Nov 18 2012
By: scott7000 Hekseville Citizen 361 posts

Fix plunder spawns already

[ Edited ]
150 replies 963 views Edited Nov 18, 2012

I realize this plea will probably fall on deaf ears but here goes. The plunder spawns have to be fixed no team should be given an advantage in some cases a huge one because of favorable spawns I'm talking about the random spawns not buddy spawns.

the people I play plunder with are easily the best current plunder clan we have great communication teamwork we know the spawns we know how to sit on the spawns to make the other team spawn furthest from the action we know the best spots to provide cover for our treasure carriers etc basically we know how to win. 

of course we have lost before everyone does but I've never once after a loss said man that team was just better than my team. We have beaten and dominate basically every plunder party there is when we have our main guys playing. Even the great deathmatch teams and clans that have came over to plunder we beat them. 

it's one thing to lose legitly I can handle that it's another to lose because the game screws you over with horrible spawns.

Example 1 a few days ago we play a party on airstrip a party and group of players we have beaten many times before easily at least when we have our main guys.

they all have back in the saddle on cool so do we there villains they get the treasure to there base we kill them they constantly respawn next to the truck by there base and by the out house by there base they don't even have to take two steps and there shooting at us again within seconds of us killing them couple that with buddy spawns and it's near impossible to clear the area and move the idol. Meanwhile while they spawn right next to there base where the idol is we spawn all the way at our base across the map that puts us at a huge disadvantage and we lose pretty easily to be honest

that was the first time we had seen or had an issue with spawns on that map at that specific base so we had no clue what was going on or why they were on top of us so fast immediately after we killed them. 

example 2 we had some great plunder matches today against one of the better plunder clans out there we win all pretty easily then we go against a party of 5 FnxX players 5 of there best OK it's time for an epic match on museum we win 5-3 then we go against a party of average to good players on Yemen we have beaten them many times before and what happens same thing as airport they got the treasure close to there base and they would constantly spawn there at there base where the idol was in some cases right behind our players. Where do we spawn you guessed it all the way back in our base and we lose. Really we just beat fnxx then we lose to a team of average players because the spawns favor one team.

it's unfair when it happens to us and it's unfair when it happens to teams we play players should never under any circumstance spawn randomly in there base or in the other teams base if the treasure is there. It puts one of the teams at a huge disadvantage

Message 1 of 151 (963 Views)
Survivor
2224 posts

Re: Fix plunder spawns already

[ Edited ]
Nov 18, 2012

Yes Plunder spawns for some maps are horrible however don't get your hopes up for Naughty Dog to fix them, the last match I played on this game was Plunder and despite the matchmaking system my team got stuck with all the low players (not to mention I was playing splitscreen with a friend who only plays occassionally) and I am pretty sure they kept spawning near our chest.

It was even laggy, but the point is they won't fix the Plunder spawns. Just like they haven't really cared much for any technical fixes lately. I love this game mode, but don't expect anything to be done about it. It sucks (especially Cave.)

Message 2 of 151 (949 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Nov 18, 2012

Agreed. For some strange reason ND wants to shove welfare policies (i.e. TDM Powerplays, Plunder spawns) down our throats.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 3 of 151 (919 Views)
Limit Breaker
17603 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 18, 2012

Normally I'd agree with you, Scott, but while I find many spawn policies in Plunder atrocious, I like the idea of unablanced, asymmetrical maps, and always have.  Molten Ruins, yesterday, was a good example.   We are heroes, and while we're trying to score the idol the Villains are spawning in the back area where our chest is whenever we aren't actually back there.  Or, they're spawning at the sides and coming in through the doorways.   Meanwhile, we're all spawning at the Villain base.

But the odds are that next time, I'll be a Villain, and I'll have favourable spawns.

And, remember, the game is intended to be a little like a sport.  In sports, the best team on paper doesn't always win.   There are variables, however likely it is that the preferred team will win.   It's particularly frustrating to lose to a factor not seemingly under your control, but ever since the Chateau appeared in beta and people spawned looking at and firing on the enemy score area, we have known this about UC3.

That said, the main issue is that these are never, ever going to be fixed.   One of the last official statements from ND after UC2.1.09 was that they were 'looking into" Plunxder spawns, and looking into spawning in general.   Remember, Triple had posted those awesome slo-mo spawn videos.

Never happened.  I don't expect a single piece of new code for Plunder/TO.   I do not even believe we will see technical fixes.  And that's a shame.

