Treasure Hunter
7027 posts

Re: Dear ND: Make the TAU, you know, decent.

Jul 7, 2012

I'll keep saying this because it has yet to be acknowledged, use the Tau for killing enemies hiding in cover. It excels at that in a way that only a sniper can.

Keep in mind I did say that the RoF mod should be switched for Scope Zoom and it should have the ability to damage covered enemies (right now you can continuously headshot enemies in cover with it and hear the ping sound but they won't receive any damage, I've even shot people 2-3 three times in the head while they were still in cover and it did nothing) but beyond that the gun is good. It's a specialty weapon and expecting it to be a backup it looking at it wrong. It's a situational weapon as snipers should be.

Message 81 of 129 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2378 posts

Jul 7, 2012
Today I only used the tau a little. I got 2 double downs but no 5na. My quest will continue. Thanks for the cookies.
Busty brunnette
Message 82 of 129 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3247 posts

Jul 7, 2012

lII-Venom-lII wrote:
Today I only used the tau a little. I got 2 double downs but no 5na. My quest will continue. Thanks for the cookies.

Haha good man. Never give up, never surrender.

Message 83 of 129 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
174 posts

Jul 7, 2012

I totally agree that this gun needs to be "fixed".

It's totally useless.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 84 of 129 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2477 posts

Jul 7, 2012

Eh, theres really no need to fix the TAU. They gave it more starting ammo...they are done with it. Use it like the KAL--situationally and for the lulz.

Theres a whole long list of important fixes that lie before weapons balancing of any kind. Party splitting--Team objective multi marked man quit glitch--TDM in Team Objective--smoke bomb--others

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 85 of 129 (148 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4595 posts

Jul 7, 2012
What I don't understand is why we really want the ROF mod to work on the gun. I mean... really? Don't we hate every ROF mod for the competitive (as in, not cooperative) multiplayer? Why are we now asking for another one to work?

All I think needs to happen for the Tau is a reduction in aim assist, maybe a buff in its standard rate of fire (but a very slight buff), and an ability to aim OTS. The last part's a far cry from happening, but a guy can dream, right? Maybe for Uncharted 4, at least.
Message 86 of 129 (142 Views)
Fender Bender
3247 posts

Jul 7, 2012

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:

Eh, theres really no need to fix the TAU. They gave it more starting ammo...they are done with it. Use it like the KAL--situationally and for the lulz.

Theres a whole long list of important fixes that lie before weapons balancing of any kind. Party splitting--Team objective multi marked man quit glitch--TDM in Team Objective--smoke bomb--others

Are there other problems that should be addressed before the Tau? Absolutely, I have never pretended that this is someone a major game-wide issue that should be priority #1.

That said, there is a need to fix the Tau at some point.

And as for your comparison, unlike the Tau, The KAL does something really well: blindfire (not to mention being extremely user-friendly). The Tau on the other hand excels in no discernible area.

Message 87 of 129 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7027 posts

Jul 7, 2012

tripleWRECK wrote:

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:

Are there other problems that should be addressed before the Tau? Absolutely, I have never pretended that this is someone a major game-wide issue that should be priority #1.

That said, there is a need to fix the Tau at some point.

And as for your comparison, unlike the Tau, The KAL does something really well: blindfire (not to mention being extremely user-friendly). The Tau on the other hand excels in no discernible area.

Enemies using cover. It excels extremely well against enemies using cover.

Message 88 of 129 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20407 posts

Jul 7, 2012

Rick Perry TAU GIF

You gotta understand the meme to know what I'm doing here.

Message 89 of 129 (99 Views)
Fender Bender
2477 posts

Jul 7, 2012

I dont believe they need to bother touching it at some point, or any point. Let it rot.

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 90 of 129 (94 Views)
0 Likes