Reply
Apr 19 2012
By: Aureilia Welcoming Committee 14385 posts
Offline

Double Damage needs to be replaced.

39 replies 11983 views Edited Apr 19, 2012

This is not a complaint about powerplays as a whole, I remember a reply from cog somewhere stating that "Powerplays are here to stay" okay I have absolutely no problem with that, but are they here to stay in an instance where one does nothing but slow down the game to a minute camp fest?

The problems with this are as follows.

Problems:

  • Opposing losing team camps and tries to minimalize deaths and they eventually all come out of hiding and start playing when this powerplay hits
  • Double Damage is how the actual health system should be, giving one team immortal levels of health and the other crushing health is extremely unfair
  • You can be winning a gun battle and the powerplay hits and you just.. drop dead.
  • The opposite to point one, winning team camps when this powerplay hits and kills off the flow of the game.
  • If people were to play this properly, it is the last powerplay to hit and offers such an advantage that if people did play it correctly, opposing teams who are only 7 or around that behind would easily come back, overtake and potentially win the match (Powerplays appear in situations where it is NOT a shutout)

Seriously. ND need to take a hard look at this particular powerplay, The above are the scenarios from EVERY match, and why not? the powerplay itself creates and promotes this state of play since you cannot really defend yourself. I'm not saying that powerplays are the route of all evil, yes I would have preferred they never existed but surely there has to be something better than Double Damage which is hugely unfair and due to how players take it, it's become an unfair powerplay for everyone winning or losing and just simply exists to ruin the game.

Replacement options:

  • Double Health (Suggested by others)
  • Cursed (Previously in summer beta)
  • Flat Foot (Gives the winning team a loss of strafe movement, see 1.02 for how that worked)

The best option there I'd say is cursed. I'm not sure how it would impact the game, but really.. If powerplays are here to stay they need to be worked on to promote free flowing gameplay and not promote a one minute camping session and promoting a powerplay that doesn't even help the losing team due to this.

Also add more powerplays to the game, the same ones over and over in the same positions allow people to know what is coming up and allows a bit of the advantage the opposition may have to be taken away since the winning team can get ready for what is coming.



Message 1 of 40 (11,983 Views)
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/11/2011
Offline
4595 posts
 

Re: Double Damage needs to be replaced.

Apr 19, 2012

I stopped reading...

Aureilia wrote:

  • Double Damage is how the actual health system should be

...here.

No thank you. Last time ND catered to the casuals, the casuals left anyways and the hardcore fans got completely screwed over. Low health would totally break climbing and other factors of the game.

If you want low health, play Battlefield 3, Uncharted 2, and Call of Duty. Leave my Uncharted 3 alone.

Message 2 of 40 (11,983 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/07/2011
Offline
2080 posts
 

Re: Double Damage needs to be replaced.

Apr 19, 2012

Its not only Double damage, the whole concept of powerplays is just dumb, i never played 1 Game since release were a team comes back and can win because of Powerplays. it just punish people for being Good.






►!RRE◄

A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday , even the Calendar says W. T. F..........




Ladders, Tournaments, Prizes for Free Hosted by FraggedNation! Click Here!
Message 3 of 40 (11,983 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/28/2011
Offline
3825 posts
 

Re: Double Damage needs to be replaced.

Apr 19, 2012

To OP you bet, except for how the health should be I like the high health.

and to nudlz----a resounding YES

I want to be the reason you're looking down at your phone laughing as you walk into a pole.
Message 4 of 40 (11,983 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 04/12/2012
Offline
118 posts
 

Re: Double Damage needs to be replaced.

Apr 19, 2012

double damage should be gone, i hate it, you just get noobs blindfiring even more or meleeing, or in the best case dragon sniping (cos that takes a bit of skill). Double damage should be gone

replace it with:

- double health 9or hardcore health)

- everyone gets their kickback available (no timer on this but i thought come up with a unique idea, personally i prefer option 1)

- double points (so everyone on winning team is a marked man)

just some ideas.

I don't like poower plays, but they do have an upside, if you are marked man people come at you like lambs to the slaughter (if you find a good spot)

"Usually that would be cause for celebration but yet I am not wearing a party hat sitting bare-ass on the copier. And do you know why? it is not because I have "johnny" tattooed on my butt, he was an old army buddy and if you went through what we did you would understand"
Message 5 of 40 (11,983 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Offline
14385 posts
 

Re: Double Damage needs to be replaced.

