Jan 21 2013
By: stayFROST-E Wastelander 698 posts

[EDITED] --Treasure System "FIX" --

[ Edited ]
19 replies 424 views Edited Jan 27, 2013

OK, so this game has been out for more than 14 months now, and there are still people without all of the co-op treasures. I have several proposed "solutions" to this. Some are obviously not my own, more of compilation of as many proposed solutions I have seen. 

***Almost all of the proposed solutions are meant to be implemented separately, one or the other, not both, or in this case not all 8. The solutions in "MORE TREASURES," I believe, are far more likely to be implemented by ND (as they are not actual fixes, only patches Smiley Tongue Smiley Very Happy). Numbers 1 through 3 are my favorites and I believe the favorites of the community. I have ordered them, IMO, from best to worst in each catagory. ALL of the percentages are debatable. I have no idea how much they could effect actual trease drops. That's up to ND. ***

MORE TREASURES...

1) Increase treasure drop rate per legacy. --

Every legacy, the rare treasure would increase by (maybe) 1-20%. Also, at legacy 5, the option to buy treasures with IN-GAME MONEY is unlocked (debatable). 

2) Increase treasure drop per co-op missions completed.

For every completed mission your treasure drop rate increases (.05% for easy, .1% for normal, .15% for hard, and .2% for crushing).  **Increase incentive to not have to kill farm?**

3) Increase treasure drop rate by XP gathered in co-op. 

For every one hundred thousand XP gathered from arena and adventure, treasure drop rate is increased from 1% to 5%.  

4) Increase treasure drop rate per co-op hours played.

For every hour co-op hour played the treasure drop rate is increased from .1% to 1%

5) Reintroduce the Treasure Hunter booster into co-op. 

I've heard that this was in one of the betas. 2nd slot booster. Level up with "Just Cash" medals. ALTERNATIVE: Only available at fifth legacy, also it does't have to be leveled up, it starts at gold. It has one fixed, increased treasure drop rate. 

6) Add an option to purchase treasures with in-game money. 

Not my favorite option. But maybe .25m to 1m for the second treasure, .5m to 2m for the third treasure. 

FEWER DUPLICATES...

7) Limit duplicates. 

So what this would entail would be that once you get 10 duplicates (debatable), that treasure is automatically taken off drop-able treasures. What that means is that it will NEVER DROP AGAIN. Also, treasures from completed treasure sets will not drop again. ALTERNATIVE: After getting 10 duplicates of one treasure, that treasure turns into the next treasure or final treasure. 

8) No Duplicates. 

Instead of the treasure drops being completely random treasures, they are selected from random treasure sets but the treasures are collected in order (1,2,3 and that's it!). In addition, treasures from completed sets will not drop. NOTE: Treasure drop rate would be reduced significantly. 

OK, that seems like a good start. Please, help me amend and edit these ideas. Include the ones you liked, the ones you didn't. Say what you think should be changed in one of them. Suggest your own fixes. Please just add any thoughts you have on the matter. Maybe you think the treasure system is great, I don't know. But thanks in advance for your feedback. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Message 1 of 20 (424 Views)
I Only Post Everything
894 posts

Re: -- Treasure System "FIX" --

Jan 21, 2013

stayFROST-E wrote:

6) Duplicates become rare treasures. -- This is similar to #5. After getting 3,5,7,10 (?) duplicates, that duplicate turns into the final treasure. 

That's the norm? I've got at least 20-30 duplicates of the same treasure.

"Dann singe ich ein lied fur dich"
Message 2 of 20 (420 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

Jan 21, 2013

Harold-Da-Man wrote:

stayFROST-E wrote:

6) Duplicates become rare treasures. -- This is similar to #5. After getting 3,5,7,10 (?) duplicates, that duplicate turns into the final treasure. 

That's the norm? I've got at least 20-30 duplicates of the same treasure.

