Jun 12 2012
By: Slaynman Wastelander 811 posts
Accepted Solution

Finally! Scoped-in (How to obtain long ranger) *Version 2.0*

[ Edited ]
323 replies 7983 views Edited Feb 17, 2013

Yo! What are you doing here? Ever since Long Ranger got reduced to 50m, this guide is now horribly outdated. Read at your own pleasure.

As most people know getting long ranger is near impossible (some people thought it was glitched). Well it turns out that it isn't, and here is a helpful little guide on how to obtain this hard medal. This shall go over every spot I have found as well as a few other scoped-in related things.

Locations (text form)

The guide started off with just the text, so even though the videos are linked to this guide now I'll keep the text here. A couple videos might not showcase EVERY spot to get long ranger on, but the text below here should (or at least 99% of them).

Yemen

70m - tower to tower works, but at least one of the people have to be in the back part of the tower

Syria

70m - From behind the villain's chest in plunder (that little area with the small window in it, to the wall parallel on the other end. Kinda viable if you don't stand right next to the window

Airstrip

70m - Really if you can get someone from one end length wise it should count. Best spot is from the one turret to the hangar (Only viable if people decide to hide there during marked man) or vice versa if someone is camping at the turret.

City of Brass

70m - I'm gonna be honest, it's extremely hard to describe these, so you're just going to have to watch the video on where the spots are.

50m -

Chateau

70m - You can't get it at this range.

Highrise

70m - The blue things above the hero spawn to a specific spot on the roof by the t-bolt spawn (will also work if you kill a person a floor below the t-bolt spawn).

Molten Ruins

70m - House where heroes spawn to area villains spawn (best shot is to be in that little area under the villain chest is). Best in plunder since they will try to get the idol in.

Facility

70m - Old m4 spawn by the hero spawn to the front end of the ship *Hardest one to get*

Desert Village

London underground

70m - from behind the broken wall by the turret to the other end (below the Mag 5 spawn)

Museum

70m - from the roof above the bridge to the sniper tower  and the metal balcony  thing ( close to the roof with the 4 air conditioner things on it) to the back of the top floor in the museum *This is by far the easiest one*

Sanctuary

70m - From the top of the blue/red base to the high doorway of the opposite base (the one that connects to the bridge). This works too if the other player is at the very top of the opposite base too.

Ice Cave

70m - The dark area in the back to the other end of the map. So impractical that it isn't worth bothering. The enemy has to be at least behind the pit in front of the big cliff.

Fort

70m - From the opposite ends of the map at the top area,but like the yemen towers, at least one person has to be at the back (which will most likely be you since you're the one trying to get the medal).

From opposite ends of the basement works too (Unfortunately I did not get a clip for this spot in the videos. Sorry about that).

Lost City

70m - From T-bolt spawn to T-bolt spawn on the bottom area of Lost City.

Plaza

70m - From opposite ends of the street (the street with the blue care in the middle of it), from the blue main building to the red side balcony, and from opposite ends of the map from the end opposite of the street.

Temple

70m -  You can't get it at this range

Village

Train Wreck

70m - From opposite ends of the map whether it's the tanker to the train car behind the tank or the back area where the MAG-5 spawns, and from the RPG spawn to the MAG-5 spawn.

Graveyard

70m - From turret to turret, or from opposite sides of the map (one person would have to be in the water, not you since you're the one sniping).

Old Quarter

70m - You can't get it at this range

Oasis

70m - From opposite ends of the map (high to low, or low to high, doesn't matter) or from the back of the high cliff, to a tree past the tunnel above the riot shield spawn (little confusing, but watch the video if you don't know what I'm talking about).

London Streets

70m - From the warehouse to the pub ( both people right next to the windows won't work) or from opposite ends of the alley (will only work after the armored car mows down the barricades)

Having trouble finding these spots( Video Locations)

Then check out my youtube channel, which has a video for each spot to get long ranger at (on every map it is possible to get on). The medal doesn't actually show up on these videos (cause Uc3 cinema is stupid) but bear with me, I'm not lying about these spots.

Link to playlist here - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL917750CDDF6D6216&feature=mh_lolz

70m to 50m difference (video demonstration)

Wondering how easy it is to get long ranger now? Well here is a little video on what patch 1.11 did to what used to be the hardest medal in the game (next to rampant).

*Video coming soon*

Frequently Asked Questions

I have gotten many questions over time, and still get people asking, or posting stupid things every once in awhile. For me, please just read this if you have a question involving scoped-in before bothering me.

Q: do I have to do it with a sniper?

A: No you do not, it is just much easier with a sniper since it is the long range weapon of this game

Q: Why doesn't the medal show up in your videos? Are you sure those spots work?

A: I am 100% positive the spots in these videos work, but the medal did not show up on any of the videos for some odd reason.

Q: Does Scoped-in work only if I'm scoped in?

A: No, any pain wobble at all, whether your aiming, using scope zoom, or using an actual scope, this booster will work.

Q: So Scoped-in reduces the recoil of my gun right?

A: No it does not. It makes it so that when you are getting shot at, the wobble of your gun from taking damage gets decreased (with level 3 being no wobble at all)

Q: Is there any way I can level this up without camping?

A: Unfortunately no, you're just going to have to deal with staying in one spot and being ridiculed for a bit while leveling up this booster.

Q: Are there any other spots to get this medal that aren't in your videos?

