Nov 09 2011
By: FlummN First Son 2 posts

Failed syncing levels

60 replies 17727 views Edited Nov 9, 2011

I cant play co-op nor multiplayer online as the "loading" bar gets stuck on same place "Syncing Level Data..." which give me a network error saying "failed syncing levels" I taught the update might have fixed this problem but it did not. 

Besides this the disk does not always read properly leaving out textures from time to time. Im running the special edition of the game on a ps3 160gb slim which is up-to-date.

Message 1 of 61 (17,727 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Failed connecting to multiplayer

Nov 9, 2011

I am having a similar problem except that it happens after I have synced my levels. The connecting loading bar fills up and then my PS3 freezes, preventing me from getting online. It worked fine until I downloaded and installed my online pass. I tried re-installing the online pass but that didn't work. I have tried getting online at least 3 times a day for the past few days.

Message 2 of 61 (17,727 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Re: Failed connecting to multiplayer

Dec 30, 2011

I have both of these problems 90% of the time.  However, for some unexplained reason, it does work for the other 10%.

Not a good track record, for sure - especially since these EXACT problems also occur in Uncharted 2.  To be honest, though, the list of hold-over problems from UC2 is pretty long.  For example:

- Instant-exploding grenades (without the booster in UC3)

- Players' lag causing them to be able to take +100-200% damage without dying (also known as the 'bullet sponge')

- Players' lag allowing them to one-shot other players with weapons like the AK-47, the M9, or even the Para-9

- Players' lag causing the close-range blindfire of weapons such as shotguns to completely miss

- Players' lag allowing them to kill other players after they are dead ('Afterlife' medal with a pistol, anyone?)

- Occasionally, only half a party will enter a game, leaving the rest of the team back on the 'finding game' screen

- Random disconnection issues during games, though more commonly in the lobby

- Microphone sound cuts in and out incessantly, making people hard to understand (and yes, the mics are turned up)

- Extreme lag in Co-op modes

So yes, I'm more than a touch disappointed with UC3's "improvements" so far, especially since I mentioned ALL of these during the Beta.

Message 3 of 61 (17,727 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: Failed syncing levels

Jan 9, 2012

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM ! AND NOW I'M GETTING MAD COS I'VE LOST HOURS TO FIND SOLUTION ..DOES SOMEBODY KNOW HOW TO FIX IT ?

Message 4 of 61 (17,727 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 1, 2012

I have the same problem as well.

• My network connection is good (18 down and 4 up)
  • My PS3 is in the DMZ on my router
  • I can play other games on line (including Uncharted 2)
  • I have deleted all game data utility for Uncherted 3
  • I have deleted all saved data utility for Uncharted 3
  • I exchanged game disks at the store

When I select  Multiplayer or Co-op, then select play online...

1. it says "Connecting..."
  2. then "Syncing Level Data..."
  3. then "A network error has occured.  Failed syncing levels."

Has anyone figured this out yet?

Message 5 of 61 (17,727 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Feb 1, 2012

I enjoy Uncharted MP as much as the next guy (though the simpler U2 MP is superior imo), but that's only when II can play it.

Failure to sync levels, once in a while "error getting ticket", kind of a friggin joke. If I pay for something, I expect it to work, and it's been out several months.

There's also still issues with connecting to certain people and hearing their mics that were left over from U2, still not fixed.

This is the only game I have connection issues with, so it's gotta be something on your end. Please look into this iissue and find a way to resolve it, because in its current state I cannot play online, which isn't right. Including an online pass (I always buy new so doesn't affect me) and having the MP be such a focus, I'd think something as simple as the player being able to connect would not be an issue.

Is it so much to want to be able to get into a match hassle-free? /rant

Message 6 of 61 (17,727 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Feb 4, 2012

I'm replying to every thread about this issue until ND comments. Seriously stupid that I can't find ONE single post that a representee has made.

Message 7 of 61 (17,727 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Feb 4, 2012

Same problem here! http://community.us.playstation.com/message/37373716#37373716

To a degree it comforts me to know I'm not the only one with the problem,

but on the other hand, if the problem is so big,

why on earth can't Naughty Dog fix this BS or at least have the dignity to have a comment on the subject!

Message 8 of 61 (17,727 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Feb 4, 2012

Just so Naughty Dog knows just what is happening, I posted a video on youtube showing my exact situation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUdtcmpf98E

Message 9 of 61 (17,727 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Feb 4, 2012

Meh,

I'd love to see some official respone,

It's getting on my nerves

Message 10 of 61 (17,727 Views)
0 Likes