Nov 21 2012
By: scodicam Wastelander 649 posts

Eric, please fix these.

16 replies 455 views Edited Nov 21, 2012

We all knew when Eric said that the models in uncharted 3 are better than the ones in Uncharted 2.

Single player, yes.

Multiplayer? heck no.

39.png39.png

I can't stand how the models look in U3.

If there is any chance to at least slightly put a texture pack in a patch, that would be great.

Message 1 of 17 (455 Views)
Wastelander
573 posts

Re: Eric, please fix these.

Nov 21, 2012
They look hungry.
YouTube: AlexDarkshield and Hardies331
Hardiess331 channel uploads new video daily!
Message 2 of 17 (430 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 21, 2012

They said no sadly. I'd love a free texture pack though. They won't even fix Elena's bald spot, but they'll make 5 hats to cover it. EDIT: I agree with guy below. In a perfect world where ND has all their resources, I'd want this fixed, but now, I want party splitting fixes most of all. That ancient bug is still biting me to this day! If you see this, fix the PARTY SPLITS!

Message 3 of 17 (427 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

Nov 21, 2012

Or we could let Eric use the Naughty Dog resources on things that are actually important. Honestly, 99.9% of the time, a player doesn't zoom up close to the character model and comtemplate upon how inferior it is to UC2. The player actually plays and enjoys the game. I do agree that the character models are inferior, but gameplay is far more important than a texture pack, skin, color palette, or some little trinket on a character.

Message 4 of 17 (425 Views)
Wastelander
649 posts

Nov 21, 2012

jjjkur wrote:
They said no sadly. I'd love a free texture pack though. They won't even fix Elena's bald spot, but they'll make 5 hats to cover it.

Where did you find that they said no?

Message 5 of 17 (411 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Nov 21, 2012

mario507 wrote:

Or we could let Eric use the Naughty Dog resources on things that are actually important. Honestly, 99.9% of the time, a player doesn't zoom up close to the character model and comtemplate upon how inferior it is to UC2. The player actually plays and enjoys the game. I do agree that the character models are inferior, but gameplay is far more important than a texture pack, skin, color palette, or some little trinket on a character.

Agreed.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 6 of 17 (405 Views)
Survivor
2178 posts

Nov 21, 2012
They said its not technically possible. They have a lot of graphics streaming going on in Uncharted 3, and if the amount of laggy players is any indicator, there's not near enough bandwith. AND more importantly, the Playstation 3 can't handle simultaneous online and intense graphics with faster gameplay like this. They're working a 6 year old console. Also, Uncharted 2 models were slightly degraded too. Not nearly to this extent, but if they couldn't support single player graphics with the simple Uncharted 2 gameplay, there's not a chance in hell of them doing that with customization, kickbacks, load out swapping, and more.

Message 7 of 17 (396 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11295 posts

Nov 21, 2012

The pics in the OP were in a thread created a looong time ago(back in the NDF), some site posted them like the community were important people.

A Dog replied in the same thread saying that they can't change graphics/textures in a patch.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but i believe the models in U3 are worse because of the 3D thingy... 

Message 8 of 17 (392 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Nov 21, 2012
I don't know about that, but 3D being forced by Sony is stupid and probably did mess up a few things with this game. How many of you guys even have HD? Pretty stupid if you have to wear glasses if you ask me. And it only shines on a few games like Killzone 3.

Message 9 of 17 (379 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 21, 2012

renatabls wrote:

Correct me if i'm wrong, but i believe the models in U3 are worse because of the 3D thingy... 

From a technical perspective it is possible to have 2 versions of skins: a high-polygon model for 2D mode and a low-polygon model for 3D mode.

UC3 MP maps & weapons work exactly like that. Check the screenshots in this article to see what I mean: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-uncharted-3-beta-tech-analysis?page=2

In case you didn't notice the differences:

2D Chateau has more vegetation (grass) compared to 3D Chateau.
2D RPG has more polygons compared to 3D RPG.
2D Airstrip has better lighting/shadows compared to 3D Airstrip.

I also don't think that Customization is the culprit either, because: 1) it's not very extensive, 2) some models (like Drake, Salim etc.) are highly detailed compared to others like Elena, Lazarevic.

My guess is that they didn't have enough time to polish properly some skins, because the game was rushed. An official explanation from ND would most certainly be appreciated.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 10 of 17 (367 Views)
0 Likes