Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 14 2012
By: A-C-E_IT_UP First Son 11 posts

Discs may be bad.

[ Edited ]
12 replies 1058 views Edited Aug 13, 2012

For those of us who get stuck on the spinning ring loading screen and are having game defects I'm just going to throw this out there... I think the discs are bad.

If you hold an UC3 disc up to a light you can see how wavy and almost warped it looks, now compare this to all your other PS3 games.  UC3 seems to have a dramtic difference in looks, at least in my library.  I'm thinking now that maybe these discs are susceptiple to heat and that maybe some of the old PS3 models are burning them up? 

If that's the case we got a real problem here... but again I'm just throwing this out there since there's been no news of a potential fix and my game still does not play, months later.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 13 (1,058 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Re: Discs may be bad.

Apr 14, 2012

Mine has started to hate multiplayer as of last week. I've got an 80gb fat ps3 and every other mp game works flawlessly and even the uncharted 3 campaign works fine. I'll put my question below,

"I don't know what to do. UC3 takes hours to sync live data and when i do get in it either freezes or when it matchmakes successfully when the counter gets to 1 it just kicks me and starts again. I've redownloaded all the patches and FHC content, the disc is fine, the campaign works, every other mp game works.....I have no idea what is going on Can somebody help me please "

I'm starting to think its the disc because everything else seems to be fine. I had the warped colours on the disc when I got the game as well.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 13 (1,058 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1815 posts

Apr 14, 2012

Yeah the discs are kinda odd, when I was at a mate (he still uses a 80gb fat model) the game didn't work quite good at all. When I came home I insert the disc in my own ps3 (a slim 250gb model) it didn't work as good as it used too then I cleaned it really good and it worked again like it should. It's like the old models can't handle this cd as it should be.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 13 (1,058 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Apr 26, 2012

I actually took apart my PS3 the other day to clean the lens and still nothing...

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 13 (1,058 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Apr 27, 2012

yes, the disc IS bad. i don't know about differences in color, warping, or any of that stuff but, i went and bought another copy and it works perfectly fine. seems like there are more bad discs out there then ND would like to admit/acknowledge.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 13 (1,058 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Aug 13, 2012
Can they not just give us a free download then, or simply send us new discs? There's no program here what so ever to resolve this that I'm aware of...
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 13 (1,045 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
46 posts

Aug 22, 2012

Any response at all would be nice

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 13 (999 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
31 posts

Aug 24, 2012

I have noticed the same thing and I will show you...here is my uc3 disc

http://i1163.photobucket.com/albums/q554/mattashe/photo1.jpg

and here is my battlefield 3 disc which is normal..

http://i1163.photobucket.com/albums/q554/mattashe/photo2.jpg

I also went through every other disc I own and found that the uc3 disc was the only one that looked like this....does anyone else have anything to prove this

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 13 (986 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
46 posts

Aug 25, 2012

There is NOTHING wrong with the discs, the game is just bugged out. My copy has all the same problems, and the disc is perfectly fine - it looks identical to every other game I have. They just released an unfinished glitchy game.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 13 (972 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Aug 27, 2012

I am having the same problems as you with this uc3 disk except i have a ps3 slim 160gb model. i played the game about two weeks ago and it worked fine but it felt like it loaded slower than usual. so I felt like  getting into some action with this game and when i put the disk in i got stuck at the spinning ring, which i let spin for about 5 minutes and when i took the disc out after wiping and cleaning the disk a saw a bunch of wavy rainbow looking lines on the back of the disc.  I compared it to all of my other games and none of them had those wavy lines...now im stuck and dont know what to do...and i certainly will not get me another copy unless its free. HELP!!!PLEASE

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 13 (951 Views)
0 Likes