Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

Re: Fix your broken game!

Feb 24, 2013
And wait, I thought, according to your theories, that I'm supposed to have a lag free online experience because I have a slow connection. Doesn't this go against one or the other? Either your right that this is lag or your right that my slow connection guarantees me a lag free experience. Not both.

I can tell you right now that I see lag every single match just like any other person. But also, lag doesn't explain the invincibility glitch. It doesn't explain why I got the stomp animation and his t-bolt dropped. He had to pick it up so it registered on his side, too.
Message 21 of 64 (297 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 24, 2013

neverbelow wrote:
And wait, I thought, according to your theories, that I'm supposed to have a lag free online experience because I have a slow connection. Doesn't this go against one or the other? Either your right that this is lag or your right that my slow connection guarantees me a lag free experience. Not both.

I can tell you right now that I see lag every single match just like any other person. But also, lag doesn't explain the invincibility glitch. It doesn't explain why I got the stomp animation and his t-bolt dropped. He had to pick it up so it registered on his side, too.

I don't monitor your connection/router, so I don't know how consistent it may be when it comes to ping, jitter and packet loss. That's your responsibility and maybe your ISP's, not mine.

Theories and nice and all, but I also have played LAN matches and let me tell you that this game is wonderful when there's no lag. I don't even care about stuff like blindfire or weapon balance in that case, because everything seems so fluid and there's no lag-induced BS.

What about you? Do you have any experience in LAN matches?

ps: Lag compensation and host advantage don't matter in LAN games. Why? Because everyone has the exact same connection (<1ms ping, zero jitter, zero packet loss, 100-1000 Mbps speed), so there's nothing to compensate for.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 22 of 64 (288 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

Feb 25, 2013
My connection is very consistent. That's the reason I won't switch to comcast's crappy xfinity. It may be slow but it's solid. I have a brand new and highly reviewed router with a direct line in from my ps3.

No I haven't played Lan matches. Playing a few matches does not equal thorough testing. I could play several online matches and not see a problem like this. Doesn't mean the problem doesn't exist.
Message 23 of 64 (277 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

Feb 25, 2013
Oh and it doesn't regularly go down... Like Comcast. It doesn't regularly slow to a crawl... Like Comcast. It doesn't randomly stop working for 10 minutes... Like Comcast.
Message 24 of 64 (273 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 25, 2013

If you prefer a "consistent" 256-512 Kbps ADSL connection instead of an "inconsistent" 20-50 Mbps Cable connection, then I don't know what else to say... the numbers speak for themselves.

Many people on this forum have Comcast connections, so I don't know why do you have such a beef with Comcast.

When you play LAN matches and see what I'm talking about, then we can discuss about it.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 25 of 64 (271 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
6720 posts

Feb 25, 2013

Ooh, is the argument continueing on another thread?

Feet
Message 26 of 64 (266 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Feb 25, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

I guess you've never read his rude posts in the Co-op tournament thread? This is not the first time... he has confessed the fact that he has ego issues.

Message 27 of 64 (262 Views)
Highlighted
Naughty Paw
19768 posts

Feb 25, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

Even better; it's going on in two different threads at the same time.

Message 28 of 64 (257 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
6720 posts

Feb 25, 2013

Well I'm just pointing out the fact that you are arguing on different threads of essentially the same exact thing...

Feet
Message 29 of 64 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

Feb 25, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

Why yes it is!

Message 30 of 64 (243 Views)
0 Likes