Sep 14 2012
By: Au10tic Lombax Warrior 240 posts

Fix the stealth kill animation

15 replies 431 views Edited Sep 14, 2012

@ ND when performing a stealth kill it changes your view angle throwing you off. This also happens when hitting someone with the idol, please fix the animation to stay the way it was before.

Also, is there a way for you guys to add more load outs into the game.

I dont always play, but when I do. I play for hours.

Message 1 of 16 (431 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6824 posts

Re: Fix the stealth kill animation

[ Edited ]
Sep 14, 2012

I agree with this completely. Best case scenario they make it a toggle and it applies to high fives as well because I see how some people may like it, but it throws off your camera so when you go to move around your suddenly running the wrong way. In a game like Uncharted where you're constantly running into people and practically spawning on top of each other (in some cases you actually are) this littel cinematic camera switch ends up doing more damage then it's worth.

It also needs to be removed for stealth kills especially because it completely screws up grenade throwbacks when you stealth kill someone with Revenge. One second you're waiting for the white bar and the next moment it's on a different part of your screen and the time it takes for your eyes to find it is enough for it to be too late and you get killed.

Sometimes it's even switched angles and actually concealed the throwback timer by hiding it at the bottom of my screen where you can't even see the whole timer making throwback completely luck based.

This isn't just a visual preference, but a real issue as I described above. A toggle would be nice but if not then please just remove it.

**bleep**?!!! These stupid forums keep censoring this entire part of my paragraph (obviously without random dashes put in to hopefully stop it) :

"**bleep**"

Another Edit: apparently adding random dashes made no difference and it still censors the same multiple lines of text Smiley Sad

Edited Edit: I'm slowly figuring out what this forum is being stupid for... I think.

Final Edit: Still no idea what the ****ing problem is but I dare anyone curious enough to care to copy and paste my second and third paragraphs together and post them as one paragraph to see for yourself. Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 16 (426 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6824 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 14, 2012

See above post -_-

Message 3 of 16 (417 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
240 posts

Sep 14, 2012

xSKIN_N_BONESx i completely agree, not only do we have to deal with the revenge grenades when doing a stealth kill, now we have to deal with this big issue with the camera view changing, so this needs to be fixed on the next patch. Hopefully ND reads this and puts their QA team test this out so they can see themselves.

Message 4 of 16 (294 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2794 posts

Sep 14, 2012

@ xSKIN_N_BONESx

There is a bug going around the forums with that bloody bleep.

@ OP, I agree especially when playing Co-op also, there is this annoying thing in co-op where if you drop kick an NPC in crushing or even hard, the animation doesn't finish quick enough and you're likely to die from the revenge grenades the NPC's drop. Get rid of the drop kick animation or speed it up please!

Message 5 of 16 (281 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Sep 15, 2012
The bleep's been screwing with my posts. Anyway.

Totally prefer a toggle. I mean, it was cool to have that cinematic at the first few times, but it has to stop.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 6 of 16 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
240 posts

Sep 16, 2012

bump

Message 7 of 16 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Sep 16, 2012
What I really want fixed is the revenge grenade falling. If you stealth kil, it should drop/fly up after the animation. I hate being punished for stealth. Also, make the stealth moves shorter is competive. They look cool, but you're so vulnerable. Save the longer conematics for co op and campaign.

Message 8 of 16 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6824 posts

Sep 16, 2012

jjjkur wrote:
What I really want fixed is the revenge grenade falling. If you stealth kil, it should drop/fly up after the animation. I hate being punished for stealth. Also, make the stealth moves shorter is competive. They look cool, but you're so vulnerable. Save the longer conematics for co op and campaign.

This game favors "cinematic value" way more than balance.

A stealth kill makes you vulnerable for the longest time of any melee animation. Meanwhile the regular melees that instantly take out half health from any direction either end up with the person immediately going into a roll and not being vulnerable for even a moment or doing a cinematic melee finisher that still takes less time than a stealth kill.

Message 9 of 16 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
314 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 29, 2012

It also needs to be removed for stealth kills especially because it completely screws up grenade throwbacks when you stealth kill someone with Revenge. One second you're waiting for the white bar and the next moment it's on a different part of your screen and the time it takes for your eyes to find it is enough for it to be too late and you get killed. Sometimes it's even switched angles and actually concealed the throwback timer by hiding it at the bottom of my screen where you can't even see the whole timer making throwback completely luck based.

-I definetly did not steal this-

My Youtube Channel
Mods please move the multiplayer meme thread back to the Multiplayer General it gets no attention anymore and its just sad. Why kill such a great thread? Move it back I Say!!!
Message 10 of 16 (130 Views)
0 Likes