Reply
Feb 03 2013
By: Hielke6991 Fender Bender 2428 posts
Online

Dodgeball map: Spooky stuff going on there [Edited]

[ Edited ]
12 replies 531 views Edited Feb 3, 2013

Did anyone notice how the dodgeball map some times is a lot darker than usual? I someone in my party and he noticed it too but at other moments as I did so I guess not everybody sees the "Dark" or "Light" version at the same time.

 

I took some very high quallity pictures to make it more clear:

 

CAM00020[1].jpg

 

CAM00019[1].jpg

 

The first picture is the light map and the second picture is the dark one. I know the pictures are very unclear. The pictures have been taken form the exact same spot. As you can see there is a shadow at the other side of the map in picture 1, in picture 2 this shadow seems to be over the whole level. Also in picture 2 there seems to be more light coming from the "spawn hole" than in picture 1. But actually it just looks like there is more light coming from it because the rest of the level is darker.

 

I know there are more imporant things but I just found this very strange Smiley Very Happy

 

Edit:

 

Now I've seen something even weirder. We switched sides!

This video explains it all:

 

1 of my team mates didn't switch along with us. She was still there and stealth killed a guy. I couldn't film him, the camera kept going to me.

 

It has probably to do with the fact that almost everyone died at the same moment on both teams.

Message 1 of 13 (531 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 04/27/2010
Offline
437 posts
 

Re: Dodgeball map has 2 versions?

[ Edited ]
Feb 3, 2013

Yeah, I noticed that too. Not sure if they're actually two different versions or it is just because of technical issues (if you see a Cinema file of this Lab, there are no colors at all).

 

And what does that "Classic" on the voted map mean? There will be more variants of Dodgeball Labs in the future?

Message 2 of 13 (481 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 08/21/2011
Online
2428 posts
 

Re: Dodgeball map has 2 versions?

Feb 3, 2013

Luxis wrote:

Yeah, I noticed that too. Not sure if they're actually two different versions or it is just because of technical issues (if you see a Cinema file of this Lab, there are no colors at all).

 

And what does that "Classic" on the voted map mean? There will be more variants of Dodgeball Labs in the future?


I think Classic means that we have no kickbacks and buddy spawning.

Message 3 of 13 (442 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 06/04/2010
Offline
1468 posts
 

Re: Dodgeball map has 2 versions?

Feb 3, 2013

Luxis wrote:

Yeah, I noticed that too. Not sure if they're actually two different versions or it is just because of technical issues (if you see a Cinema file of this Lab, there are no colors at all).

 

And what does that "Classic" on the voted map mean? There will be more variants of Dodgeball Labs in the future?


The cinema issue (everything is foggy) is simply resolved by rewinding it to the beginning once.


------------------Join my GTA V crew "ND forums"!-------------------





Message 4 of 13 (441 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 08/21/2011
Online
2428 posts
 

Re: Dodgeball map has 2 versions?

Feb 3, 2013

Psyschock wrote:

Luxis wrote:

Yeah, I noticed that too. Not sure if they're actually two different versions or it is just because of technical issues (if you see a Cinema file of this Lab, there are no colors at all).

 

And what does that "Classic" on the voted map mean? There will be more variants of Dodgeball Labs in the future?


The cinema issue (everything is foggy) is simply resolved by rewinding it to the beginning once.


Yes but when converting to video to upload it to youtube it will be foggy again.

Message 5 of 13 (434 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 06/04/2010
Offline
1468 posts
 

Re: Dodgeball map has 2 versions?

Feb 3, 2013

Hielke6991 wrote:

Psyschock wrote:

Luxis wrote:

Yeah, I noticed that too. Not sure if they're actually two different versions or it is just because of technical issues (if you see a Cinema file of this Lab, there are no colors at all).

 

And what does that "Classic" on the voted map mean? There will be more variants of Dodgeball Labs in the future?


The cinema issue (everything is foggy) is simply resolved by rewinding it to the beginning once.


Yes but when converting to video to upload it to youtube it will be foggy again.


Not if you can record with a HD PVR/ DVR like me. Smiley Happy


------------------Join my GTA V crew "ND forums"!-------------------





Message 6 of 13 (430 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 12/02/2011
Online
2389 posts
 

Re: Dodgeball map: Spooky stuff going on there [Edited]

Feb 3, 2013
Oh man, the map is getting hilarious with bad spawns, melee kills and gun ammo, good stuff!

Not sure why the map changes color though, it makes me wonder if that other dark map was also glitched.

Also, I posted a video in the other Block Mesh thread showing how you can remove the fog by zooming away from the map, it will only take up a second of screen time if you're quick with pressing buttons.
Pepsi
Message 7 of 13 (400 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/28/2009
Offline
13011 posts
 

Re: Dodgeball map: Spooky stuff going on there [Edited]

Feb 3, 2013

Has anyone noticed that opponents have a really pixelated outline because of that fog?

Cars in Gran Turismo 5 have the same problem...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 8 of 13 (394 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 08/21/2011
Online
2428 posts
 

Re: Dodgeball map: Spooky stuff going on there [Edited]

Feb 3, 2013

SjShane wrote:
Oh man, the map is getting hilarious with bad spawns, melee kills and gun ammo, good stuff!

Not sure why the map changes color though, it makes me wonder if that other dark map was also glitched.

Also, I posted a video in the other Block Mesh thread showing how you can remove the fog by zooming away from the map, it will only take up a second of screen time if you're quick with pressing buttons.

Same as for rewinding: When converting to video it returns :/ or at least it did for me, not sure if that always happens.

Message 9 of 13 (376 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10262 posts
 

Re: Dodgeball map: Spooky stuff going on there [Edited]

Feb 4, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

Has anyone noticed that opponents have a really pixelated outline because of that fog?

Cars in Gran Turismo 5 have the same problem...


Yep. When you see them against the net thing there's some kind of "aura" around them. A pixelly aura.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 10 of 13 (296 Views)
Reply
0 Likes