Do you mean 
Welcoming Committee
13450 posts

Re: [UPDATED]Remove Unlucky and Kill based medals In Pl and TO

Nov 20, 2012

TheStuntDouble wrote:

wais_45 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Unluckies are just plain insulting. If I'm sucking there is no need to tell me and shove it down my throat.

Well, the name is insulting but I don't have a problem of it in TDM, but its completely not deserving in plunder and obj. 

You could put it that way I guess. For TO, the implied words of this medal is "YOU STILL SUCK! Oh wait you scored like 200+ OBJ points BUT YOU STILL SUCK BECAUSE YOU DIED FIVE TIMES. EAT IT"

The implications are still the same across all modes though. insulting your userbase is completely retarded. x.x

We all know unluckies are not looked at as just a medal they are used frequently by people in arguments. Kinda stupid but I understand why when the door is being held wide open by ND for those insults.

Message 121 of 176 (744 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
793 posts

Nov 20, 2012

Aureilia wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

wais_45 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Unluckies are just plain insulting. If I'm sucking there is no need to tell me and shove it down my throat.

Well, the name is insulting but I don't have a problem of it in TDM, but its completely not deserving in plunder and obj. 

You could put it that way I guess. For TO, the implied words of this medal is "YOU STILL SUCK! Oh wait you scored like 200+ OBJ points BUT YOU STILL SUCK BECAUSE YOU DIED FIVE TIMES. EAT IT"

The implications are still the same across all modes though. insulting your userbase is completely retarded. x.x

We all know unluckies are not looked at as just a medal they are used frequently by people in arguments. Kinda stupid but I understand why when the door is being held wide open by ND for those insults.

Unluckies are there to make people rage quit. Just like you said they feel insulted and then they leave the game. NEVER seen a single person say he/she likes getting unluckies.

It should be removed, it's a useless medal.

www.youtube.com/user/artennos - my new channel!

New PSN: Artennos

Message 122 of 176 (737 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Dog Developer
590 posts

Nov 20, 2012

wais_45 wrote:

I was just checking my stats for uncharted 3 and I noticed I had 81 unluckies. I was surprised because I play team objective and plunder a lot, and I know for a fact I got like 30 unluckies in tdm. Also, I’m pretty sure kill based medals are being counted towards those game types as well. 

Question: Why does kill based medals and unluckies count in plunder and team objective? Since kills don't count towards your K/D and to your personal statistics, it doesn't make any sense having killed based medals count in those game types. Unluckies are not killing based medals, but they should not be obtainable in plunder and team objective! 

Unlucky Medal

• Remove the unlucky medal in Team Objective and Plunder (I’m not saying scrap the medal to those selective readers, I’m saying remove it in non based tdm game types)
  • Having the medal prevents certain players from actually playing the objective that is in hand. This can be annoying because TO and Plunder are best played as a team, an the overall experience of the game modes would increase
  • Would you like to have a match where it's neck and neck and only 5 minutes left and everyone is playing like a team? It is honestly hard to find matches like that because people would put there pride in the way of the match
  • If ND doesn't want to remove the unlucky medal, why not rename it? E.g., "Falling soldier". 
  • "The Streak medal does not exist in Objective modes, so the equivalent deathstreak medal (Unlucky) should be removed as well."
  • "I’m not saying scrap the medal to those selective readers, I’m saying remove or rename it in non based tdm game types"

I had to repeat that because there were some individuals who saw the words "remove" and "unlucky" and started to jump to conclusions. 

Kill Based Medals

• There should be more types of medals specifically for Team Objective and Plunder, re-using medals that were made for tdm would not do any justice, also, simply removing kill based medals and not replacing it would make it extremely difficult to get kickbacks, which are obviously needed in crucial points in the game
  • The values of certain medals should be adjusted, so it doesn't allow certain people to just rack on the medals or use them to cash-farm
  • Also, add more TO medals, cause there aren’t nearly enough
  • This is a thread open to every idea so please post your solutions too 

Thanks for taking the time to read this, please, if you don't agree keep it CIVILIZED. And what I mean by support is by keeping this thread alive, and not it being put to forum grave. You could kudo it to kudo who.re exposed if you want. Thanks again....Oh and support this thread! 

We are considering changing the medals in Team Objective and Plunder. You have some good ideas here. We'll see if we can make it happen. 

