Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 24 2012
By: RevisIsland78 Uncharted Territory 1290 posts
Accepted Solution

Enough is Enough. Revenge HAS to go.

[ Edited ]
156 replies 1497 views Edited Oct 1, 2012

OCTOBER UPDATE: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/Q-amp-A-with-the-NaughtyDog-Dev...

There's the link to my question in this month's Q&A thread. Please kudo it so ND will respond. Thanks! :smileywink:

So today, playing Team Objective on Yemen in the DLC pool, King of the Hill first. I see a guy hanging, hit him off. Watch a Revenge grenade drop. Roll my eyes. My teammate dies next to me, guess what I die to? HIS DARN REVENGE GRENADE! Next time in the hill, I get a kill in a battle, but I've taken some damage. The same teammate bunny-hops towards me, dies, and I die to Revenge AGAIN.

I'm not going to go through the whole game, but basically I kicked that guy, and we got 2 new Revenge buddies. The other team ALL had Revenge except for one player. Some people had it Gold. Someone had it Gold at like level 35ish, this on their second legacy. Are you kidding me? HOW SELFISH ARE THESE PEOPLE?! If you're using Revenge, why would you ever even consider going near a teammate? Oh, you need to be in the Hill? Don't use it in TO then!

/rant

Really, I'm disgusted and not close to as angry as I appear, but still somewhat frustrated. PLEASE don't use Revenge. If you must level it up, do it in FFA and spare your teammates. I don't want to only play in full parties to avoid Revenge, but that's the way I'm headed.

There is a solution though: Have everyone stop using it. That clearly won't happen though, so either delete it, move it to slot 1, or make it only work on deathstreaks like Let Me See. This has gone too far. Revenge must be eliminated, and quickly. I've had enough. Enough is enough. Take action, support, do whatever it takes to be the change.

Thanks for reading. Now get rid of Revenge, the most hated booster!
-Revis

EDIT: Other ideas include making Revenge grenades do half damage, making them Team Safed, giving it a longer throwback timer, and more (read through the thread for more suggestions.)

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 157 (1,497 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
350 posts

Re: Enough is Enough. Revenge HAS to go.

Aug 24, 2012

Revenge has been around since Uncharted 2.

Survivor
2195 posts

Aug 24, 2012

Zonnex wrote:

Thanks Captain Obvious. It still needs to go.

Raptr Gamercard
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 157 (1,483 Views)
Fender Bender
4145 posts

Aug 24, 2012

- Make Revenge drop after an Unlucky

- Make Revenge upgradable by getting Comeback medals

- Team Safe it

- Give it a longer throwback timer

And there's your balanced booster. Revis' ways would've worked too; I was just suggesting a different approach.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 157 (1,474 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1290 posts

Aug 24, 2012

Zonnex wrote:

In Uncharted 2 it bounced up in the air leaving time for teammates to escape, did it not? And it's always been annoying anyway.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 157 (1,468 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2195 posts

Aug 24, 2012

Toxic156 wrote:

- Team Safe it

And there's your balanced booster. Revis' ways would've worked too; I was just suggesting a different approach.

Or if you can't remove it just lock it. Lock it so no one can ever select it again. >:3

Raptr Gamercard
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 157 (1,461 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1290 posts

Aug 24, 2012

Toxic156 wrote:

- Team Safe it

More great ideas from Toxic.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 157 (1,457 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
384 posts

Aug 24, 2012

Toxic156 wrote:

- Team Safe it

Balanced? You would destroy revenge with your first suggestion. And the second one would make it quite hard to level up.

But your last two suggestions should fix revenge.  

[SnYp]-Clan
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 157 (1,449 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4145 posts

Aug 24, 2012

Asraik wrote:

Toxic156 wrote:

- Team Safe it

Or if you can't remove it just lock it. Lock it so no one can ever select it again. >:3

Hey, come on now. No need to steal my solution to competitive RoF mods. :smileywink:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 157 (1,030 Views)
Survivor
2178 posts

Aug 24, 2012
Lmfao. Today, someone rushed me and threw a grenade at my feet, then I killed him, and he dropped a cluster (Revenge gold.) I don't know how, but I escaped alive (white screen, but I made it.)

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 157 (1,029 Views)
0 Likes