-than connections.

Exactly.

Here's why lag compensation is overpowered:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fvd5rKAkCQ0

It definitely needs to be tweaked. Everyone who says otherwise is only fooling himself.

 

Just to make it clear: I'm not mad because I got an undeserved death in Plunder. I don't care about stats that much (hell, KDR doesn't even count in objective modes), but either way, we won the match. So, there are no selfish motives.

I just don't like the fact that this game tends to favor people with less than ideal connections, as you can see in the video. It doesn't make any sense, right?

Sure, it was a splitscreen punching noob, but next time it will be a laggy tryhard shooting bullets after he's dead or shooting bullets behind cover/walls. This is unacceptable.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 50 of 64 (219 Views)