Message 123 of 176 (723 Views)
Wastelander
793 posts

Nov 20, 2012

Eric-ND wrote:

wais_45 wrote:

I was just checking my stats for uncharted 3 and I noticed I had 81 unluckies. I was surprised because I play team objective and plunder a lot, and I know for a fact I got like 30 unluckies in tdm. Also, I’m pretty sure kill based medals are being counted towards those game types as well. 

Question: Why does kill based medals and unluckies count in plunder and team objective? Since kills don't count towards your K/D and to your personal statistics, it doesn't make any sense having killed based medals count in those game types. Unluckies are not killing based medals, but they should not be obtainable in plunder and team objective! 

Unlucky Medal

• Remove the unlucky medal in Team Objective and Plunder (I’m not saying scrap the medal to those selective readers, I’m saying remove it in non based tdm game types)
  • Having the medal prevents certain players from actually playing the objective that is in hand. This can be annoying because TO and Plunder are best played as a team, an the overall experience of the game modes would increase
  • Would you like to have a match where it's neck and neck and only 5 minutes left and everyone is playing like a team? It is honestly hard to find matches like that because people would put there pride in the way of the match
  • If ND doesn't want to remove the unlucky medal, why not rename it? E.g., "Falling soldier". 
  • "The Streak medal does not exist in Objective modes, so the equivalent deathstreak medal (Unlucky) should be removed as well."
  • "I’m not saying scrap the medal to those selective readers, I’m saying remove or rename it in non based tdm game types"

I had to repeat that because there were some individuals who saw the words "remove" and "unlucky" and started to jump to conclusions. 

Kill Based Medals

• There should be more types of medals specifically for Team Objective and Plunder, re-using medals that were made for tdm would not do any justice, also, simply removing kill based medals and not replacing it would make it extremely difficult to get kickbacks, which are obviously needed in crucial points in the game
  • The values of certain medals should be adjusted, so it doesn't allow certain people to just rack on the medals or use them to cash-farm

Thanks for taking the time to read this, please, if you don't agree keep it CIVILIZED. And what I mean by support is by keeping this thread alive, and not it being put to forum grave. You could kudo it to kudo who.re exposed if you want. Thanks again....Oh and support this thread! 

We are considering changing the medals in Team Objective and Plunder. You have some good ideas here. We'll see if we can make it happen. 

Awesome Eric!! Thank you! :smileyhappy:

www.youtube.com/user/artennos - my new channel!

New PSN: Artennos

Message 124 of 176 (713 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2122 posts

Nov 20, 2012

Eric-ND wrote:

Oh my god! Eric responded to one of these threads.
Thanks!
If you can change medals on a playlist by playlist basis, you really should. Also, considering adding medals. "Tip Off" should count for EVERY Idol spawn. Bring "hard target" to TO. Bring back "that was embarassing." "Drop It" should count for nothing (or close to it). Captured should be worth A LOT.
and please dont just look at this 1 thread--there are at least 2 others that are full of good ideas:
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/Plunder-and-TO-TDM-Lite-Fix-it/...
I cant find Scoot's maybe he can add his?

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 125 of 176 (711 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10077 posts

Nov 20, 2012
Eric, thanks,
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 126 of 176 (696 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1925 posts

Nov 21, 2012

Eric-ND wrote:

wais_45 wrote:

Unlucky Medal

Kill Based Medals

Yes Eric!  Thanks for the response. Here are a couple of other threads you should check out. 

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/The-Erosion-of-the-Plunder-Game...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/Plunder-and-TO-TDM-Lite-Fix-it/...

EminentFury= GOAT Debater/intellectual Conservative.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

34gau1c.jpg

Message 127 of 176 (668 Views)
Gaming Beast
1925 posts

It's Your chance.....

[ Edited ]
Nov 23, 2012

Hello everybody, since Eric replied to my thread and considered on changing the medal names for obj and plunder, I think this is a good time to make up medal names for obj and plunder because I will add them to the OP. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

34gau1c.jpg

Message 128 of 176 (480 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
832 posts

Re: [ERIC RESPONDED!!!]Remove Unlucky and Kill based medals In Pl and TO

Nov 23, 2012

I'm liking this. :smileytongue:

PSN Gamercards

★Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi★ PSN - username change soon p10x. -Cool sig incoming-
Message 129 of 176 (426 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1925 posts

Re: [ERIC RESPONDED!!!]Remove Unlucky and Kill based medals In Pl and TO

[ Edited ]
Jan 5, 2013

Glad you like Nessa. do you have any ideas you want to share? :smileyhappy:

34gau1c.jpg

Message 130 of 176 (378 Views)
0 Likes