Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
2602 posts

Re: Remove The Hacked Leaderboard Stats

Nov 14, 2012

Why can't ND just do the right thing for matchmaking and bring it back to PING-based? Because if anything, all matchmaking is now exactly the same before, but just with even smaller player pools and even longer time spent searching for games.

Or at least, experiment with KDR or WLR-based matchmaking.

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/b/b9/Garfreakeld.png

I luv kitty cats cuz they're very furry n cute. meow!
Message 11 of 45 (770 Views)
Lombax Warrior
148 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 14, 2012

I-Like-Pie45 wrote:

Why can't ND just do the right thing for matchmaking and bring it back to PING-based? Because if anything, all matchmaking is now exactly the same before, but just with even smaller player pools and even longer time spent searching for games.

If you take networking classes you'll understand it's much more difficult than it seems to be.
Message 12 of 45 (765 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6261 posts

Nov 14, 2012

tapantaola wrote:

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:
  • If it won't take a lot of time and resources, then yes just remove them already. There's no reason they should stay except...
  • if you think that time will be better spent working on other technical issues with the game like glitches and optimizing matchmaking to find players with better ping, then focus on that stuff.

Apparently they can tweak matchmaking parameters on the fly through LiveUpdates. Check the latest blog post.

Too bad that it will remain level-based...

AKA a system worse than matchmaking based on time played, because legacying is a choice that not everyone made.

http://oi48.tinypic.com/jfdnnp.jpg

Message 13 of 45 (753 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Nov 14, 2012

mario507 wrote:

I-Like-Pie45 wrote:

If you take networking classes you'll understand it's much more difficult than it seems to be.

I have taken networking and programming classes. Do I qualify?

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 14 of 45 (744 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10109 posts

Nov 14, 2012
You always qualify, tap.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 15 of 45 (734 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

Nov 14, 2012

I say dont fix it this happened to me also, anyone that cares about there stats is sad and never play for stats play for fun its a game.

Message 16 of 45 (715 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
371 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2012

If they only remove everyone till Ibiza, I don't really see the point, 

I found it hilarious when he posted some message about how he was #1 but number something on the leaderboard.

They should remove everyone from the leaderboard who is a shared account. 

That guy even dared to post about how he wasn't #1 on the leaderboard, while he dares to make an account called NDisincompetent ( which they are ), and then abuses the splitscreen leaderboard glitch to make that account #2 on the leaderboard, therefore pushing another shared account, saiansomethingidc , one place down. 

But oh the irony how naughty dog responds to this, they did remove that ndisincompetent account from the leaderboard like within a few weeks without asking what we thought, they even banned that japanese guy with 3 ps3's without asking us.

Why bother asking now Naughty Dog? 

And this is the 2nd time they could learn something from Guerrilla Games, as they just removed the boosters AND shared accounts from the leaderboards.

PS: Don't worry naughty dog, I still love you for uncharted 2 and partially uncharted 3.

My opinion on the leaderboards we know now, is that they actually shouldn't be in the game, like in killzone 3, where you only have friendleaderboards in-game and to see the leaderboard which includes everyone, you need to go to their site.

But I guess games these days perfectly know what's addictive and that's why it's in the game, I for one, would have liked to see those uncharted 2 medal leaderboards in uncharted 3. The leaderboards that are in the game now are a sign of nolifeness, and the reason rage quitting was so popular before it was partially fixed, I know medal leaderboards would be a sign of nolifeness too, but it would be a good addition to the game, as there are no negative effects to those kinds of leaderboards, in the sense of ragequitting etc. 

I am not a player who is easily affected by those cheap addictions put in games nowadays, I just like to see where I stand in the world with my stats.

I have been #1 in dead nation, renegade ops, lost planet 2 and some other games which I can't think of atm, but I did that because it was fun and it doesn't ask for playing the game a year. 

While I'm at it, add quits to the win/loss leaderboards, and while you are at it, add them to the k/d leaderboards too. 

We would all be able to see what is legit and what isn't. And if you don't want to remove the boosters who are online 24/7 (shared accounts), just add another thing which shows how many ps3's acces that account to play uc3.

I know it is possible to see such kind of things, as you can look at the mac -adress of the ps3 etc.

Message 17 of 45 (696 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
25 posts

WHO Are They ? ND

Nov 14, 2012

1350494360-img-1913.jpg - envoi d'image avec NoelShack1350494372-img-1914.jpg - envoi d'image avec NoelShack1350494383-img-1915.jpg - envoi d'image avec NoelShack

this is very long time it lasts, or is pass naughty dog ....

thanks for read !

Message 18 of 45 (727 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1962 posts

Re: WHO Are They ? ND

Nov 14, 2012

Rated-rsuperst93 wrote:

1350494360-img-1913.jpg - envoi d'image avec NoelShack1350494372-img-1914.jpg - envoi d'image avec NoelShack1350494383-img-1915.jpg - envoi d'image avec NoelShack

this is very long time it lasts, or is pass naughty dog ....

thanks for read !

I think its a glitch. ND is working on it. 

EminentFury= GOAT Debater/intellectual Conservative.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

34gau1c.jpg

Message 19 of 45 (705 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
25 posts

Re: WHO Are They ? ND

Nov 14, 2012

please ND correct this fail ........ by update like[ mw3 laderboard ... ]

thanks nd

Message 20 of 45 (702 Views)
0 Likes