Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
3224 posts

Re: Dear ND: Make the TAU, you know, decent.

Jul 8, 2012

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

Enemies using cover. It excels extremely well against enemies using cover.

That's means nothing. A weapon needs to excel in something significant. Accuracy, rate-of-fire, damage, etc. Saying the Tau "excels against enemies using cover" is like saying an HDTV excels at displaying black and white photos.

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:

I dont believe they need to bother touching it at some point, or any point. Let it rot.

What kind of rationale is that? If there's a chance for something to improve, why settle for less?

LIVESTREAMING The Last of Us and Uncharted 3!

Edits, Commentaries, Community Videos, and LULZ!
Please use plain text.
Message 91 of 129 (198 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jul 8, 2012

Y'know, I got a 1 hit headshot on a guy midair and killed him (he just finished killing a team mate when I arrived. :manvery-happy: . Thought the TAU was pretty ok after that. But after using it again today, this thing seriously needs a buff. It's only good for injured fleeing enemies.

Please use plain text.
Message 92 of 129 (188 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6257 posts

Jul 8, 2012

tripleWRECK wrote:

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

Enemies using cover. It excels extremely well against enemies using cover.

That's means nothing. A weapon needs to excel in something significant. Accuracy, rate-of-fire, damage, etc. Saying the Tau "excels against enemies using cover" is like saying an HDTV excels at displaying black and white photos.

How does that mean nothing? Say you use a GMAL, then you use a Micro for blindfire close up. So if you have an AK, then you use a Tau for enemies using cover to barely expose themselves while they shoot you. How hard is that to understand? What part of a specialty weapon don't you get? 

Also your analogy makes absolutely no sense.

http://oi48.tinypic.com/jfdnnp.jpg

ND Dev Replies: MacGruber310 / sintax201

Please use plain text.
Message 93 of 129 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
176 posts

Jul 8, 2012
i thought the gun was fine but it is super unreliable.
I used it today and got killed many times because of it's crappy zoom and the weak RoF.
----
Please use plain text.
Message 94 of 129 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
583 posts

Jul 8, 2012

The Tau is fine for me. But it gets me killed because of its low ROF, and the problem with not being able to switch shoulders while aiming because of the scope. This bothers me, especially when I have my dragon sniper equipped too, so now its impossible for me to switch shoulders.

BF3 Stats
My Youtube Channel--> http://www.youtube.com/user/WaffleMonster07?feature=mhee
Please use plain text.
Message 95 of 129 (167 Views)
Lombax Warrior
96 posts

Jul 8, 2012
TBH TAU is a good sidearm, i use it regularly and get many c4's and 5NA's with it.
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrExorcist158 SUBSCRIBE!
Please use plain text.
Message 96 of 129 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6257 posts

Jul 8, 2012

Exorcist158 wrote:
TBH TAU is a good sidearm, i use it regularly and get many c4's and 5NA's with it.

As much as I want to say thanks for the support I'm going to have to say I highly doubt that. While the TAU is a good side arm it's not meant for groups of enemies, and neither is any of the side arms. The most effective way to get a 5NA with a side arm would be blindfiring with a Para9, and even then it would be pretty difficult.

http://oi48.tinypic.com/jfdnnp.jpg

ND Dev Replies: MacGruber310 / sintax201

Please use plain text.
Message 97 of 129 (139 Views)
Lombax Warrior
96 posts

Jul 8, 2012
TAU does NOT need a buff guys. BUFF it and it will become OP.
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrExorcist158 SUBSCRIBE!
Please use plain text.
Message 98 of 129 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1938 posts

Jul 8, 2012

I want to start by saying.....   I love the Tau, over 2,000 kills with it and still going.   But I'm not sure to agree or disagree with some of the problems listed.   One day, I'll be getting kills so easy with it I think to myself "Uhoh, this will be called over powered soon", then others, I'll be so determined to get just one kill with the gun I'll end up side tracked and I won't be playing to win.

What a lot of people seem to complain about is the aiming.   Please, please, PLEASE don't change the aiming, it feels perfect after you get used to it (aiming with it is not skill based but time based, the more you use it the better it feels), it's low on aim assist (I can switch between shooting two players without getting stuck on one of them), the recoil predictable, when moving the scope it's not too fast, but not too slow, also pretty low on pain wobble.

Changing the scope... Maybe, that red circle that is around the dot is, useless.  Other than that, I'm pretty happy with it.

Adding a second zoom would be welcome in my opinion, but bringing back over the shoulder?   No thanks, that shotgun reticle is awful for snipers.   Think about this, if they had added it to the T-Bolt, you would not be able to quick scope in cover at long range.   You would be in cover, press L1, have to zoom and adjust, then fire.   Much more awkward than what we have now, and it'd only ruin the Tau further since it's not made for close range.   I only fired it once in the SP without scoping in, and from there on I always hit R3 before shooting.

What I don't get about the gun is why the Dragon and T-Bolt have enough accuracy to take out players in cover, but the Tau doesn't, they're all snipers, they should work the same when it comes to what they can and can't do (in terms of accuracy of course).

So... I'd be happy to see this gun be improved, so people have less problems with it, but changing it too much upset me. (Yes I'm being self centered here but surely I have the right)  I'm in a love/hate relationship with the gun, it has it's problems but boy does it have some advantages.  And these days I'm better off at using the Tau than the Dragon or T-Bolt, expect when the other players take cover *glare*.

I also recently switched to Chloe's Tau for my Plunder loadout, it's amazing, I can use Call Out while carrying the idol.  One Tau shot, and all it takes is one Dragon shot or one G-Mal burst from a team mate, and they're dead.

Pepsi
Please use plain text.
Message 99 of 129 (118 Views)
Fender Bender
3863 posts

Jul 8, 2012
I use it in customs where CO is allowed simply for the aim to reveal ability but yes it needs another niche.
Please use plain text.
Message 100 of 129 (102 Views)
0 Likes