Re: Double Damage needs to be replaced.

Apr 20, 2012

neverbelow wrote:

SouthpawLP wrote:

I stopped reading...

Aureilia wrote:

• Double Damage is how the actual health system should be

...here.

No thank you. Last time ND catered to the casuals, the casuals left anyways and the hardcore fans got completely screwed over. Low health would totally break climbing and other factors of the game.

If you want low health, play Battlefield 3, Uncharted 2, and Call of Duty. Leave my Uncharted 3 alone.

_____________________________________________________________________________ I support Super Co-op Survival Mode and Classic Mode. I probably should stop using oversized pictures to confirm that xD

I hate double damage. The game should not be double damage health as standard. I don't even think casuals like that. If they play good players I bet they'd have a worse experience.

As I said though, I don't want it in the main modes. It should be completely different much like HC is.

Message 31 of 40 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6452 posts

Apr 20, 2012

Aureilia wrote:

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

Cursed has the problem of team killing. Have you ever been with a random when one of you has been cursed by the idol? Somehow they always kill me regardless of which one of us is cursed and I guarantee that this would become despised pretty fast because of team killing.

I'm all for double health. That way at least when you find the team camping you actually have a chance to kill one of them, and you still have a chance to run if you want because you don't die instantly. It gives the losing team a big advantage while not completely screwing over the winning team.

It would also be nice if they brought in other power plays to randomly replace Exposed or Marked Man (which should be completely random) such as pistols only or like you said flat footed.

So let me emphasise, any match without a full party where Cursed comes up, will be miserable. Randoms don't care about you and will shoot first rather than check to see if you're a team mate. It already happens with the Cursed Idol.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- My Complete Wishlist of Changes for U3: http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/4673271

I'm sure ND could fix that part of it, they should have known no one likes being teamkilled from the crushing lab on U2.

Cursed is a viable solution just like Cursed idol is a viable kickback if they were to stop it teamkilling, the other team still has a vast advantage with the opposition being practically blind.

We certainly need more powerplays, the same ones in the same order is just... Well... Repetitive.

They clearly have the ability to change screen color when your being shot, but what about for a powerplay? Colorblind could turn your screen black and white and I'm sure it would distract a few people.

Since disruption isn't used widely they could make that a powerplay also. That kickback annoys me more than any... But.. It's still an option and since it's there and not really being used why not.

I'd be fine with a friendly fire off Cursed.

I'm sure with this community we could easily come up with some very effective and balanced power plays.

Low-tech: would be like Disruption and you would have no hud at all, meaning no ammo count, grenade count, no notification of your kickback, nothing. Just whatever is on your screen. You wouldn't even know how much time was left on the Power Play. The only things that would stay are the scoreboard and kill counts. No Cloaked immunity either.

Message 32 of 40 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
793 posts

Apr 20, 2012

I think all the Power Plays shoud be replaced! Marked Man is more of a problem for me than Double Damage, but still think all of them should be replaced. The ideas so far are very good. Pistols Only and Elimination would be amazing. Cursed would need a little work 'cause of team killing, but people already said that here.

Also, Flat Foot would be great too. Anything other than those we have now, LOL.

www.youtube.com/user/artennos - my new channel!

New PSN: Artennos

Message 33 of 40 (186 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 12, 2013

Yeah and also weapons in this mode change dramatically:

*The Dragon Sniper/Tau Sniper turns into a semi-automatic T-bolt

*The M-32 Hammer turns into a semi-auto RPG-7

*The KAL-7 turns into a faster PAK-80

*Sawed Off/Pistole turns into a one shot SAS-12

I Played a match where Double Damage was on and everyone on the opposite team equipped their Dragon beacuse they KNEW it was a one shot kill. Some people are so cheap...

Message 34 of 40 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2689 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 12, 2013

extra health for the loosing team would be so much better for both teams - it would be better for the loosing team and it would be fairer for the winning team.
double health would be too much, maybe around 50% extra health or there abouts (would need to think about certain conditions though - gun damage and headshots - some guns would be effected more than others)

marked man also needs to go

Message 35 of 40 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1315 posts

Jan 12, 2013

Blennerville wrote:

extra health for the loosing team would be so much better for both teams - it would be better for the loosing team and it would be fairer for the winning team.
double health would be too much, maybe around 50% extra health or there abouts (would need to think about certain conditions though - gun damage and headshots - some guns would be effected more than others)

marked man also needs to go

NO. 

" I did not tell half of what I saw. For i knew i would not be believed " - Marco Polo 1324.
Message 36 of 40 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3959 posts

Jan 12, 2013
Double damage is ridiculous. Its too much of a punishment for being good.

As for the health issue. ND shouldn't have let us have the "Crushing' lab. It opened the discussion to late. I loved that setup (lower health, no pws). And now a separate playlist option would divide us too much. Gotta move on.
Message 37 of 40 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 12, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

Replacement options:

• Double Health (Suggested by others)
  • Cursed (Previously in summer beta)
  • Flat Foot (Gives the winning team a loss of strafe movement, see 1.02 for how that worked)

The best option there I'd say is cursed. I'm not sure how it would impact the game, but really.. If powerplays are here to stay they need to be worked on to promote free flowing gameplay and not promote a one minute camping session and promoting a powerplay that doesn't even help the losing team due to this.

Also add more powerplays to the game, the same ones over and over in the same positions allow people to know what is coming up and allows a bit of the advantage the opposition may have to be taken away since the winning team can get ready for what is coming.

I agree with you, I think cursed would be a good alternative, as well as flat foot. But if ND still won't accept this then they need to increase the money rewarded to the winning team during double damage. If you equip the half-health negative booster you get 250% more money, I think. That's by choice. So, I propose, instead of $200, give at least $400 or even more. Make it very tempting for the winning team to want to go get kill, despite having 50% less health. Oh, and increase the treasure drop rate for the winning team during power plays. Even though most people have all the TDM treasures, and its such a short time that it will probably have very little effect. But what I'm trying to do is make it worth their time to try to get kills versus just camping. 

EDIT: For tornament ticket users, double (or more) points for kills. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Message 38 of 40 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
87 posts

Jan 12, 2013

Biggest issue with PP's is that it only takes a 5 point(kill) differential to activate one. That is absurd. A five kill difference is not insurmountable and should not give the losing team such a huge advantage. I've played in countless games where my team lost, yet we had more kills than the opposing team. 

Message 39 of 40 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2201 posts

Jan 12, 2013

Simplest fix for Double Damage. Give the losing team double points. Simple losing team gets 2 points per kill. Winning team dont have to camp and its a fair fight for both teams.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 40 of 40 (154 Views)
0 Likes