Jan 30 2013
By: dman_711 Lombax Warrior 149 posts

Dodgeball How To Thread - ND Please Make It Permanent

[ Edited ]
13 replies 1044 views Edited Jan 30, 2013

Wow!

I had to stop for a moment just to make this thread. If you haven't tried this Lab out, I highly recommend it. Truly awesome stuff. Naughty Dog, please, please make this a regular option for us. This is the most creative and unique mini-game experiences I've ever come across (it kinda reminds me of the old Tekken Volleyball days, but better).

Please show your support below if you would like ND to add this mode permanently.

For those who are curious, here are a few trivia fun facts for this Lab:

•  Yes, Boosters are turned on (no kickbacks)
  •  Yes, you can toss grenades back
  •  You can pick up Bomb related Kickbacks (e.g. Mega, Cluster, Carpet...)
  •  Megabomb spawns on top of the right tower (when facing the net)
  •  Clusterbomb spawns on top of the left tower (when facing the net)
  •  Carpetbombs randomly spawn in the first row of grenades on the ground closest to the net (need to have this confirmed)

Good strategies to keep in mind include throwing grenades into the 5 squares along the enemies back wall to kill enemies as they spawn, throwing/bouncing grenades on top of the towers, throwing/bouncing grenades off the floating mini-ledges above to catch enemies camping by the net (post more strategies below)

You can leverage this Lab to help you level up boosters rapidly, think, explosive expert, explosive shell expert and regeneration among others (I leveled regen from base to gold in two matches)

Message 1 of 14 (1,044 Views)
Wastelander
521 posts

Re: Naughty Dog - Please Make Dodgeball Permanent

Jan 30, 2013

sorry man I got tired of it pretty quick. But hey good luck anyway! Smiley Wink It's good to see such positive feedback for the new lab

Cutter
Message 2 of 14 (1,026 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Re: Dodgeball How To Thread - ND Please Make This Mode Permanent

Jan 30, 2013

Yeah, make 100 separate playlists to satisfy everyone's enthusiasm... /s

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 3 of 14 (1,000 Views)
Fender Bender
3310 posts

Jan 30, 2013
I love the new lab the novelty of it wore off though but I do enjoy playing it in a party with people who knows what they are doing.

I don't think this need to be a new mode since they have already stated they will be releasing all the BMM for free soon, also we don't need new modes in general the player pool is segregated enough with DLC & the fact the player pool is small.
Message 4 of 14 (982 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1350 posts

Jan 30, 2013
The only way this would ever be a permanent mode is if Naughty Dog did a "Minigame" mode, like you said. Of course, we already have the lab, so that is your minigame mode.

Smiley Tongue
Message 5 of 14 (956 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2633 posts

Jan 30, 2013

Great, more playlists!

Worked out perfectly for Elimination and Classic, amirite?

yeehaw i'm a cowboy now
Message 6 of 14 (937 Views)
Survivor
2348 posts

Jan 30, 2013
ND have said through one of their Q&As that they will be releasing Block Mesh Maps into the custom games, when? idk, they'll most likely say more about it during the upcoming 1.16 patch notes sometime in February
next time you have feedback on a block mesh map keep the discussion here: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/The-Block-Mesh-Map-Thread-DODGE... (we shouldn't have multiple threads on the same topic)
Message 7 of 14 (912 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Jan 30, 2013
@Pie It did, yeah!

It's TOTALLY not worse off than HC was!
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 8 of 14 (885 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

Jan 30, 2013
Just throw the grenades straight up in the air. Literally straight up. Or put a slight angle on it if you're near the back of your base. They land on their heads and explode almost instantly.
Message 9 of 14 (859 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
149 posts

Jan 30, 2013

wycliff_12 wrote:

I don't think this need to be a new mode since they have already stated they will be releasing all the BMM for free soon.

Source??

Message 10 of 14 (807 Views)
0 Likes