Hekseville Citizen
361 posts

Re: Fix plunder spawns already

Nov 19, 2012

I always prided myself on not being like some other players no trash talking or insulting other players or posting youtube videos basically not being a jerk and being a cool guy. I get trash talked during games receive insulting messages and never understood why since I never say anything to anyone besides usually good game.

I make one post asking to have a few issues fixed in the game and I get attacked here as well by a group of immature people that got there feelings hurt because of a statement I made a statement that was my opinion nobody should ever be attacked for giving there opinion everyone has a right to there's weather it's right or wrong in someone else's eyes.

I want to apologize to some of my friends that ended up in heated exchanges with other members and to everyone else that got in to any negative exchanges with other members. As I've said before my intention was never to cause any problems just to have an issue looked at in the game that I felt could make plunder better.

I never get involved in drama and conflicts in games it's stupid and I want no part of it I play to have fun and that's it. I would of liked to been a part of these forums more often but seeing all the negative remarks and childish antics has kept me away and just reading and not posting. I make one post and I get blasted like so many others by an ignorant minority.

To anyone that has insulted me with memes or words I'm the last person you want to try to insult it goes over my head I don't get involved in childish tough guy over the internet games and I could care less. I have no plans in visiting these forums in the future I'm just going to go back to enjoying the game with my friends with everyone muted on the other team and messages blocked.

So while I'm enjoying the game you minority who attacked me can go back to spazzing out anytime someone says something you don't like or posting immature memes or comments.

Message 121 of 151 (380 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7531 posts

Nov 19, 2012

It doesn't matter where you spawn......you can spawn under the ice for all it matters. WHAT MATTERS IS WHERE THE IDOL SPAWNS not where you spawn in Plunder it's all about the idol not where you are spawning from......like villians on Facility have the advantage you see??? because they can easily pick off the heroes either through the door downstairs or upstairs and the idol will mostly always start in the bottom part of the ship so fix the idol spawns not the actual player spawns

Sleep Matt signature
Message 122 of 151 (368 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
577 posts

Nov 19, 2012
Gunns, saying "Get laid, kids" makes your arguement on others' egos invalid. You can call others out for being "offended" by scott saying his team was the best, then you can act superior based on an assumption that others have never had sex.

Scott, you pride yourself on not trashtalking, but you made an assumption that I was banned from FN for trashtalking. From all of the times we've played and I've said good games, and you can call me a trashtalker based on what others might claim. You let some assumptions change your mind over your own experiences. Real cool.
Message 123 of 151 (332 Views)
Limit Breaker
17622 posts

Nov 19, 2012
The drama in here is like a MLP episode.

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 124 of 151 (326 Views)
Wastelander
689 posts

Nov 19, 2012

scott7000 wrote:

the people I play plunder with are easily the best current plunder clan we have great communication teamwork we know the spawns we know how to sit on the spawns to make the other team spawn furthest from the action we know the best spots to provide cover for our treasure carriers etc basically we know how to win. 

Holy Shizzle

Message 125 of 151 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
361 posts

Nov 19, 2012

i'm done enjoy

Message 126 of 151 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
2019 posts

Nov 19, 2012

pdiss88 wrote:

tapantaola wrote:
It goes both ways. Many FN players look down on pub players. Who invented the "pubstar" term in the first place? Mainstay forumers?

This is not an explanation as much as it is an admission that the mainstay forumers stereotyped the FN players from the very beginning... "well, many FN players look down on pub players to begin with, so it's okay if we do it pre-emptively to these guys." FN is not some exclusive group, literally anyone can sign up and start playing. I know this from personal experience as I enjoy both FN matches and pubs, so I kind of scratch my head when I see pub players acting like FN is some exclusive club of snobs with their noses held to the sky. There are certainly some of those (perhaps even in this thread), but not enough to sustain such a ridiculous stereotype.

And "pubstar" is not an insult, there are plenty of people that self-proclaim themselves with that title and use it proudly. There was recently a "Pro players vs. pubstars" scrim between Call of Duty players on Youtube and the "pubstars" did more than hold their own, even winning a few of the matches. It's simply a description of the player's activity (stomping pubs).

whole heartedly agree. 

Ab has anger problems. Raid is the definition of a troll and Josh, well he doesn't really need an explanation. Therefore that's the majority of FN players, right? 

Actually, a vast majority of teams/players are quality folks who do no come here because of the overwhelming stereotype cast upon them. There are a handful of folks who act like total **bleep** to players they believe are "not on their level" but that's like 12-20 folks out of the 2000 players who have been playing UC3 on FN. I value those guys. Much more than I do the majority of this place because at least there I trust them. Some of them not very much but a good amount I can trust to keep this game trucking along far beyond the average player. I don't think people realize how well they took something from nothing and created a massive traffic spike for UC3. 

While I dislike the stereotype which is levied heavier on competitive players than casual folks, I can't argue against the feelings when people come into threads and just "start **bleep**". However, that's a small portion as a majority of them won't come back due to previous comments and statements by people on these forums.I hope people can just appreciate what the entire group did for the game rather than focusing on a few individuals attitudes. 

In the end, I created a place for them to enjoy the game they love so much. They took a game that should have failed months ago, built a foundation for the future and created a huge traffic boom for the community. If you don't like it, that's perfectly fine but don't label all of those who try so hard to achieve something because a few ruin the fun. That goes both ways and we should all practice it. 

Twitter: @TryceUp

USN 04-08
Message 127 of 151 (389 Views)
Naughty Paw
2019 posts

Nov 19, 2012

tapantaola wrote:

FN players are welcome here. I think Squid is the only regular poster here who is also a FN member. I haven't seen anyone attacking him. Have you wondered why?

And please don't generalize pub players/forumers that they are Customization and "nerf this, nerf that" junkies. If you search my posts, you will see how many times I have criticized this silly mentality. Yes, some people are like that, but not everyone.

Check Southpaw's thread to see what I mean: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/Uncharted-3-1-15-Uncharted-2-1-...

Over and out.

They haven't recently but when I first started, I wasn't the "favorite" of many. 

Twitter: @TryceUp

USN 04-08
Message 128 of 151 (387 Views)
Sackboy
577 posts

Nov 19, 2012
For the record, I didn't come here to start problems. I actually contributed to the thread. Scott also included that his team was the best, so it wasn't off topic.

What squid said was pretty much true. I rage in game. However, I by no means am a sore loser and I don't talk trash in game (unless provoked).
Message 129 of 151 (357 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Limit Breaker
17622 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 19, 2012

The FN community had saved a game that should have died months ago? That is one ballsy statement. Can you quantify that?   Not trying to be difficult, I'm genuinely interested in the veracity of this.

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 130 of 151 (346 Views)