Keyblade Wielder
6977 posts

Re: Does anybody else HATE power weapons?

Jan 21, 2013

They should have power weapons come in halfway into the match like the RPG in airstrip and train wreck. and have starting spawn ones appear in the middle of the map+ hard to reach+ in the open, so that it is fair game for both teams and it is dangerous to get it since someone can see you going for it.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 41 of 116 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
820 posts

Jan 21, 2013

thedeviant105 wrote:

Overall, here is my consensus on Power Weapons.

1. No BS boosters like Explosive Shell Expert or PW Hunter

2. Sprint allows PW to be acquired quicker so make placement different and more difficult

3. Or, PW spawn at different places on the map even in the beginning of the game, so no player is constantly waiting in one area

4. NO POWER WEAPON KICKBACKS

I like all these ideas, i think PWs should be spread out and in random spots, not in one particular spot that way you have search for them that way they are not spammed as much.

The Kingdom of Longbow shall reign forever, for it is written in the stars above~
Message 42 of 116 (297 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Jan 21, 2013

I usually rush towards them in the beginning of the game so no enemies can get them. But if I find a teammate following me, I just let them get instead.

Graveyard stuffers.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4482958/Silly_ass_ID_by_SuperGilfer.jpg
Message 43 of 116 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Jan 21, 2013

Lol. I'm an admitted PW **bleep**. I normally rush to onw power weapon, THEN camp the other one until I run out and grab that one, rinse and repeat.

Plus, 2 of my loadouts have a PW kickback (Sniper, Hammer). And honestly? My kills are 1 kill Sniper, 40% Raffica, and the rest PW.

But I can see why people would hate it.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 44 of 116 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2348 posts

Jan 21, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Lol. I'm an admitted PW **bleep**. I normally rush to onw power weapon, THEN camp the other one until I run out and grab that one, rinse and repeat.

Plus, 2 of my loadouts have a PW kickback (Sniper, Hammer). And honestly? My kills are 1 kill Sniper, 40% Raffica, and the rest PW.

But I can see why people would hate it.

knew it

Message 45 of 116 (260 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
894 posts

Jan 21, 2013

I hate power weapons unless I have them. Solution: only I should be allowed to have power weapons.

"Dann singe ich ein lied fur dich"
Message 46 of 116 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Jan 21, 2013
Guys, if power weapons didn't exist terrible things would happen....like me not ever getting a kill. They are like, the only reason I have kills I get a few with the Ak every now and then but power weapons are my crutch.

But on a serious note, they throw in a wild card. Yes you can dominate if you run map collecting them all, but you'll EVENTUALLY have to pick up a real gun and you'd better do so right after you're out of ammo, especially with blindfire maniacs out there today you don't want melee to be your only offense.

I moan and gripe but I soon realize I had the same chance at that weapon as my opposing player who killed me. There are many reasons as to why power weapons should exist and some decent explanations why there shouldn't but they're a core aspect of the multiplayer since Uncharted 2. I love them and I hate them but they belong.

I apologize for the message above if it's hard to read. I've had a few drinks. Smiley Tongue
Message 47 of 116 (242 Views)
Fender Bender
3622 posts

Jan 21, 2013

I don't mind them too much, just some maps have too many, e.g. Lost City.

Facility is perfect, 1 hammer, 1 Tbolt, 1 mag, all placed in the middle. 

Lost City...a free Tbolt and shotgun for each team, as well as a mag 5//no. At least the hammer is in the middle...

Temple is almost perfect but I wish either the RPG or hammer were replaced or simply removed, because I just don't like there being 2 explosive PWs.

Do you feel me?

Message 48 of 116 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Jan 21, 2013
Don't forget LU. Heroes get the SAS. Villains get the T-Bolt, the RPG, etcetc.

Note: the Turret is easily neutralized by whoever gets the T-Bolt First. The camp spot on the heroes' side isn't a PW. It's just, you know, eh.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 49 of 116 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2392 posts

Jan 21, 2013
I hate them in Elimination, and I don't like how some lock on to opponents when jumping and blindfiring, but other than that, I actually feel a few of them are quite under powered compared to what they were like in the campaign.

Don't get me wrong, they aren't bad weapons, but some give you more disadvantage than a loadout weapon.

Take the T-Bolt and RPG for example, they may be one shot kills, but if you miss and the person you fired at is aware of you, there's a good chance you'll end up dead thanks to the long reload speeds. (In the campaign, T-Bolt had a clip that held five bullets, and RPG had faster reload) Dragon often beats T-Bolt in a 1on1 thanks to this.

Pistole can't kill anyone unless you are ten inchs away from them, Para-9 and Micro are much better since you can blindfire from range.

Then there's the SAS, after each shot you will go into a pump action which is far slower than it was in the campagin, you cannot throw back grenades while in this animation (and can't sprint?), so if you just killed a revenge user, you could be screwed.

And finally the PAK-80, while it did get a huge clip size buff, it's under used due to the horrible default walking speed.
Pepsi
Message 50 of 116 (212 Views)
0 Likes