Apr 19, 2012

SouthpawLP wrote:

I stopped reading...

Aureilia wrote:

  • Double Damage is how the actual health system should be

...here.

No thank you. Last time ND catered to the casuals, the casuals left anyways and the hardcore fans got completely screwed over. Low health would totally break climbing and other factors of the game.

If you want low health, play Battlefield 3, Uncharted 2, and Call of Duty. Leave my Uncharted 3 alone.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Call of Duty actually has roughly the same health as Uncharted 3. Just saying. You haven't played it to be saying that.

Battlefield 3 doesn't have low health. it has no health. It's basically a well known mode for some PC games known as instagib.. Without the gibs.

Plus the only comparisons you should be making are Uncharted 2, MGO, Blood Stone, ORC, K&L and other third person games, FPS and TPS are completely different.

Besides. you skipped the entire point that Double Damage ruins the game just to attack me. I'm not even looking for a complete change with health, I'm looking for a mode with that health. Much like the Crushing Lab over on U2.

This thread is more about the evil powerplay more than anything else, no one should be skipping that point as it's quite clear.



Message 6 of 40 (11,983 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/11/2011
Offline
4595 posts
 

Re: Double Damage needs to be replaced.

Apr 19, 2012

I'm not attacking you. I'm saying I disagree with your opinion that Uncharted 3 should have low health, because it's already broken an Uncharted game and it shouldn't happen again. Making a thread about a universally hated power play to try and get people to agree with your stance seems a little iffy to me, but I'm not going to go there.

As for a Crushing Lab, sure, why not? In fact, when the custom game options come, there should be a way to tweak health in the custom games. That would be kinda cool. But for a total health change like Uncharted 2 1.05, I think that would be a completely boneheaded move of Naughty Dog to make the same mistake.

Message 7 of 40 (11,983 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/28/2011
Offline
3825 posts
 

Re: Double Damage needs to be replaced.

Apr 19, 2012

I play black ops regularly and the health is way lower than U3.

Double damage would be the only way to compare it to COD.

I want to be the reason you're looking down at your phone laughing as you walk into a pole.
Message 8 of 40 (11,983 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 10/08/2011
Offline
99 posts
 

Re: Double Damage needs to be replaced.

Apr 19, 2012

I'd take any of the various things people have suggested over Double Damage, though I'm not completely sold on Double Health. I think anything that involves changing health or damage levels during a match is a bad thing.

If I'm not dead during Double Damage, I'm hiding somewhere. I'm not about to run around the map when someone can lunge-melee me or get a one-hit kill from a loadout weapon. If I die during DD, I won't respawn right away. I'll wait until the game forces me to respawn.

Power Plays are the main reason I prefer Plunder and Team Objective these days. I hate the entire concept of Power Plays. How many other games out there punish a team for winning? This is a game where you can magically spawn power weapons. How much more help do you want to give someone?

Message 9 of 40 (11,983 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 03/20/2012
Offline
1876 posts
 

Re: Double Damage needs to be replaced.

Apr 19, 2012

Aureilia wrote:

SouthpawLP wrote:

I stopped reading...

Aureilia wrote:

  • Double Damage is how the actual health system should be

...here.

No thank you. Last time ND catered to the casuals, the casuals left anyways and the hardcore fans got completely screwed over. Low health would totally break climbing and other factors of the game.

If you want low health, play Battlefield 3, Uncharted 2, and Call of Duty. Leave my Uncharted 3 alone.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Call of Duty actually has roughly the same health as Uncharted 3. Just saying. You haven't played it to be saying that.

Battlefield 3 doesn't have low health. it has no health. It's basically a well known mode for some PC games known as instagib.. Without the gibs.

Plus the only comparisons you should be making are Uncharted 2, MGO, Blood Stone, ORC, K&L and other third person games, FPS and TPS are completely different.

Besides. you skipped the entire point that Double Damage ruins the game just to attack me. I'm not even looking for a complete change with health, I'm looking for a mode with that health. Much like the Crushing Lab over on U2.

This thread is more about the evil powerplay more than anything else, no one should be skipping that point as it's quite clear.

you're joking right I am 3rd presteige in black ops and the health is so terrible that you can't escape if some starts firing, that said I am definitely a supporter to get rid of this terrible powerplay, oh the rampants it has taken away from me because of one punch kills.

Message 10 of 40 (11,983 Views)
Reply
0 Likes