Wastelander
698 posts

Re: Enough is Enough. Revenge HAS to go.

[ Edited ]
Sep 20, 2012

"The best revenge is massive success." -- Frank Sinatra 

I've learned that some people just are still so bad at this game that they need revenge and blind-firing. Let them do it, the reason I play this game is personal satisfaction; not my stats, not for my team, but for me. And the only time I feel good, is when I  get a legitimate kill, not some stupid BS kill like with revenge or blind-firing (which isn't bad; only over used). And I doubt it's that gratifing to hold down R1, but I KNOW it's gratifying to kill a person who is running at you blindfiring and then throwing back his revenge grenade. That last part was for the selfish people who equip revenge, and people working the system; blindfiring. And practically speaking, revenge isn't that effective anyway (person experience; I'm sorry that was a long time ago)

Let this be a lesson to all you, but also to me because I forget this a  lot.

"When you have the power to screw people over and you don't--well, that's when you get to show who you really are." -- Joseph Finder

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Message 121 of 157 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
631 posts

Sep 20, 2012
Revenge is OVERPOWERED in the hands of splitscreeners.
I dont know why but when the " (1) " use revenge, his grenades are so laggy that most lf the times they blow up istantly!
Message 122 of 157 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7527 posts

Sep 20, 2012

BirthBS wrote:
I dont know why but when the " (1) " use revenge, his grenades are so laggy that most lf the times they blow up istantly!

meh not really i dont think so

Sleep Matt signature
Message 123 of 157 (231 Views)
Survivor
2112 posts

Sep 20, 2012

BirthBS wrote:

If it's in the hands of Mexican/South American splitscreeners that is.

Message 124 of 157 (226 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Sep 21, 2012
Oh revenge. If you somehow did not screw my pulldowns by landing on my lap.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 125 of 157 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
99 posts

Sep 21, 2012
Revenge isnt the issue. The problem is that this game is insanely laggy. "Worse than the atrocious MW3" laggy. I easily roll from grenades only to die way out of the damage radius. Simply because the game registers me being a few feet behind where I actually am. Its really embarassing for a so-called top tier developer to have by far the worst performing AAA MP game on the market. Epic learned from their mistakes and addressed them with Gears 3. Thats a reason why Gears 3 is considered as top of the line MP and UC3 isn't. When will ND finally learn?
Message 126 of 157 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Sep 21, 2012

YaDig07 wrote:
Revenge isnt the issue. The problem is that this game is insanely laggy. "Worse than the atrocious MW3" laggy. I easily roll from grenades only to die way out of the damage radius. Simply because the game registers me being a few feet behind where I actually am. Its really embarassing for a so-called top tier developer to have by far the worst performing AAA MP game on the market. Epic learned from their mistakes and addressed them with Gears 3. Thats a reason why Gears 3 is considered as top of the line MP and UC3 isn't. When will ND finally learn?

The lag isn't from them, it's from other players. I'm sure you'd all love regional matchmaking, and I'm with that, too, partly because US players make me lag (like, lagfestival lag. They're moving fine, I have to stand still for 2 minutes and listen to them talk trash while destroying the English language with made-up jargon as well).

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 127 of 157 (162 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Sep 21, 2012

They're never going to remove Revenge from the game, don't even think about that, but they could replace Revenge. Revenge should be near Scoped In and Cloaked, the people would have something to think about and you wouldn't find all of the people with Revenge equipped. It also gives them the chance to use Revenge together with TeamSafe and safe their teammates. This would make sense and would also give boosters like Endurance a chance to survive. I have been killed all the time by people having Revenge equipped, lagging hard and their grenades don't even blow up, but even when I'm on the other side, it kills me. Can btw anyone tell me, where I can ask you something about the PSN? I'm worried and I'd like to ask you this, but I didn't want to write it here, because it doesn't have anything to do with Uncharted. 

Message 128 of 157 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

Sep 21, 2012
I support crippling revenge toward Tau uselessness.
Message 129 of 157 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
4595 posts

Sep 21, 2012

Naughty Dog nerfed Fleet Foot because too many people were using it, even if it actually takes skill to use effectively (and by effectively, I mean not wiggling back and forth like a spaz). Nowadays Fleet Foot is only overpowered if you have a low sensitivity.

Why the hell will they not nerf a booster that clearly many people use which takes zero skill whatsoever? With Fleet Foot, maybe it was faster than my sensitivity, but it still had stopping power affecting it and you still had to move your left analog stick accordingly. Revenge's weakness is the grenade throwbacks (but that weakness is non-existant for laggers with invisible Revenge grenades and Revenge grenades with glue painted all over them so they stick to the ground EVEN IF YOU PRESS F%$#ING TRIANGLE), and... there's no effort involved with getting a kill whatsoever.

All Revenge does is hinder a team, no matter what mode you're playing (barring FFA, I suppose). If you're playing 3TDM or TDM, get damaged by an enemy, and then finished off by a teammate's Revenge grenade, good news! The other team is a point closer to winning because of that. If a Revenge user is Marked Man and he dies, good news! His Revenge grenade spawn-kills him until the power play is rallied, so the other team catches up to yours! If you're playing Plunder or Team Objective and you die to a teammate's Revenge, good news! The other team is closer to scoring the idol or capturing the zone because they have fewer people to oppose their rush. If you're playing Elimination and you die to your teammate's Revenge grenade, good news! The other team is closer to winning that round and you can't stop them!

Clearly there is something appealing to noobs about Revenge, just like Regeneration. They're probably thinking, "oh, I can get a kill without even doing anything? Yes please! Oh, I can have Wolverine's healing factor? Yes please!"

It is an unavoidable death in the hands of laggers. It is an unavoidable death when in water. It is an unavoidable death if you're near a teammate with Revenge equipped who just died. If you get killed by an enemy using it, it's still BS because they died and they shouldn't crap out a grenade after you (or someone else) killed them! I don't care if you used ROF or Double Damage or Flynn's M9 to blindfire-punch them, you did SOMETHING that involved pressing buttons to achieve your goal. With Revenge, YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO ANYTHING!

And now, we're asking for a playlist where grenade throwbacks are off, and having tested it in Custom Game, Revenge grenades are no exception and they will be an unavoidable death if you stealth-kill someone with Revenge! Isn't it a great idea to ask for a feature THAT TAKES OUT REVENGE'S ONE WEAKNESS in a mode that will have boosters?!

Naughty Dog: KILL. THIS GODDAMNED. BOOSTER ALREADY. Nerf it to uselessness. Make the grenade bounce into the air a bit higher like in Uncharted 2. Make it an exception to "Throwbacks Disabled". Allow teammates to throw Revenge grenades back. Lock the booster so nobody can use it. I don't care, just DO SOMETHING. It's been almost a year. In two weeks it will have been a year since Revenge started popping up everywhere (two weeks from now is October 5, which is around the time I saw everyone start using Revenge in the Subway beta). If Classic Mode doesn't have grenade throwbacks, why NOT nerf Revenge?

Message 130 of 157 (134 Views)