Fender Bender
2402 posts

Re: Is there enough Demand for a Hunter-Arena Tournament?>

Feb 13, 2013

bunshing wrote:
we dont care about unluckies, seriously

honestly, who look at this? going on ND.com to know how much your worst ennemy have unluckies.. lol

I don't quit for them or anything. It's just that I don't like getting 2 of them every match in a total unfair fight.

Message 11 of 170 (381 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2402 posts

Feb 13, 2013

Nanashi707 wrote:

Team work is the key. lmao Yeah I don't think Unluckies are such a big deal but you certainly can rack them up. But this supremacy struggle makes Hunter Arena one of the most competitive things I've ever played. All it takes is one idol capture/kickback or one medal (villains) to shift the balance in your favor.

Play against high levels with both treasure hunter gold and protector on, you'll realise you can do nothing to stop them at all... Scoring the idol emits this "yellow death ray" and gives them their kickback. When they keep scoring they keep emiting the ray and keep having their kickbacks. If I'm not mistaken the yellow ray is not bound to the height of the chest so in maps like the Highrise scoring an idol in the hotel will KILL THE ENTIRE BUILDING. And in maps like the airstrip they can score 1 idol in 30 seconds giving them unlimited protector.

The only thing that helps against good players is using an instant-death method. Stealth killing, pulldowns and such.

Message 12 of 170 (381 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
521 posts

Feb 13, 2013

Hielke6991 wrote:
The only thing that helps against good players is using an instant-death method. Stealth killing, pulldowns and such.

And there's your answer. Yeah I know it can be tough but the good part is both teams get an equal chance to be lowly villains and mighty heroes.

But you're also forgetting Shotguns. Once the villains get their 2 medal sawed off the tables really turn. That's why it's not always the villains who quit, I've seen some Heroes cry and moan and RQ because they got shottie'd a few too many times xD

Cutter
Message 13 of 170 (375 Views)
Fender Bender
2402 posts

Feb 13, 2013

Nanashi707 wrote:

Hielke6991 wrote:

And there's your answer. Yeah I know it can be tough but the good part is both teams get an equal chance to be lowly villains and mighty heroes.

But you're also forgetting Shotguns. Once the villains get their 2 medal sawed off the tables really turn. That's why it's not always the villains who quit, I've seen some Heroes cry and moan and RQ because they got shottie'd a few too many times xD

True but high levels pay attention and are hard to stealth kill and pull down. The villains can be upgraded but this positive effect is completely ruined by... THE FREAKING YELLOW GASMASKED RPG NPC! Those guys supply the heroes with an infinite number of rpgs and 1 rpg bullet can also take out an armoured + villain (costing 10 medals). Also they die quickly from the rapid fire M9 all heroes spawn with.

Message 14 of 170 (373 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
521 posts

Feb 13, 2013

Yeah I'm also not happy with the fact that the armor on the maximum armor villain isn't actually used. Heroes can stealth kill them or punch them, not like in Co-op Arena/Adventure where it's required to remove the helmet/mask first. That's half the reason why the last tier is garbage.

Cutter
Message 15 of 170 (370 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2402 posts

Feb 13, 2013

Nanashi707 wrote:

Yeah I'm also not happy with the fact that the armor on the maximum armor villain isn't actually used. Heroes can stealth kill them or punch them, not like in Co-op Arena/Adventure where it's required to remove the helmet/mask first. That's half the reason why the last tier is garbage.

That and the yellow death ray make them not worth their cost indeed.

Message 16 of 170 (363 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
521 posts

Feb 13, 2013

Yeah, when you see an idol approaching its chest, it's best to back off. Cut your losses.

Anyway, this kind of got off topic. Hielke you interested?

Cutter
Message 17 of 170 (357 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2402 posts

Feb 13, 2013

Nanashi707 wrote:

Yeah, when you see an idol approaching its chest, it's best to back off. Cut your losses.

You can't always back off. The radius of the ray should be decreased. Like I mentioned earlier it takes out an entire building in the highrise.

And maybe but I don't think many people will be interested. But I guess so if there are people and decent rules.

Message 18 of 170 (354 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3305 posts

Feb 13, 2013
Sounds very interesting
I've never had much luck in this mode since my friends hate it & the randoms always quit or keeps running off doing their own thing & dies every 30 seconds leaving me to ambushed when carrying the idol.
Message 19 of 170 (351 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
521 posts

Feb 13, 2013

Hielke6991 wrote:

Nanashi707 wrote:

You can't always back off. The radius of the ray should be decreased. Like I mentioned earlier it takes out an entire building in the highrise.

And maybe but I don't think many people will be interested. But I guess so if there are people and decent rules.

yeah if this happens I'm going to have an interesting time deciding the ruleset. Might need some help Smiley Happy

Cutter
Message 20 of 170 (342 Views)
0 Likes