What? These are proposed solutions... 10 would be the most. I just didn't want to make it too easy. Maybe 5? I didn't really like that one anyway, but it crossed my mind so I put it down. What do you think of the others?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Message 3 of 20 (410 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Jan 21, 2013
I like 5 and 6. If you want ND to implement a fix, though, you need a moneymaking incentive (4 and money through PSStore).
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 4 of 20 (373 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2402 posts

Jan 21, 2013

stayFROST-E wrote:

1) Increase rare treasure drop rate per legacy. --

Every legacy, the rare treasure would increase by (maybe) 1-20%. I have really no idea how much that could effect the treasure system, that's why it's so broad. However, there are many who have not legacied, so see #2. This may need to be implemented with #2. 

Seems like a good idea.

2) Increase rare treasure drop by XP gathered in co-op (or total?). --

So, if you never legacied, your treasure drop rate will still increase. Since it takes 2.5m XP to reach max level, your treasure drop rate would increase the same as it would in a legacy every 2.5m XP. This would either work by itself or in conjunction with #1. Essentially the same idea as #1, too. 

Hmm, seems useless after idea 1. And most alts don't legacy so I rather have idea 1.

3) Reintroduce the Treasure Hunter booster into co-op. --

I've heard that this was in one of the betas. So, just reintroduce it. At this point, ND, you need to cater to the completionists. Honestly, I would prefer the first 2 over this one. Both, if possible. 

Would be nice too, but let the drop rate be 2 or 3 times the normal one. Not as extreme as the competitive booster that gives you at least 1 treasure for evey 2-3 kills.

4) Add an option to purchase treasures with in-game money. --

Not my favorite option either. But maybe .25m to 1m for the second treasure, .5m to 2m for the third treasure. 

Buying trophies with money? No thanks. 

5) Limit duplicates. --

So what this would entail would be that once you get 3 or 5 or 7(?) duplicates, that treasure is automatically taken off drop-able treasures. What that means is that it will NEVER DROP AGAIN. Also, treasures from completed treasure sets will not drop again. Since there are so many treasure sets, its hard to get one specific one. This system makes it VERY easy for those who only have one left to complete them. Essentially, it makes it exponentially easier to complete treasure sets.  I like this one. Mainly because its an actual fix instead of just covering up the problem. 

This might make it too easy.

5) a. Duplicates become rare treasures. --

This is similar to #5. After getting 3,5,7,10 (?) duplicates, that duplicate     turns into the final treasure. 

Might also make it too easy. Not a bad idea but let it be #25 or something.

6) No Duplicates. --

Instead of the treasure drops being completely random treasures, they are selected from random treasure sets but the treasures are collected in order (1,2,3 and that's it!). In addition, treasures from completed sets will not drop. (Maybe too easy??)

This is actually a bad idea. This would make it super easy and with treasure hunter gold you can get ALL treasures  of the mode in 2-4 matches. Same goes for coop, you would have it completed way too fast.

Message 5 of 20 (367 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Jan 21, 2013
I don't like idea one. That means I actually have to legacy and ditch every single gold booster I have + have more chances of running into those max level spongers.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 6 of 20 (348 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jan 21, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
I don't like idea one. That means I actually have to legacy and ditch every single gold booster I have + have more chances of running into those max level spongers.

I like it. More people would level up to Legacy 5, so the matchmaking should work better.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 7 of 20 (342 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3412 posts

Jan 21, 2013
I like the idea of increased treasure drop with a higher legacy.

Also I think if you told Naughty Dog to charge $0.99 for every treasure or $2.99 for every treasure set in the PS Store they would gladly do it that's all they care about when it comes to UC3, who cares about the gamers when they can implement a new money laundering system.
Message 8 of 20 (337 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2402 posts

Jan 21, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

I'm level 75 legacy 5 and I find noobs all day. And what's wrong with running into high levels? Your a high level yourself(if you had legacied)

And like Tap said it would encourage people to legacy.

Message 9 of 20 (327 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7264 posts

Jan 21, 2013

the legacying thing seems like a great idea. I mean as of right now, none of the legacies don't give to much of incentive other than bragging rights...

With most people legacying, matchmaking would most likely be better. Since as of now most players are stuck at non-legacy 75, legacy 3 75, or in the 5th legacy, with the new players barely coming in, there is barely a middle-ground of levels to work with, which is why noobs are pitted against top-tier players and whiped out.

More incentive to legacy = more people actually doing it = waay more variety of levels = people matched up a bit more fairly.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 10 of 20 (294 Views)