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 4 of 151 (884 Views)
Sackboy
577 posts

Nov 18, 2012

Well for starters, the team that is "easily the best Plunder clan" should not be losing pubs at all. And if you really believe that, you should try going up against some of the best teams in customs, on balanced maps, with a balanced ruleset.

Airstrip Plunder does not have broken spawns. It's probably one of the most balanced asymetrical maps. When the idol is in Villains base, one team will spawn at the truck by turret, while the other team will spawn at the crate on the opposite side of the treasure chest (As long as no one from the enemy team is there). And when the idol is on Heroes side, Heroes will spawn in the hangar, while Villains spawn construction site. To change the spawns, you have to get a guy from your team to occupy that area, and force the enemy to spawn somewhere else.

Message 5 of 151 (845 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
361 posts

Nov 18, 2012

yeah i don't like plunder on london streets or cave. in london streets you have to be on the spawns immediatly after a score other wise the other team has an easy run back to there base. and it's to close quarters i like plunder on more open maps like train wreck and plaza. it's easier to implement better strategies on those maps than in a close quarter map like streets or cave.

plunder on the cave is all messed up lol both teams spawn in the other teams base i tend to like the base going downhill at least you can climb over the walls to get the other team.

Message 6 of 151 (839 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
361 posts

Nov 18, 2012

AbNoRmaL__aGenT wrote:

Well for starters, the team that is "easily the best Plunder clan" should not be losing pubs at all. And if you really believe that, you should try going up against some of the best teams in customs, on balanced maps, with a balanced ruleset.

Airstrip Plunder does not have broken spawns. It's probably one of the most balanced asymetrical maps. When the idol is in Villains base, one team will spawn at the truck by turret, while the other team will spawn at the crate on the opposite side of the treasure chest (As long as no one from the enemy team is there). And when the idol is on Heroes side, Heroes will spawn in the hangar, while Villains spawn construction site. To change the spawns, you have to get a guy from your team to occupy that area, and force the enemy to spawn somewhere else.

Why does someone always have to chime in with a smart comment on these forums? I simply was making a statement that spawns are broken in some plunder maps and give a certain team an advantage. I definitely don't need to be taught plunder spawns by you or anything else for that matter there was no need for the comment you made in your opening statement. 

Hey your right bro we should all have zero losses never occasionally get out played never have a bad game never have certain things not go your way. Nah spawns aren't broken in airstrip when the other team is heroes and they spawn in the hanger and in that little corner right by there box that's not broken yeah you can occupy those spots but like I said never under  any circumstance should you spawn in the same base or two steps away from it after you die as where the treasure is.

I'm wasting my time with you anyways I don't argue or have drama with people that think they know it all and feel like they have to make a smart comment when they weren't provoked in any manner whatsoever

Message 7 of 151 (817 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2477 posts

Nov 18, 2012

Well Scott, I def agree some spawns are broken and god awful. Cave. Enough said.

But, if I had it my way, fixing spawns would be at the bottom of my "Fix Plunder" wish list.

Id rather the value of Plunder medals be completely overhauled, so that you actually get rewarded for scorin the Idol.

As it stands, you can make a whole lot of money by being a useless kill farmer. Not cool.

I made a thread on this, Scootgar and Wais did as well, not sure if you saw.

But yes, some spawns suck, and they will (probably) never get fixed Smiley Sad

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 8 of 151 (786 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
6878 posts

Nov 18, 2012

It' sucks that even the symmetrical maps have awful spawns. You would think that at least those will have even spawns.

Not to mention the chest placement is unfair too, like in molten ruins:lets give the heroes a well surrounded area that cant be seen from anywhere else, while we put the villians chest over a hole that can be sniped from anywhere on the map.

While there are a very few amount of maps that have great spawns, i personally always see at least 1 spawn to favour one side. Coupled with the fact that some chests are easier to get to than others, LU comes to mind for that...

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 9 of 151 (769 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
577 posts

Nov 18, 2012
I guess I just found it funny that a player that hasn't even played the best teams can say his team is the best. That's like how the remaining uc2 tryhards claim to be the best, when they only dominate because the competition is gone. Perhaps you can prove you're the best Plunder clan if you actually played the best teams, but you guys just pub stomp.

The spawns aren't broken because they can be controlled, by getting a guy on your team to go to their spawn and force them to spawn elsewhere.
Message 10 of 151 (755 Views)