Highlighted
Sep 30 2012
By: stayFROST-E Wastelander 698 posts

Double Damage fix

33 replies 397 views Edited Sep 30, 2012

I was just thinking about the double damage power play. It seems like it discourages aggressive gameplay, or even gameplay at all. In essense everyone is a camper. And this is OK because this is really the only smart way to deal with this power play (unless you work effectively as a team). But anyway, my solution to this is 1) Take it out of the game. Or, 2) Increase the money given to the impaired team to 250% instead of 100%. The reason for this is that if you equip the half-health booster it increases money per kill by 250%. Anyway, if you think this a good idea then please leave some feedback, or any other possible solutions to this "problem."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Message 1 of 34 (397 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4145 posts

Re: Double Damage fix

Sep 30, 2012

A lot of people would prefer having Double Health (for the losing team), Pistols Only (winning team) or insta-filled KBs (losing teeam) to be added and/or replace double damage.

Increased cash would be nice, but the PP would still be unfair.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Message 2 of 34 (394 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

Sep 30, 2012

Good idea! Does anyone else have a preferance between those solutions? Or not even think there is a problem with double damage?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Message 3 of 34 (386 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Sep 30, 2012

Toxic156 wrote:

A lot of people would prefer having Double Health (for the losing team), Pistols Only (winning team) or insta-filled KBs (losing teeam) to be added and/or replace double damage.

Increased cash would be nice, but the PP would still be unfair.

Double Health would be a very welcome thing. It doesn't put the winning team at a crushing disadvantage, rather it helps the losing team survive longer in a direct gunfight (which, since they're losing, they really do need).

Pistols only would be great. The problem would lie with the Para 9's... well, overpowered-ness. It's a mini-FAL with exceptional blindfire abilities, but that's another problem entirely. This mode of PP would be great. It puts the winning team at only a slight advantage, and they'll only complain about it IF they honestly have no idea how to use a pistol.

Insta-filled KBs.... I don't know. The instant offensive kickbacks (Hammer, RPG, Nades, etc) would make the game way too overpowered. I'm assuming you meant it to be a one-time thing, perhaps, but it is possible that the losing team's one guy was saving his smoke bomb and then the power play would be useless for him.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 4 of 34 (375 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
240 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 30, 2012

double health combined with 'gotcha kickback' for the losing team will be nice instead of what we have now, the awful double damage for the winning team, how about a team swap?? so if you're in the winning team take the 2 top killers from that team and pair them with the other team? and they would have to get at least 2 kills for them to be swapped back once the power play ends, just a thought

I dont always play, but when I do. I play for hours.

Message 5 of 34 (338 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Sep 30, 2012

Here's my wish Smiley Tongue

PP#1 marked man- If marked man is killed, then + 3 points. He/she has a marker on his head.

PP#2 multimarked man-every man on the winning team is marker. If somebody gets killed plus 2 points. No marker on his/her head.

PP#3 doble multi marked man- every man is marked like #2 but you get 3 points for a kill. No marker on his/her head.

Feel free to adjust the numbers. My main point is just to make it all a type of marked man.

Message 6 of 34 (330 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3247 posts

Sep 30, 2012
It's fundamentally broken and there are countless ways to fix it. It's not going to happen at this point unfortunately, at least we're all getting Classic Mode soon.
Message 7 of 34 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
631 posts

Sep 30, 2012
That will be the only mode i'll play!
Message 8 of 34 (282 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Sep 30, 2012

BirthBS wrote:

It's replacing Hardcore, right? That means it's Hardcore treasures then, or Hardcore treasures are lost forever?

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 9 of 34 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
240 posts

Sep 30, 2012

TheStuntDouble wrote:

BirthBS wrote:

It's replacing Hardcore, right? That means it's Hardcore treasures then, or Hardcore treasures are lost forever?

i wonder that too, i just hope that classic mode is not gonna end up being a party of 5 fest! ill try it out, but honestly i dont know why they're getting rid of hardcore. if the communitity really wanted to have a mode as UC2, why not just pop that cd in and play that instead.

I dont always play, but when I do. I play for hours.

Message 10 of 34 (261 Views)
0 Likes