Keyblade Wielder
6887 posts

Re: ND, you really f****d it up.

Mar 20, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

lol this game is ours? I don't remember helping make the game...

I mean they stated like a month ago that they were releasing new DLC stat hats...why people are shocked idk. I was at least hoping for decent ones but meh. Such a pain seeing people still crying for skins in this game and a map that was scrapped before the game was even released.

Scrapped for no reason known to us.

Summer beta, we helped make the game. That is what a beta is for.

Skins, They still owe us Wetsuit Elena and Pinkerton. (They don't fit in the universe but paper bags do) I have every right to be tearing the walls down around here right now.

they OWE us skins? Since when? Unless those skins were advertised in the full retail game in 2011, they don't owe us anything.(From what I can tell the only skins that had to put in were Drake, Sully, and a bunch of customs since those are the only ones they advertised for multiplayer)

All we really were, were play testers at best and we just played a free(thank anon for that) demo for a couple weeks, hardly classifies as us being "a part of the team" in making the game.

We should thank them at least for improving this game whether for better or for worse. Imagine if they released the game and didn't touch it since then... the game would be such a mess compared to how it is now. I can see people justifying most of the rants on this forum and such, but when people whine about simple skins that they got off using in UC2 and aren't in UC3...that's just pathetic.

Yea I wish they put dry docks in too, well used to before I saw how bad water movement was in graveyard... anyways it's only 1 map that never saw the light of day and the game is almost 2 years old... idk why people are expecting a new SINGLE map to come out this late in the game...if it does great, if it doesn't why crucify the company?

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 31 of 56 (303 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14228 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 20, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

lol this game is ours? I don't remember helping make the game...

I mean they stated like a month ago that they were releasing new DLC stat hats...why people are shocked idk. I was at least hoping for decent ones but meh. Such a pain seeing people still crying for skins in this game and a map that was scrapped before the game was even released.

Scrapped for no reason known to us.

Summer beta, we helped make the game. That is what a beta is for.

Skins, They still owe us Wetsuit Elena and Pinkerton. (They don't fit in the universe but paper bags do) I have every right to be tearing the walls down around here right now.

they OWE us skins? Since when? Unless those skins were advertised in the full retail game in 2011, they don't owe us anything.(From what I can tell the only skins that had to put in were Drake, Sully, and a bunch of customs since those are the only ones they advertised for multiplayer)

All we really were, were play testers at best and we just played a free(thank anon for that) demo for a couple weeks, hardly classifies as us being "a part of the team" in making the game.

We should thank them at least for improving this game whether for better or for worse. Imagine if they released the game and didn't touch it since then... the game would be such a mess compared to how it is now. I can see people justifying most of the rants on this forum and such, but when people whine about simple skins that they got off using in UC2 and aren't in UC3...that's just pathetic.

Yea I wish they put dry docks in too, well used to before I saw how bad water movement was in graveyard... anyways it's only 1 map that never saw the light of day and the game is almost 2 years old... idk why people are expecting a new SINGLE map to come out this late in the game...if it does great, if it doesn't why crucify the company?

They deserve to be crucifiied. Scams, lies and so on. The people who bought FHC got hustled.

We are missing a map pack.

The whining about skins is simple. The reason they gave us is that those skins of Rika, Elena and Pinkerton do not fit in the Uncharted 3 universe, yet paper bags and stupid head masks do?

The truth would go a far way, the universe thing is proven as a lie. The map packs were a lie since we didn't get our last map pack,

Why do they deserve any credit when they have treated the fans badly, it's the lies that annoy me more than the fact that we didn't get anything, treating us like we are stupid. It's shocking that some people choose to accept how they have been mistreated. Either people don't have the sense to see it or have failed to grow a pair.

Anyway the truth probably is one of the following "We are too lazy", "For some reason the skins wont port over" or "We simply don't care what you want"

I'd be a lot better knowing the truth rather than lies. No one likes to be lied to.

Message 32 of 56 (290 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Mar 20, 2013
How exactly would you respond if the truth was "We're too lazy to bother with it"?

I wouldn't be happy with it. I guess that's where the lying comes from.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 33 of 56 (286 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14228 posts

Mar 20, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
How exactly would you respond if the truth was "We're too lazy to bother with it"?

