Welcoming Committee
13032 posts

Re: Dear UC3 Forums: FAL-SS Vs. G-Mal

[ Edited ]
Feb 10, 2013

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

The G-MAL isn't a mid range to long range weapon...

The Dragon is a Mid Range to Long Range weapon, the G-MAL is nothing in any aspect of the game.

Same goes for the FAL-SS using that as a short range weapon when the M9 and even the AK (Even though I can't use the AK at all) is really silly considering they are vastly superior.

FAL-SS and G-MAL are both redundant due to heavy nerfs that killed them, may they rest in peace.

I assure you, The G-Mal and the Fal are not redundent. Despite thier nerfs they are still strong in the right hands.

The person with the right hands is high for choosing the G-MAL over the Dragon. or the FAL-SS over the M9 or AK...

There is absolutely no reason except being a show off to choose the G-MAL or the FAL-SS, possibly just stupid though.

That kind of reply isn't helping the game though, the right hands? Gaming moved on, not everything is eliteism anymore. Everything should be usable for everyone. You give people the barrier of making it unaimable and they wont aim.

Things like this is why we have a blindfire epidemic. That also tells me the 80% of people who run around blindfiring and steel festing while rolling would heavily disagree with the usability of the weapons.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 30 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2201 posts

Feb 10, 2013
I'm high...

Signature02.png

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 30 (199 Views)
Survivor
2178 posts

Feb 10, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

The Dragon is a Mid Range to Long Range weapon, the G-MAL is nothing in any aspect of the game.

Same goes for the FAL-SS using that as a short range weapon when the M9 and even the AK (Even though I can't use the AK at all) is really silly considering they are vastly superior.

FAL-SS and G-MAL are both redundant due to heavy nerfs that killed them, may they rest in peace.

I assure you, The G-Mal and the Fal are not redundent. Despite thier nerfs they are still strong in the right hands.

The person with the right hands is high for choosing the G-MAL over the Dragon. or the FAL-SS over the M9 or AK...

There is absolutely no reason except being a show off to choose the G-MAL or the FAL-SS, possibly just stupid though.

That kind of reply isn't helping the game though, the right hands? Gaming moved on, not everything is eliteism anymore. Everything should be usable for everyone. You give people the barrier of making it unaimable and they wont aim.

Things like this is why we have a blindfire epidemic. That also tells me the 80% of people who run around blindfiring and steel festing while rolling would heavily disagree with the usability of the weapons.

ND made the guns this way because of the community's crying. I'am an M-9 user at heart, I always have been. I normally get 15-25 kills in a match (Objectives) If I can change to a Fal or a G-Mal and do exactly the same why can't other players?

Most players will choose guns with an advantage, that's why so many players use ROF. You talk about the guns as if they are useless, I can even prove to you the G-Mal and the Fal are not useless.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 30 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1879 posts

Feb 10, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

Unless you're good with those weapons. In the hands of the right players the G-Mal and FAL are amazing guns. However, the average player can't do very well with them. IMO they need to get buffs

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 30 (190 Views)
Gaming Beast
1879 posts

Feb 10, 2013

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

ND made the guns this way because of the community's crying. I'am an M-9 user at heart, I always have been. I normally get 15-25 kills in a match (Objectives) If I can change to a Fal or a G-Mal and do exactly the same why can't other players?

Most players will choose guns with an advantage, that's why so many players use ROF. You talk about the guns as if they are useless, I can even prove to you the G-Mal and the Fal are not useless.

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

They're not useless but the AVERAGE PLAYER can't use them effectively. Thats the biggest factor

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 30 (188 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 10, 2013

toastingwaffles wrote:

I've found that the G-Mal is very overpowered compared to the FAL-SS. First of all, you can get the G-Mal at level 1, when you start your game, while you have to be level 50 to be able to have the FAL-SS. Second, the G-Mal only takes 2 trigger pulls to take down an opponent, while you have to press the FAL-SS trigger 5 times. Third, the G-Mal can take down a sniping enemy halfway across the map easily with the low recoil (even though the recoil was increased by 10%, it did nothing) while the FAL-SS has MASSIVE recoil with each trigger pull. For a level 50 weapon, it doesn't seem like it.

Please fix this Naughty Dog!

not-sure-if-serious-or-trolling.png

You do know that the FAL-SS has faster RoF, higher bullet damage and more stopping power, right?

People like you ruined the game with their whiny "feedback"! But then again, what should I expect from a 13-year old kid?

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-Support/Facebook/m-p/39255963

Please ND, enforce an age cap on the forums!

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 30 (178 Views)
Wastelander
559 posts

Feb 10, 2013
The fal is a monster at any range. I can get a large amount of headshots at close range with it while its rate of fire combined with deadly precision make it more than a threat at long range. Its the easiest gun to precisely hit every bullet in the same place over and over at a high speed. This allows for some insanely fast kills at any range. Its a lvl 50 gun for a reason.
The single shot allows u to immediately readjust ur aim if needed giving u more time to give that powerful headshot.
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 30 (160 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
17641 posts

Feb 11, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

My life must be an illusion or a really cool dream since the FAL is my personal favorite gun.

(It may not be the most conventional or the most useful, it dammit it's AWESOME.)

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 30 (149 Views)
Welcoming Committee
13032 posts

Feb 11, 2013

far-zan wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Unless you're good with those weapons. In the hands of the right players the G-Mal and FAL are amazing guns. However, the average player can't do very well with them. IMO they need to get buffs

Isn't that a problem then? Yes they do need buffs.

Every weapon should be aimable for everyone, no one has a reason to sprint around blindfiring then.

That is what made Uncharted 2 a better game for the most part, you could aim everything and so could everyone else.

The only blindfire I ever really saw in Uncharted 2 was desperation blindfire and that was it. There were a few micro blindfire users but they were a minority.

The average player should be able to use everything, if this was the "go-to" multiplayer all that is going to tell them is to "go-away"

I seriously don't know what ND were doing when they made Uncharted 3, theres loads of newbie friendly stuff yet theres the PC game style recoil...

The right player, I keep seeing that which means the weapons are broken if they can't be used by everyone, the people who can aim better will still commonly do better, yet the people who had issues with them have more tools to play with and it's no longer a one gun game.

The KAL is the biggest offender of the entire lot, it can't be aimed by like 80% of the people who play the game, I'll hold my hands up to that one I find it completely uncontrollable. Yeah it would need a massive nerf if it was aimable by everyone.. That is exactly what they should do though, give everyone the ability to play the game as it was intended.

We are playing a game as the community intended and I cannot applaud those community members who took part enough for creating this shambolic experience. I blame ND for listening to people who know nothing about game balance too.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 30 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9822 posts

Feb 11, 2013

Jesus. Lengthy argument/discussion.

Both the G-MAL and the FAL has been nerfed so that casual players can't use them. Basically, the only ones who use them are people who can't do well with a basic weapon, people who got used to the weapon, or people who think that a semi-automatic is stronger (it's not).

The problem is, the game in general is also supposed to cater to casual people. Basically, with the nerfs, casual people can't use semi automatics (I think the sniper already falls under non-casual weapon). Meaning, only "pros" can use them. It's completely moronic how it is, but that's how you guys wanted it, right?

Meaning, they got nerfed because you wanted the casuals not to use it. I'm just surprised that some of the people who wanted those guns nerfed complain about blindfire now. It's like a "Are you goddamn kidding me?" moment. You DID NOT see that coming? Are you blind?

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 30 (132 Views)
0 Likes