Highlighted
Dec 09 2012
By: JD-- Fender Bender 2290 posts

[ERIC RESPONDED]Well, Eric, its come to this....

[ Edited ]
217 replies 1754 views Edited Dec 14, 2012
Sent: 11-20-2012 06:49 PM
Read: 11-21-2012 10:11 AM

Hey, Eric.

I was really excited about this game when it came out. Also, at the fact that you promised us better co-op, excited me even more. Now, Co-Op got great attention at first when the game had just came out; but Co-Op gets NO love now. Why? It has so much potential. I've given you many ideas to fix it with, simple changes, to even more radical changes that could revolutionize the gameplay.

A HUGE Collection of Co-Op threads!

There's a link that contains MANY co-op threads/ideas/guides/etc. People do LOVE co-op and it gets a LOT of attention. (Someone, maybe you, was interviewed about co-op and said you'd listen to the community if they wanted more co-op related content)

Could you please, out of the kindness of your heart, look into adding some co-op related stuff to your game? I understand that the game is way late in it's lifecycle, but you are constantly adding Lab Maps (Block Mesh Maps) to competitive (never co-op :smileysad:) and Lab after Lab. And this all happens on a weekly basis.

My Crushing+ would be a LOVELY addition, and would be relatively easy to implement (from a coding perspective - just add more enemies and up the kill counters). Or my No Incentive to playing Co-Op Arena (my ideas to fix that) would be a more radical idea, but a WELCOME addition. It would bring MANY players back to Co-Op and keep the thousands that are already there. AliMakaveli's SUPER Survival would please THOUSANDS, TENS OF THOUSANDS of customers. If it's money your worried about, charge us, I'll gladly pay.

Please take the time to read this AND respond, truthfully.

Thanks,

JD--

I sent this message to Eric a few weeks back, hoping for a response. He read it, as it clearly says, but no, no response. I've asked as nicely as I possibly can. I have no idea why you choose not to do anything to Co-Op, I honestly do not. Competitive gets constant attention, but Co-Op? Nope, NOTHING.  

The mode is plagued with issue after issue, I cannot even begin to list them all. Yet, you choose to focus all manpower and effort on your beloved Competitive. Why?

Of course, you have the people that say Co-Op is boring and that it sucks. Well, you have people that say the same for Competitive. Hell, I'll say it, Competitive sucks and it's boring and causes me so much rage that I constantly am cursing at my TV. I swear, if my TV had ears, it'd slap me.

Look, I'm begging you for a Co-Op related addition, patch, changes, technical fixes, SOMETHING for crying out loud... You've given 15 almost 16 tries to fix Competitive, and to no avail. There are constant issues that plague it and it never is fully fixed to everyone's satisfaction. It's time for Co-op.

ERIC'S RESPONSE:

THanks for the colorful message. As we've said before we won't be making any changes to co-op in the near future.

*sigh* Thanks, Eric....

Message 1 of 218 (1,754 Views)
Survivor
2179 posts

Re: Well, Eric, it's come to this....

Dec 9, 2012

Even with all of co-op's issues, they can all be fixed in 1 patch. Seriously though, ND doesn't even need to add anything new to co-op. If they just fixed the technical issues, I would be forever pleased.

Message 2 of 218 (1,742 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Re: Well, Eric, it's come to this....

Dec 9, 2012
Making co-op fun and not just spamming bullets into NPC's isn't easy... but I think ND is capable of it.
Message 3 of 218 (1,727 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4570 posts

Re: Well, Eric, its come to this....

Dec 9, 2012
Text gets cut off on mobile near the end, imma switch to full to read it Smiley Tongue

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 4 of 218 (1,689 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2290 posts

Dec 9, 2012

shadowlibraboy wrote:
Text gets cut off on mobile near the end, imma switch to full to read it Smiley Tongue

Yeah, I'm not sure what exactly is wrong with it. I've tried to fix something, but it's not working.

Message 5 of 218 (1,684 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4570 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 9, 2012
I sent this message to Eric a few weeks back, hoping for a response. He read it, as it clearly says, but no, no response. I've asked as nicely as I possibly can. I have no idea why you choose not to do anything to Co-Op, I honestly do not. Competitive gets constant attention, but Co-Op? Nope, NOTHING.

The mode is plagued with issue after issue, I cannot even begin to list them all. Yet, you choose to focus all manpower and effort on your beloved Competitive. Why?

Of course, you have the people that say Co-Op is boring and that it sucks. Well, you have people that say the same for Competitive. Hell, I'll say it, Competitive sucks and it's boring and causes me so much rage that I constantly am cursing at my TV. I swear, if my TV had ears, it'd slap me.

Look, I'm begging you for a Co-Op related addition, patch, changes, technical fixes, SOMETHING for crying out loud... You've given 15 almost 16 tries to fix Competitive, and to no avail. There are constant issues that plague it and it nevers is fully fixed to everyone's satisfaction. It's time for co-op.

***This is what is cut off, for everyone on mobile Smiley Wink

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 6 of 218 (1,682 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4570 posts

Dec 9, 2012

JD-- wrote:

shadowlibraboy wrote:

Yeah, I'm not sure what exactly is wrong with it. I've tried to fix something, but it's not working.

Bottom part of your sig is also cut in half Smiley Tongue

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 7 of 218 (1,678 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2290 posts

Dec 9, 2012

shadowlibraboy wrote:

JD-- wrote:

shadowlibraboy wrote:

Bottom part of your sig is also cut in half Smiley Tongue

There I fixed most of it. I'm working on the sig. HTML coding is a **bleep** sometimes.

Message 8 of 218 (1,672 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4570 posts

Dec 9, 2012
Ya it works now Smiley Happy

Hopefully he is just discussing this and not just ignoring it.
Naughty Dog could be working on a Co-op patch right now, but be keeping it a secret just in case it doesn't work out.

I am pretty sure they wouldn't want to raise everyone's hopes just to say "sorry guys we couldn't do it, something unexpected occurred and is giving us issues"

I am also hoping that this is why they aren't confirming mesh maps in customs yet, just so that they can be sure that they can do it before telling us Smiley Wink

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 9 of 218 (1,665 Views)
Fender Bender
2633 posts

Dec 9, 2012

I'd PM Cog, but I think he's too busy playing Far Cry 3 right now.

/jealous

yeehaw i'm a cowboy now
Message 10 of 218 (1,629 Views)
0 Likes