I wouldn't be happy with it. I guess that's where the lying comes from.

I wouldn't be happy, but I'd be happier knowing they aren't treating us like idiots anymore.

Message 34 of 56 (278 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6887 posts

Mar 20, 2013

I'm just baffled at the statement at the fact that we didn't get anything... We still got 12 additional maps, a new co-op mode, as well as elimination, lab, and (unfortunately lost HC) classic. Along with skins and accesories + colors. Whether these are good or not is debateable, but saying we got nothing is crazy.

I personally don't agree with how ND did most things either, but they did listen to an extent on what people wanted, with colors and game balances. Also if I recall, people who bought FHC still got a deal whether it was what they expected or not. This isn't about me kissing up to ND, hell I was mad at them as well, but with people on this forum constantly attacking ND about a 2 year old game and how it isn't picture perfect is ridiculous. I'm surprised it's still getting updated this late in its life.

Just think if ND didn't listen at all and the game was still at square one. We would have no Stopping Power, the KAL would reign supreme, we would have little maps, less modes than we have now, still just cash, some broken boosters, an OP sawn-off, and probably more I'm missing.

I know plenty of people are claiming that they can do soooo much better on a game this old and "know" what the community wants when in reality they only know what their friends and 1 forum about the game wants. I highly doubt anyone on this forum could do better, or even as good as ND on this game personally, by the sounds of it most people want everything nerfed and for it to be only aiming and slow movement, so much variety...

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 35 of 56 (267 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14228 posts

Mar 20, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

I'm just baffled at the statement at the fact that we didn't get anything... We still got 12 additional maps, a new co-op mode, as well as elimination, lab, and (unfortunately lost HC) classic. Along with skins and accesories + colors. Whether these are good or not is debateable, but saying we got nothing is crazy.

I personally don't agree with how ND did most things either, but they did listen to an extent on what people wanted, with colors and game balances. Also if I recall, people who bought FHC still got a deal whether it was what they expected or not. This isn't about me kissing up to ND, hell I was mad at them as well, but with people on this forum constantly attacking ND about a 2 year old game and how it isn't picture perfect is ridiculous. I'm surprised it's still getting updated this late in its life.

Just think if ND didn't listen at all and the game was still at square one. We would have no Stopping Power, the KAL would reign supreme, we would have little maps, less modes than we have now, still just cash, some broken boosters, an OP sawn-off, and probably more I'm missing.

I know plenty of people are claiming that they can do soooo much better on a game this old and "know" what the community wants when in reality they only know what their friends and 1 forum about the game wants. I highly doubt anyone on this forum could do better, or even as good as ND on this game personally, by the sounds of it most people want everything nerfed and for it to be only aiming and slow movement, so much variety...

They are claiming they could do better with the balance sheet maybe. and I'd find it hard to believe that most people couldn't do better at working out balance for the game. As for crafting the game itself? Highly unlikely that anyone could do it much better.

But making the game doesn't mean a lot when it's nullified by your poor balancing.

I got 4 additional maps actually. Graveyard, Old Quarter, Oasis and London Streets.

Changing the Hue and Brightness levels on your old maps does not make it new. But.. that's another complaint for another time.

Those colors. The ones that were supposed to be included in November 2011? Oh.. Yeah.. I'm not going to jump for joy over something that was given to me in the summer of 2011 and taken away for almost 2 years.

As for the game balances, now this is where I have a serious issue with ND. They listened to some things, but they didn't listen entirely, they took certain things too far and broke the balance, We play the game, you can tell by watching ND devs play that they don't play their own game nor really want to.

Since we play the game and they don't, we will know more about balance issues than they do, they should never guesstimate which is what they did with the G-MAL / FAL-SS nerfs and AK buff.

They have made positive changes to the kickbacks from time to time. I'll agree with that even though no one said it.

But weapon balancing has never been addressed correctly any addressing that has been done has further took the game into a one gun game. If they had truly listened and not done as they please the game would have stood more hope of having real variety, the variety you speak of doesn't exist. I only ever see M9's and Dragons, Unless it's a cute newbie who will use something else and get completely dominated for even trying to use something other than one of the power two.

