Do you mean 
Nov 14 2012
By: shadowlibraboy Treasure Hunter 4568 posts
Accepted Solution

[Eric-ND Replied 😃] Remove The Hacked Leaderboard Stats

[ Edited ]
44 replies 1077 views Edited Nov 21, 2012

Trawnza wrote:

3. Any plans to remove the glitched/hacked player names from the leaderboards? (Shrantellatessa)

Internally, this is has been a vigorous debate for a while now. Let’s throw it back to you guys and gals. What do you think? Start a thread and let’s see what you’re thinking.

Naughty Dog, you need to remove the Hacked/Glitched Leaderboard Stats, and help those who have been affected, like gecko74321.

As you can see in the video, the leaderboards are bugged, and if you look at gecko74321's stats they are negatively affected, putting him at the bottom of the leaderboard. But when you look at his stat card it shows is unaffected, normal stats: what they should be.

Perhaps you can set the top 24 scores to 0, and if they want their stats back all they need to do is PM you a picture of their stat cards. I am sure that if some random person could hack/glitch the leaderboards, you guys could do it too :smileyhappy:

For people affected like gecko74321: Look at their stat cards and revert their leaderboard stats to that number (If possible). If this isn't possible, try to find some way to help him out, because it's unfair to people who play the game and have good stats but the leaderboard doesn't show it so their friends can't see :smileysad:

ND, I am not sure if you are aware of this, but it is not just the leaderboards that have been hacked. The 'Lifetime tournament placements' have been hacked (CLICK HERE FOR GECKO'S THREAD), and I am sure multiple other things have been modified too.

EDIT: The Hyper Link didn't work, here is a normal link: https://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/How-am-I-suppose-to-get-djnn/m...

EDITx2: Here is the Screeshot if you do not want to click the link

Hacked Stats

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 1 of 45 (1,077 Views)
Survivor
2289 posts

Re: Remove The Hacked Leaderboard Stats

Nov 14, 2012

Lol, "what do we think?"

Uhh, it's a glitch/hack, REMOVE IT! Duh!

Message 2 of 45 (1,058 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4568 posts

Nov 14, 2012

JD-- wrote:

Lol, "what do we think?"

Uhh, it's a glitch/hack, REMOVE IT! Duh!

lol ya :smileytongue:
**NOTE TO HIHI2442:

I couldn't post from my alt since it got banned for circumventing moderator activity :'(

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 3 of 45 (1,053 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
802 posts

Nov 14, 2012
Those fakes should be removed, but the leaderboards in general are so broken it's pathetic.
Message 4 of 45 (1,036 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6261 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 14, 2012
  • If it won't take a lot of time and resources, then yes just remove them already. There's no reason they should stay except...
  • if you think that time will be better spent working on other technical issues with the game like glitches and optimizing matchmaking to find players with better ping, then focus on that stuff.

http://oi48.tinypic.com/jfdnnp.jpg

Message 5 of 45 (1,023 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4568 posts

Nov 14, 2012
@xSKIN_N_BONESx

That's a good point. I never thought about it that way. I guess it all depends on how much work it would be for them to take off those names, and if it could be used for something more productive.

But I do think they should try to see if they can help people like gecko, even if it does use resources and time. I know I wouldn't be happy if I had a negative lifetime placement that is blocking me from getting the Djinn. I could deal with being all the way on the bottom of the leaderboards, since I know I will never be one of those at the top for kills. But I wouldn't like being blocked from getting the Djinn because of something like this :smileyhappy:

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 6 of 45 (1,015 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1018 posts

Nov 14, 2012
OMG I'm on the video
Do you see me
*Screams*
I'm so honored
Anyway
It should be fixed and most my if my leaderboards are out of date and so old and not current
Message 7 of 45 (1,009 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4825 posts

Nov 14, 2012
To be honest this should not have been a debate in the first place. It's blatantly obvious that the leaderboards are broken. Being told to "make a thread about it to see whether we will fix this or not" is just out of the question.
Message 8 of 45 (1,004 Views)
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Nov 14, 2012
Exacty why not fix something that is broken for this long.... Oh wait
Message 9 of 45 (998 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Nov 14, 2012

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:
  • If it won't take a lot of time and resources, then yes just remove them already. There's no reason they should stay except...
  • if you think that time will be better spent working on other technical issues with the game like glitches and optimizing matchmaking to find players with better ping, then focus on that stuff.

Apparently they can tweak matchmaking parameters on the fly through LiveUpdates. Check the latest blog post.

Too bad that it will remain level-based...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 10 of 45 (980 Views)
0 Likes