Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1036 posts

Re: Editing Software for UC3 MP...What do you use....

Dec 1, 2012
Lol Sleaze, you're not an idiot, I bought my Hauppauge and had no idea about the files or anything, I'm just trying to warn you! Lol

Sony Vegas works with pretty much everything, so f you use that you're good. But like I said, the price might be an issue.
I do gameplay/commentary, help me out and subscribe! Click my siggy to get to my channel!
Photobucket

Photobucket

I don't really play Uncharted 3 much anymore... Smiley Sad
Message 21 of 66 (324 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4570 posts

Dec 1, 2012
Sony Vegas also takes a while to get used to, everytime I go back in to edit something I keep forgetting how to split the videos, so I have look through the tutorial xD

But now I know, it is 's' and just to be sure a made a note on my phone so that I don't have to go through the tutorial any more times Smiley Tongue

Sony Vegas is great through, and it is alot if fun to use once you get the hang of it Smiley Happy

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 22 of 66 (316 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14139 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 1, 2012

stentryk wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

After Effects is excellent if you can master it, I've seen excellent things done with it.

Sony Vegas.. Hmm.. Personally I seriously dislike it's price tag and when i had the trial of it the whole thing was very complex and not very user friendly.

Really? I mean everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I strongly disagree with you Smiley Happy For me at least, Sony Vegas (Pro 11) is the most intuitive and, compared to how many things you can actually do, easy and user friendly editing software out there.

I personally use Pinnacle Studio. It lacks in some areas, it does allow you to do all of the things you want to do and it's about as easy as windows movie maker. It has some file limitations, it seriously hates AVI or OGG files. I haven't countered any other issues, reads MP4's and MT2S which is what my recorder captures in anyway. I'm quite aware I could be getting more out of it.. If I wasn't so lazy.

I actually started out with Pinnacle Studio, but it was full of bugs, couldn't do the things that I wanted to do (a clone effect for instance) it had to pre-render everything before you could watch it in the preview.

See I don't have those issues with Studio, I can watch things in a preview, I don't know about the clone effect, I honestly haven't paid much attention to the effects. The preview thing sounds like a computer bug or a software bug, either way that actually works for me.

Sony Vegas.. Didn't see any bugs, Just didn't understand how to get the quality I required from it at all. Made about as much sense as having Pepsi on Toast.

All I really know is we should be sending everyone to a MAC with iMovie. x.x That was the best thing I ever used.

Message 23 of 66 (312 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 2, 2012

Ferrari_1996 wrote:

You can get it for free so stop talking about price as an issue. If price is such an issue you would get it for free (like I did).

You are advocating piracy in a forum owned by Sony... that's real smart of you. Smiley Indifferent

SLEAZE_IT_UP wrote:

Well it appears that the Elgato's output uses HDMI pass thru with H.264 encoding for capturing footage and it supports the following resolutions:  1080p (with simultaneous 60 fps pass through and 30 fps cature), 1080i, 720p (with 60 or 30 fps capture), 576p, and 480p.

Don't bother using HDMI to capture from the PS3. The signal is encrypted by HDCP.

Component + 720p @ 30fps is the way to go.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 24 of 66 (298 Views)
Survivor
2480 posts

Dec 2, 2012

tapantaola wrote:

Ferrari_1996 wrote:

You can get it for free so stop talking about price as an issue. If price is such an issue you would get it for free (like I did).

You are advocating piracy in a forum owned by Sony... that's real smart of you. Smiley Indifferent

SLEAZE_IT_UP wrote:

Well it appears that the Elgato's output uses HDMI pass thru with H.264 encoding for capturing footage and it supports the following resolutions:  1080p (with simultaneous 60 fps pass through and 30 fps cature), 1080i, 720p (with 60 or 30 fps capture), 576p, and 480p.

Don't bother using HDMI to capture from the PS3. The signal is encrypted by HDCP.

Actually my Hauppage HD PVR records everything - even Uncharted - in 60fps, I don't know how to change it and it's super annoying! Any help?

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Message 25 of 66 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4227 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 3, 2012

How to get video quality like mine:

You may have to Right Click on the photos to see them clearly.

You can find the device settings under the "Record" tab. First though, you want your settings to look like this: ***Keep in mind this is the 1st Gen Gaming Edition HD PVR***

PVR3.jpg

You can get to the page below by clicking the "Device Settings" Tab

PVR2.png

You can get to the page below from the "Format Settings" Tab

PVR2.png

So that's the PVR Settings I use, now onto the Sony Vegas settings. SVP Should ask you to create a template when you start a new project, These are the settings I use.

SVP1.jpg

Drag your footage onto the Sony Vegas Timeline, Click on it it with your left mouse button, Go down to "Properties", Open that tab up and uncheck "Disable Resample" and exit out.

Now you want to go to the "Video Effects" tab shown in the photo below, and find the "Color Curves" option called "Brighten Bright" for darker maps (leave that how it is) and "Default" for lighter maps (You can mess around with that until you get what you like), And drag that over your video.

SVP3.jpg

Now to Sharpen your video. Find the "Sharpen" Tab in Video Effects, Click on "Default" and drag it over your video. Just leave it as it is when you get the slider bar.

PVR4.jpg

Now for Format and Render settings. You want the "MainConcept AVC/AAC format and the render settings below and you're all set.

SVP2.jpg

Message 26 of 66 (253 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 2, 2012

stentryk wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Ferrari_1996 wrote:

SLEAZE_IT_UP wrote:

Actually my Hauppage HD PVR records everything - even Uncharted - in 60fps, I don't know how to change it and it's super annoying! Any help?

I have the same problem with my AverMedia H727 and its capture software... it's probably a software restriction.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 27 of 66 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4570 posts

Dec 3, 2012
@stentryk

Are you using arc soft?

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 28 of 66 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

Dec 3, 2012

Well I tried them settings but for some reason my videos alittle blury and not as clean and crispt as yours.

My youtube channel ->

Now with Max Payne 3. Check it out.

Now on xbox live playing gears 3. GT Thumb Tac Zack. Hit me up.
Message 29 of 66 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2480 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 3, 2012

shadowlibraboy wrote:
@stentryk

Are you using arc soft?

Yep!

@Hihi don't forget to disable resample, that's very important!

@Lenown Did you disable resample? If you didn't that may cause it to be extra blurry

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Message 30 of 66 (202 Views)