Hekseville Citizen
355 posts

Re: Enough is Enough. Revenge HAS to go.

[ Edited ]
Aug 24, 2012

RevisIsland78 wrote:

Zonnex wrote:

RevisIsland78 wrote:
Wow Zonnex, the fact that you tagged it "stop whining child" shows you clearly use Revenge.

Revenge user EXPOSED!

Nah. Just Negative boosters. Revenge rarely worked at all. If you had faced me, you probably have much better luck escaping. Revenge hates me.

Well yeah, everyone's using Negs right now, but anyone defending Revenge uses it, and you are no exception I bet.

My case it was the opposite. I merely defend it 'cause I actually escape on time to managing to throw it back. Most of the time I was caught in the middle of the other explosion before the Revenge grenade hits the ground, making it almost impossible to quickly throw it back. At times, failed to throw back. Others, didn't escape on time especially swinging my fist in thin air.

0 Likes
Sackboy
537 posts

Aug 24, 2012

RevisIsland78 wrote:

sprinkler18 wrote:
For some reason its usage and popularity seems to have peaked since the last 2 patches
but it should stay where it belongs, in T.O. and not TDM

It belongs NOWHERE!

But surely T.O. unlike TDM is just organised mayhem where anything goes Inc revenge, its where most players I know go to have a bit of fun

YOU'RE NOT GOOD.....YOU JUST LAG.....YES YOU!
Message 22 of 157 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1290 posts

Aug 24, 2012

sprinkler18 wrote:

RevisIsland78 wrote:

sprinkler18 wrote:
For some reason its usage and popularity seems to have peaked since the last 2 patches

It belongs NOWHERE!

But surely T.O. unlike TDM is just organised mayhem where anything goes Inc revenge, its where most players I know go to have a bit of fun

I find it hard to have fun when I die to teammates' Revenge grenades every few seconds, but maybe that's just me. Smiley Indifferent
Message 23 of 157 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4145 posts

Aug 24, 2012

sprinkler18 wrote:

RevisIsland78 wrote:

sprinkler18 wrote:

It belongs NOWHERE!

Revenge doesn't belond in TDM because it can teamkill, and lag can also make for an unfiar death on the enemy team. Revenge doesn't belong in TO because it makes modes like KotH, CR and TW harder than they need to be for one's teamates. The only place Revenge belongs is in co-op from melee-ing AI to death.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Message 24 of 157 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
26 posts

Aug 24, 2012

It should stay. Period.

Message 25 of 157 (254 Views)
Fender Bender
4145 posts

Aug 24, 2012

JordynPhoenix wrote:

It should stay. Period.

Great argument. 

In all seriousness, could you try giving some reasoning as to why it shouldn't go/be changed? It is rather unlikely that ND will remove something in the final version of the game, but it's possible that they'll at least change it. I'd like to hear how it's fine and why nothing should be done from you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Message 26 of 157 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6452 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 24, 2012

How to fix Revenge:

• All Revenge grenades do half damage (except for kickback nades).
  • They are Team Safed.

Sure the Team Safing could be considered a little cheap but because this game is built around public matches where you are set up with random team mates, Revenge should be made to work in that scenario where you can get stuck with randoms who use Revenge and have no consideration for their team mates.

Half damage is best because it removes the free kill aspect of Revenge, and also means that for someone to Revenge kill you they have to either get you to half health or be lucky enough to get you when you are already injured. But with no free kills it means that assassinations will not be punishable by death (although you could still be stunned and injured, and even killed if you were already injured) and lag will no longer give people free Revenge kills.

If you like this feel free to add to the OP.

Message 27 of 157 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
225 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 24, 2012

Another idea is to make the Revenge grenade's damage on par with a Hammer shot. It'll down ya, but it won't kill ya outright unless you've been damaged.

EDIT: Ninja'd by SKIN. Darn you Smiley Tongue

But other than that I'd rather BURN IT TO THE GROUND!!!!

Message 28 of 157 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
537 posts

Aug 24, 2012
RevisIsland78 wrote:

Revenge doesn't belond in TDM because it can teamkill, and lag can also make for an unfiar death on the enemy team. Revenge doesn't belong in TO because it makes modes like KotH, CR and TW harder than they need to be for one's teamates. The only place Revenge belongs is in co-op from melee-ing AI to death.

yh your right, but were blaming the tools and not the players that misuse it, it's no different from trying to dodge an enemy nade and having a load of noobs scattering like headless chickens and stopping you throwing it back or evading it 

YOU'RE NOT GOOD.....YOU JUST LAG.....YES YOU!
Message 29 of 157 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
573 posts

Aug 24, 2012
This is a public game. Anyone can use what they want.
YouTube: AlexDarkshield and Hardies331
Hardiess331 channel uploads new video daily!
Message 30 of 157 (203 Views)
0 Likes