Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Re: Dear UC3 Forums: FAL-SS Vs. G-Mal

Feb 11, 2013

I never wanted the G-MAL to be nerfed. It's a Level 1 weapon FOR A REASON!

It's supposed to be used by Level 1 n00bs as well!

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 21 of 30 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2203 posts

Feb 11, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Jesus. Lengthy argument/discussion.

Both the G-MAL and the FAL has been nerfed so that casual players can't use them. Basically, the only ones who use them are people who can't do well with a basic weapon, people who got used to the weapon, or people who think that a semi-automatic is stronger (it's not).

The problem is, the game in general is also supposed to cater to casual people. Basically, with the nerfs, casual people can't use semi automatics (I think the sniper already falls under non-casual weapon). Meaning, only "pros" can use them. It's completely moronic how it is, but that's how you guys wanted it, right?

Meaning, they got nerfed because you wanted the casuals not to use it. I'm just surprised that some of the people who wanted those guns nerfed complain about blindfire now. It's like a "Are you goddamn kidding me?" moment. You DID NOT see that coming? Are you blind?

I predicted after the G-Mal nerf players would probably be like "Oh look, no stopping power, Lets blindfire" I didnt know it would be this bad.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 22 of 30 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14231 posts

Feb 11, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Both the G-MAL and the FAL has been nerfed so that casual players can't use them. Basically, the only ones who use them are people who can't do well with a basic weapon, people who got used to the weapon, or people who think that a semi-automatic is stronger (it's not).

The problem is, the game in general is also supposed to cater to casual people. Basically, with the nerfs, casual people can't use semi automatics (I think the sniper already falls under non-casual weapon). Meaning, only "pros" can use them. It's completely moronic how it is, but that's how you guys wanted it, right?

Meaning, they got nerfed because you wanted the casuals not to use it. I'm just surprised that some of the people who wanted those guns nerfed complain about blindfire now. It's like a "Are you goddamn kidding me?" moment. You DID NOT see that coming? Are you blind?

I never wanted those changes. I also said when everyone was clamouring for a G-MAL nerf that everyone would just be blindfiring in a year, guess it happened sooner than I anticipated.

Only change I actually agreed with on with the people here was quick boom.

Sure I agreed that the G-MAL needed a slight nerf to give the other weapons some hope, but they took it way too far and unbalanced it completely giving it no hope.

A great player can still use the G-MAL, but a mediocre player like myself can still either aim an M9 at them and down them from mid distance easily or alternatively I could zigzag my way towards them and down them with blindfire.

Making the weapons accessible to all while making aiming a focal point of the game is what I've always pushed for, weapon diversity and across the board aiming unless you run into someone around a corner there should be no need to be running around holding R1.

Message 23 of 30 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Feb 11, 2013

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

I predicted after the G-Mal nerf players would probably be like "Oh look, no stopping power, Lets blindfire" I didnt know it would be this bad.

It's not like everyone in the game is some kind of Uncharted vet. I came to Uncharted a casual player.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 24 of 30 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Feb 11, 2013

Here's the thing: ND shouldn't listen to 13-year olds. I mean come on, they don't even buy games with their own money! They usually pester their parents to buy them video games.

So, why should ND listen to little whiny emo kids instead of adults who have a job and can afford to buy games and DLCs?

Hopefully UC4 will have more adults and less kids, since the PS4 won't be very cheap at the beginning.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 25 of 30 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
650 posts

Feb 11, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

Here's the thing: ND shouldn't listen to 13-year olds. I mean come on, they don't even buy games with their own money! They usually pester their parents to buy them video games.

So, why should ND listen to little whiny emo kids instead of adults who have a job and can afford to buy games and DLCs?

Hopefully UC4 will have more adults and less kids, since the PS4 won't be very cheap at the beginning.

Not only the kids, but also the casuals who come to the game and ruin it.

Die Hard Like A Tryhard
Message 26 of 30 (217 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Feb 11, 2013

Sitrongr wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Weren't vets the ones who wanted a G-MAL nerf and other vets who complained about it?

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 27 of 30 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Feb 11, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Sitrongr wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Weren't vets the ones who wanted a G-MAL nerf and other vets who complained about it?

Not ALL vets! Don't lump us together!

Message 28 of 30 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Feb 11, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Sitrongr wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Not ALL vets! Don't lump us together!

Alright, alright.

Message 29 of 30 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
690 posts

Feb 11, 2013

toastingwaffles wrote:

I've found that the G-Mal is very overpowered compared to the FAL-SS. First of all, you can get the G-Mal at level 1, when you start your game, while you have to be level 50 to be able to have the FAL-SS. Second, the G-Mal only takes 2 trigger pulls to take down an opponent, while you have to press the FAL-SS trigger 5 times. Third, the G-Mal can take down a sniping enemy halfway across the map easily with the low recoil (even though the recoil was increased by 10%, it did nothing) while the FAL-SS has MASSIVE recoil with each trigger pull. For a level 50 weapon, it doesn't seem like it.

Please fix this Naughty Dog!

Naughty Dog did intend for the FAL-SS to be a weapon that needs skill to be effective, as they mentioned in those old multiplayer video documentary things they'd do, so I'm not surprised you think the G-MAL is better.

Personally I have a blast using it, and I know people like Da Almighty Guy who can make it work too. You exaggerate the recoil - the key is getting the pacing of the shots right. The gun has a fast recenter speed, meaning your reticle will reset to the point you were aiming at between trigger pulls fast.

With some practice, you start out at pacing your shots somewhat slow to retain accuracy and then when you understand how it works, you can shoot at the rate the gun recenters so you shoot somewhat fast with perfect accuracy. Though of course you don't have to worry about pacing so much at close to mid range, where you can pretty much spam bullets.

That all said, I do agree that the G-MAL is generally easier to use for mid to long range, while the FAL-SS has an easier time in close to mid range, based on experience. Overall I think the G-MAL's just plain easier to use.

Message 30 of 30 (159 Views)
0 Likes