As for the KAL.. the nerf didn't make a lot of difference. People were still outdoing others who aimed, they still do to this very day with that weapon.

It is what it is though. I use my words not only for Uncharted but also for TLoU. ND need constant reminding how many mistakes they made with this and to not let them happen in future titles. No one wants perfection, we'd like a little common sense and effort at the very least.

But no, your right, we did get some things, all of which made things worse apart from the hipfire patch. I'd rather the game how it was honestly. Just wish they had quit caring at 1.04.. Hmm.. I've heard that one somwhere before.

Message 36 of 56 (571 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2394 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 20, 2013

My issues with Naughty Dog stems from two problems; 

Lack of communication and Naughty Dog not willing to fix important issues. I understand that they have listened to us to an extent (creating classic mode, adding colors, adding the lab, etc.) but they're NOT listening to those that want technical fixes. Adding new gamemodes are rendered useless if technical fixes are not met. The new gamemodes and colors  have been welcomed by certain people (eventhough they delivered all of this in a extremely late fashion) and I don't have a problem if people are enjoying things that may not benefit my U3 experience. If I take a look at the technical fixes thread most of it still hasn't been met and ND either claims they have fixed it or keep implying that they're not willing to address it. Buliding the bridge of communication between us, the community, and them, the gaming developer, can improve if they participate a little more in the forums. That would be greatly appreciated.

I also have a problem with some of the arguments people use to defend Naughty Dog. I'll go through them; 

"Naughty Dog doesn't have to support U3"----> This argument is true but it holds not weight. It holds not weight because how would it benefit them to completely neglect their game and community? Do any of you honestly think this is a good business approach? Do you guys really think they can earn money by doing so?  No, no, and no. If they want to create a vast wasteland of a game then U3 will end up like GTA 4 MP and most U3 players would migrate to the next big thing. 

"ND has given us 17 patches, that's support"----> This is true to an extent but it shouldn't have taken ND to do so many patches to address certain issues. Most of these patches took 1 step forward and 3 steps back. These patches were focused on; weapon buffs/nerfs (you could blame certain forumers for ND's screw up with weapon buffs and nerfs), technical fixes (little to no technical fixes were addressed), and aesthetics (now we know why they dumped all of these DLC hats, taunts, and stat hats--->for the F2P peeps). 17 patches that made little to no difference in improving U3 and it did not put the game in the right direction.

"Name any gaming developer that supports its game as much as Naughty Dog!"----> How people use this as an argument to support ND is beyond me. Believe it or not they're gaming developers that support their game as much as the nexy guy. Media Molecule dishes out DLC and patches all the time, Polyphony has supported Gran Tourismo as well, Activision shows one of the best support by dishing out patches that deal with technical fixes in a incredibly fast rate, EA supports all of their games, 2k supports their games, and so on. Again, that argument is invalid.

"We still got 12 additional maps- Sanddude20"----> LOL that's really funny. Do you honestly think FBMP 1 and 2 are additional maps?? They completely scammed FHC members by giving out maps that should have stayed in U2 or they should have made it separate from FHC and sell it to those that might want to revisit those maps. In reality, we only got 4 additional maps competitive maps (Old Quarter being the BEST thought out level design). They also "forgot" to give the additional 4th mappack promised to FHC members (IDGF Fort is not a mappack!!) 

As for myself, I do welcome patch 1.17 because plunder and Team Objective are bearable now. I only call out on ND's mistakes and I will cetainly give them props when they do something good. 

My Youtube Channel:

NG \\Wais
Message 37 of 56 (563 Views)
Fender Bender
3480 posts

Mar 20, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
@Aure I would, but then for some reason everyone loves Classic once talk of Hc comes out. Remember Steepmatt's HC thread? Nowhere in his idea did he mention killing Classic.

Yet everyone's argument is "CLASSIC IS BETTER **bleep** NUB"

Nobody plays Classic anymore! You should complain! Smiley Mad

Message 38 of 56 (554 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
631 posts

Mar 20, 2013
I play classic everyday (TDM only 2-3 times a week) and i can tell you that is the best thing ND have ever done in this game!
Message 39 of 56 (525 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3480 posts

Mar 20, 2013

Message 40 of 56 (524 Views)