Reply
Sackboy
Registered: 01/02/2012
Offline
608 posts
 

Re: Double Damage needs to be replaced.

Apr 19, 2012

Oo, cursed please! Can't believe they removed that, and not the likes of Double Damage

Message 21 of 40 (108 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 12/16/2011
Offline
803 posts
 

Re: Double Damage needs to be replaced.

Apr 19, 2012

Double health is a much better solutution. But i'd love for cursed, that would be cool!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





Message 22 of 40 (108 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 02/03/2012
Offline
45 posts
 

Re: Double Damage needs to be replaced.

Apr 19, 2012

Yes, Double damage definitely needs to be replaced. Usually when it activates, like you said the winning team just hides for a min. I think it would be better to instead give the winning team random negative boosters in both slot 1 and 2. To me it would be much better than double damage.

My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/wdp1024

I do mostly video game related stuff on my channel but I also do Anime,Movie and TV show reviews plus Rant videos.
Message 23 of 40 (108 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/28/2009
Offline
13011 posts
 

Re: Double Damage needs to be replaced.

Apr 19, 2012

gameking10 wrote:

I think it would be better to instead give the winning team random negative boosters in both slot 1 and 2.

And what if you get Invalid?

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 24 of 40 (108 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/10/2011
Offline
7012 posts
 

Re: Double Damage needs to be replaced.

Apr 20, 2012

Cursed has the problem of team killing. Have you ever been with a random when one of you has been cursed by the idol? Somehow they always kill me regardless of which one of us is cursed and I guarantee that this would become despised pretty fast because of team killing.

I'm all for double health. That way at least when you find the team camping you actually have a chance to kill one of them, and you still have a chance to run if you want because you don't die instantly. It gives the losing team a big advantage while not completely screwing over the winning team.

It would also be nice if they brought in other power plays to randomly replace Exposed or Marked Man (which should be completely random) such as pistols only or like you said flat footed.

So let me emphasise, any match without a full party where Cursed comes up, will be miserable. Randoms don't care about you and will shoot first rather than check to see if you're a team mate. It already happens with the Cursed Idol.

Message 25 of 40 (108 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 11/02/2008
Offline
255 posts
 

Re: Double Damage needs to be replaced.

Apr 20, 2012

Personally, I think all power plays should stay, but make it so the team in the lead needs to have a bigger lead before the power plays activate.  Ultimately, it would result with less power plays being activated, but they'd still be in the game just in case the losing team needs them.  I mean, 6 kill lead for marked man?  Please.  Make it 10 kills.  Raise the others as well.

Message 26 of 40 (108 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/03/2010
Offline
6514 posts
 

Re: Double Damage needs to be replaced.

Apr 20, 2012

SouthpawLP wrote:

I stopped reading...

Aureilia wrote:

  • Double Damage is how the actual health system should be

...here.

No thank you. Last time ND catered to the casuals, the casuals left anyways and the hardcore fans got completely screwed over. Low health would totally break climbing and other factors of the game.

If you want low health, play Battlefield 3, Uncharted 2, and Call of Duty. Leave my Uncharted 3 alone.

_____________________________________________________________________________ I support Super Co-op Survival Mode and Classic Mode. I probably should stop using oversized pictures to confirm that xD

I hate double damage. The game should not be double damage health as standard. I don't even think casuals like that. If they play good players I bet they'd have a worse experience.

Message 27 of 40 (108 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/12/2009
Offline
4821 posts
 

Re: Double Damage needs to be replaced.

Apr 20, 2012

I agree that DD should be replaced and it absolutely baffles me that they haven't taken it out yet. I think pistols only should definitely replace it, I think they even have the voice acting and everything for it too...

tlousig2
Message 28 of 40 (108 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/10/2011
Offline
7012 posts
 

Re: Double Damage needs to be replaced.

Apr 20, 2012

Acaluori wrote:

Personally, I think all power plays should stay, but make it so the team in the lead needs to have a bigger lead before the power plays activate.  Ultimately, it would result with less power plays being activated, but they'd still be in the game just in case the losing team needs them.  I mean, 6 kill lead for marked man?  Please.  Make it 10 kills.  Raise the others as well.

Oh, yeah I forgot about that part. Yes please raise the gap required to 10.

Message 29 of 40 (108 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Online
14267 posts
 

Re: Double Damage needs to be replaced.

Apr 20, 2012

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

Cursed has the problem of team killing. Have you ever been with a random when one of you has been cursed by the idol? Somehow they always kill me regardless of which one of us is cursed and I guarantee that this would become despised pretty fast because of team killing.

I'm all for double health. That way at least when you find the team camping you actually have a chance to kill one of them, and you still have a chance to run if you want because you don't die instantly. It gives the losing team a big advantage while not completely screwing over the winning team.

It would also be nice if they brought in other power plays to randomly replace Exposed or Marked Man (which should be completely random) such as pistols only or like you said flat footed.

So let me emphasise, any match without a full party where Cursed comes up, will be miserable. Randoms don't care about you and will shoot first rather than check to see if you're a team mate. It already happens with the Cursed Idol.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- My Complete Wishlist of Changes for U3: http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/4673271

I'm sure ND could fix that part of it, they should have known no one likes being teamkilled from the crushing lab on U2.

Cursed is a viable solution just like Cursed idol is a viable kickback if they were to stop it teamkilling, the other team still has a vast advantage with the opposition being practically blind.

We certainly need more powerplays, the same ones in the same order is just... Well... Repetitive.

They clearly have the ability to change screen color when your being shot, but what about for a powerplay? Colorblind could turn your screen black and white and I'm sure it would distract a few people.

Since disruption isn't used widely they could make that a powerplay also. That kickback annoys me more than any... But.. It's still an option and since it's there and not really being used why not.



Message 30 of 40 (108 Views)
Reply
0 Likes