Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Re: FLASHBACK MAP PACK 2 NOT WORKING IN MATCHMAKING(Naughty Dog please reply)

Apr 23, 2012

And why is that a problem?

You could also make a UK account to download the EU DLC.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 21 of 31 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
8 posts

Apr 23, 2012

Well, if the only language option is one I can't read, it would be a problem?! lol

And, it wasn't just $25 I have wasted... I first bought the fb map pack for $9.99, then when i read about this DLC toggle, I thought it wasn't showing up because I didn't have ALL map packs, so I went and bought the bundle for $29.99... so I have wasted $40... and I'm angry now. I will not be spending another €30 to buy the maps from a german account and then along with that, begin back at level 1... Isn't there something else they can do for me? Considering this knowledge is not provided beforehand?

Message 22 of 31 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Apr 23, 2012

How exactly did you redeem the online pass without a EU account?

You don't need to start playing with that account, you only have to download the DLC that you want... or buy a NA disc.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 23 of 31 (107 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Apr 23, 2012

I created an account for my husband in German, redeemed the online pass that came with the game from his account... But I still had money on my psn account, so I purchased the map packs from my account, and I always play from my account. I had no idea that the region would play a part in downloading dlc's. The thought didn't cross my mind. That really sucks. Well, either I'll be waiting til I can find a really cheap used disc, or just never play the new maps because I'm not handing out another 30 euros..

Message 24 of 31 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2678 posts

Apr 23, 2012

1. I have played FBMP#2 maps twice with DLC toggle set to off.   I've played both Temple and Plaza.

2. If you have the DD map pack, you will find FBMP#2 maps constantly with the DLC toggle on.   You may be new to the game and not know this but most people purchased something called the Fortune Hunters Club which allowed them to download ALL DLC released thus far.   Since everybody in a lobby has to have FBMP#2 installed to play them, you will find most of these people in the DLC playlist since they all downloaded both FBMP#2 and DD map pack with the Fortune Hunters Club.   The DLC toggle set to ON searches for players who have downloaded the DD map pack..........and they all have FBMP#2 so the maps come up constantly.

Message 25 of 31 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1876 posts

Apr 24, 2012

tapantaola wrote:

Your disc region must match the PS store region.

Yeah the same thing happened to me, I live in saudi arabia, but have a us acount. I downloaded all maps from my local account and I can play them using my US account.

Message 26 of 31 (107 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Apr 24, 2012

anyway back to the point are naughty dog going to respond to this problem? it is ridiculous really that people should pay for extra content and not ever get to use it. they should weight EVERY dlc map equally and create separate pools for each pack, and not weight the latest ones. if they were going to weight the latest ones, they should at least let people know. what if you only bought the older map packs after the release of the newer ones? the system doesnt work

Message 27 of 31 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Apr 24, 2012

@joemb_085

I hope they'll soon acknowledge that there is a problem and find a way to solve it. I've played over 30-40 hours the last 2 weeks and didn't see any Flashback Map, not even once. I have some friends that have the same issue.

I've posted a lot on this forum about it, sent some tweets, sent an e-mail and left a message on Naughty Dog's Facebook. I have no idea what to do now and I still feel deceived because yup, like many others, spent money on DLC that doesn't work.

I also think it's ridiculous that Naughty Dog doesn't give any answer. It's not like there is an in-game problem like an overpowered weapon or some glitches. This is an actual issue that makes DLC, which is paid for, unplayable.

Message 28 of 31 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1429 posts

Apr 24, 2012

Eric last response on the FBMP isssue was this:

"Posted by: Eric-ND on 04-06-2012

You have to buy the latest DLC for the DLC toggle to pool you properly. We’re going to potentially have times/events/weekends where one DLC or another gets priority but for now it’s tied to the latest DLC. You will still be able to play DLC maps via default matchmaking of course. "

Yeah I dont see it coming anytime soon, sorry to tell you this.

Message 29 of 31 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5903 posts

Apr 24, 2012

i got matched with my friend (he only has FB#1) and this is my only non-DD DLC match

Message 30 of 31 (107 Views)
0 Likes