A: Aside from one in fort I missed (from opposite ends of the basement) there shouldn't be. I tend to show off a spot, but the videos are more meant to show you how far you have to be to get the medal (so you can make up your own random spot if it's more comfortable for you, but you will most likely be still near the spot in my videos).

Q: So what's the best loadout to get scoped-in?

A: Sniper, having scoped-in on would be a plus, and the t-bolt kickback. Everything else is up to you and what you like using.

Q: I have no idea which game mode I should play, any tips?

A: TDM and plunder are the best ones in my opinion. TDM people somtimes camp in the areas you can get long ranger (like museum), and plunder lasts a long time plus friends can help by putting the idol in long ranger spots.

Q: Hail mary is only 50m and I get it all the time, why is this so hard?

A: The sniper shot moves in one straight path, meaning you have to be exactly as far away as you need to be for the requirement. Hail mary on the other hand is you lobbing a grenade while moving, so all the time it takes for it to go up in the air, then back down, plus you most likely moving away from where you first threw it, can add up to you getting hail marys from pretty short distances.

Q: How many long rangers does it take to get to gold?

A: It takes 8 from bronze to silver, and 24 from silver to gold so that is 32 in total.

Q: So with long ranger now being 50m, I can get it with hail marys right?

A: Technically ya, but not at exactly 50m due to the two being counted differently. It is now possible to do so, just don't expect it every time.

Scoped-In Gold Achievers

I made this to help people, and what do you know, it did. Here is a list of people who have gotten this awesome booster thanks to this guide (Or got it themselves).

Aimanem

runner21

AbNoRmaL__aGenT

Digital-Big-Boss

munnsy1

Patoman4

Joshuaalt

AceKlaw

far-zan

SouthpawLP

JPP2070

EMPEROR987

fistsofl3d1279

DevilDestiny

SjShane

hateurulesall

xXGoldenArthurXx

danpells

SAArdent

Richard_X

darthgeek8

trianglursquared

gerryjong

Ketsueki_Wolf

jozza177

livinglegend88

Whether it's 5 hours or 5 months from now, get scoped-in gold and get put on the cool people list. (that includes people after 1.11)

I am not bragging (kinda lol), and I barely use the sniper anymore, but if you want to get long ranger this is the best way how.

Thanks for reading.

842 posts

Thanks that's really helpful. I had one Long Ranger medal...

Nov 26, 2011

Thanks that's really helpful. I had one Long Ranger medal so I knew it was possible, but I had no clue how to get more.

They seriously need to fix this medal. The distance required is far greater than 70 meters. It's quite rediculous. 

Even if it really was 70 meters, it's far too great of a distance for how small the maps are.

Message 1 of 324 (7,983 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
449 posts

The big update coming soon... I hope they will patch this...

Nov 26, 2011

The big update coming soon... I hope they will patch this.

Golden scoped in and sniper rifle sounds like a win.

Message 2 of 324 (7,983 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
811 posts

ya they should patch it. A simple 5 less meters would mak...

Nov 26, 2011

ya they should patch it. A simple 5 less meters would make it so much easier to get.

0 Likes
Sackboy
579 posts

It should be 40meters. Or Get 2 kills with a sniper riffl...

Nov 26, 2011

Slaynman wrote:

ya they should patch it. A simple 5 less meters would make it so much easier to get.

It should be 40meters. Or Get 2 kills with a sniper riffle OR 3

-
My FB for UC3 Treasure sharing;
http://www.facebook.com/TreasureShareFarming
Also if you want to farm treasures (Adventure) add that facebook account.
Message 4 of 324 (7,982 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
359 posts

65m doesn't seem like a big difference, and 40m is a joke...

Nov 26, 2011

prokiller321 wrote:

Slaynman wrote:

It should be 40meters. Or Get 2 kills with a sniper riffle OR 3

65m doesn't seem like a big difference, and 40m is a joke (Hail Mary is 50m+).   I like the idea of only being able to get the medal with a sniper rifle, though, perhaps if they brought back the "Bolted!" medal from the June Beta (IIRC get 5 kills with a T-Bolt), that could also be an option.  60 seems like a fair change IMO, it's still difficult but a bit more reasonable from 70.  

To be honest I wouldn't care if they reduce the money you earn from this medal if they reduced the range, as it stands it is probably the most difficult booster to get to level 3, whereas equally as useful (if not more useful) boosters like Fleet Foot are ridiculously easy to level up. :smileysad:

sigbar

Message 5 of 324 (7,982 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2004 posts

They seriously need to change this booster so that it is...

Nov 26, 2011

They seriously need to change this booster so that it is not effin impossible to get.

Message 6 of 324 (7,982 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1436 posts

Everyone thinks scoped in reduces the recoil when firing...

Nov 26, 2011
Everyone thinks scoped in reduces the recoil when firing a scoped weapon. It doesn't. As a sniper your better off with the cloaked booster.

Message 7 of 324 (7,982 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20402 posts

Very hard, but not impossible. Yemen and Museum are the b...

Nov 26, 2011
Very hard, but not impossible.

Yemen and Museum are the best levels to get it, with Museum being the best. Use the Sniper kickback to help.
Message 8 of 324 (7,982 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
811 posts

No scoped-in  does not reduce recoil, it reducees the wob...

Nov 28, 2011

No scoped-in  does not reduce recoil, it reducees the wobble of your gun when you get shot at. With it being gold it would easily be a better booster to use then cloaked. Easier said then done though right? XD

0 Likes