Re: Is there enough Demand for a Hunter-Arena Tournament?>

[ Edited ]
Feb 14, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

Nanashi707 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Nanashi707 wrote:

True, but I always miss with it D:

But you brought something really important to my attention: The thing where a villain blasts a hero with a shotgun and punches them immediately to get an insta-kill. Regardless of the hero's teammate being alive or not. I feel like this should be addressed. Is it too cheap, or should it stay?

All the things in the game should stay. If they are in it's fair game, boosters are up to you though.

Interesting. So you would be against, say: no sawed off for villains, no boosters/kickbacks for heroes and no punch/insta-kill combo? (Hypothetically speaking, I'm curious)

Both teams are going to get that advantage I'd assume I'd certainly say no kickbacks though, as one team will always have the upper hand with those on. usually the ones who land on the right team at the start.

Both teams can however grab a sawed off if they earn the medals. If something can be done by both teams then i'd say fair game. One team is always limited to earning medals and such at the start though and a free kickback is a given for them usually when they start the next round if they are smart while the other team usually did nothing except get unluckies.

Well by removing kickbacks and limiting boosters/mods the Hero advantage is being diminished so it should only be fair that the Villains get some sort of drawback as well. And because the 2-medal sawed off is basically an "equalizer" it should be banned to level out the playing field.

Not to mention the shotgun issue from before would be solved if the sawed off is banned. Though I should test it with other guns, for example see if after some M9 fire would a punch have the same effect? AK? Arm Micro? etc..

Cutter
Message 51 of 170 (360 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
521 posts

Feb 14, 2013

shadowlibraboy wrote:
So Nanashi, will you be awarding prizes? Smiley Wink

Prizes are normally an added incentive that can bring more people in and interest people Smiley Very Happy

Also, will you be running this on FN or through the forums with your own brackets?

I really want to see this tournament come to life, this can probably be the first hunter tournament in the history of uncharted Smiley Very Happy

Good idea. 1st Place $50 PSN card, 2nd Place $20 PSN card and 3rd Place $10 PSN card. Or if ND could back me up here, PAX G-Mal codes could be an incentive? Smiley Wink Idk, maybe I should ask Eric... BTW thanks for bringing that up before I went on ahead and made the trailer!

I don't like FN and neither do a lot of people (note: I didn't say "hate", just dislike for a few reasons) There's a tournament bracket site that I will use as soon as I find out if it's free or not lmao.

Me too man, me too. I really enjoy this mode. It's a forgotten gem of UC3. Clunky, but a gem none the less.

Cutter
Message 52 of 170 (359 Views)
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3802 posts

Feb 14, 2013

I mostly play Hunter for treasures, but I DO find it pretty enjoyable mode with the right people. 

Message 53 of 170 (347 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3721 posts

Feb 14, 2013

Alluboy_ wrote:

I mostly play Hunter for treasures, but I DO find it pretty enjoyable mode with the right people. 

Likewise, played it with some friends and it was hilarious and enjoyable. Playing publicly is guaranteed to annoy you.

Message 54 of 170 (337 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
521 posts

Feb 14, 2013

AliMakaveli wrote:

Alluboy_ wrote:

Likewise, played it with some friends and it was hilarious and enjoyable. Playing publicly is guaranteed to annoy you.

I guarantee you this tournament will not annoy you. I'm going to work hard (w/help) to get a "fair" and minimalist ruleset.

Cutter
Message 55 of 170 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14231 posts

Feb 15, 2013

Nanashi707 wrote:

shadowlibraboy wrote:
So Nanashi, will you be awarding prizes? Smiley Wink

Prizes are normally an added incentive that can bring more people in and interest people Smiley Very Happy

Also, will you be running this on FN or through the forums with your own brackets?

I really want to see this tournament come to life, this can probably be the first hunter tournament in the history of uncharted Smiley Very Happy

Good idea. 1st Place $50 PSN card, 2nd Place $20 PSN card and 3rd Place $10 PSN card. Or if ND could back me up here, PAX G-Mal codes could be an incentive? Smiley Wink Idk, maybe I should ask Eric... BTW thanks for bringing that up before I went on ahead and made the trailer!

I don't like FN and neither do a lot of people (note: I didn't say "hate", just dislike for a few reasons) There's a tournament bracket site that I will use as soon as I find out if it's free or not lmao.

Me too man, me too. I really enjoy this mode. It's a forgotten gem of UC3. Clunky, but a gem none the less.

You could just create your own tournament brackets. I'll help if you need it, I'm not great at that sort of thing but I assume I could get it done.

Message 56 of 170 (319 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
521 posts

Feb 15, 2013

Thank you. I'm also going to need some volunteers to help me test out potential rules/other Hunter Arena things.

Cutter
Message 57 of 170 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
287 posts

Re: REBIRTH - HUNTER ARENA COOP TOURNAMENT - Under Construction

Feb 15, 2013
I'd be more than glad to volunteer. Smiley Happy
Message 58 of 170 (305 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
521 posts

Feb 15, 2013

MR-o-RAGER wrote:
I'd be more than glad to volunteer. Smiley Happy

Killer. I'll draft a set of rules tomorrow and we'll get a party of 4 to test it all out.

Aureilia I'll make some space on my friend's list and send a FR if you want in on this testing phase.

Cutter
Message 59 of 170 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3872 posts

Feb 15, 2013
Sign me up when available.
Message 60 of 170 (290 Views)
0 Likes