Feb 07 2012
By: tripleWRECK Fender Bender 3247 posts

DLC Matchmaking: You think it's bad now?

102 replies 147 views Edited Feb 7, 2012

alone EDIT.jpg

Boy oh boy I can't wait to go from playing the same 3000 people with the current DLC to playing the same 2000 people with this second DLC pack. Come on, aren't any of you excited too?

By the end of UC3's DLC schedule we'll likely be a small group of 400-600 or so players finding each other continuously in matchmaking while the other 75000+ of non-DLC owners enjoy a nice large player pool.

Seriously Naughty Dog, stop prioritizing DLC and actually fix some of the major problems you're ignoring. Not the least of which is the broken DLC matchmaking. I don't have to even go into how mind-boggling it is that this problem exists.

Let's see...

Uncharted 2? That game--YOUR game--mixes DLC and non-DLC players.

How about Halo? Yes.

CoD? Yes.

Gears? Yes.

Resistance? Yes.

The list goes on, and on, and on. Please explain to me why UC3 players have to suffer. Do you not want them to enjoy your DLC? Countless people have deleted and continue to delete the DLC because they feel they have no choice. Having fun will trump a few new maps for most players over time. Unless you're masochistic I doubt anyone's idea of a good time is to go play laggy campers match after match. It's for that very reason that this issue hurts your casual players far more than the experienced/serious players.

The fact is that the percentage of people who buy game DLC is very low compared to those that don't. That's understandable though. However the reality is that people who are buying DLC are being punished by being forced into a tiny playerpool.  And as I've mentioned, the worst part is that it's only going to get worse as more DLC releases.

Is it so unreasonable to want to play a single game without running into constant parties-of-5 from the United Nations?

I don't think it is, and I don't think we're asking for much.

NOTES:

1. I'm talking primarily about the competitive playlists.

2. UC3 doesn't need a switch or toggle for DLC (although it would be a nice option to have). The matchmaking simply need to mix all players together.

What does that mean? On the stock maps everyone should be allowed to play everyone. If you have DLC currently, even if you're playing on the default maps the matchmaking will only put you up against other DLC-owners. The playerpool is being unnecessarily split and connection cannot be prioritized due to so few players--many of them which happen to be foreigners.

3. I purchased the FHC the day it was announced. However after weeks of frustration I'm about to delete my DLC after feeling forced to be in a party constantly to have a chance against the environment this matchmaking creates.

*I realize my numbers may be exaggerated, but that is the perception that comes from playing the DLC with the currently-broken matchmaking. The reality is that only a small percentage of UC3 players have the DLC or will buy future DLC. You all know what I'm talking about and have experienced it for yourself.

Message 39 of 103 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3480 posts

Re: You think the DLC matchmaking is bad now?

Feb 7, 2012

Nope.

Message 1 of 103 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Feb 7, 2012

Well, at least the Co-op addicts will be matched together, away from noobs...

Regarding the Competitive matchmaking, I agree. We need a Default/DLC option and I've explained why many times already.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 2 of 103 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4237 posts

Feb 7, 2012

I'll be downloading it since I'm FHC but I doubt I'll actually play online until it has well over 2000 reviews on the PSN store.

UMG Support Supervisor/Uncharted 4 Head Admin.
Message 3 of 103 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
534 posts

Feb 7, 2012

This question really is confusing to say the least.  Having an option to play DLC or not is good but then what difference does it make when we want to play DLC?? Wouldn't that still pair us up with DLC owners only?  I don't think this will solve anything lag related honestly.  Player pool excuse is becoming redundant now.  We still are going to play the amount of people who own the DLC regardless.

Message 4 of 103 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Gaming Beast
1955 posts

Feb 7, 2012

Ya, we need the preference option again as much as it somewhat pains me to say that (because over time in UC2 everybody just switched over to Default anyway... but that's probably because the DLC maps in that game became bad over time).

Hopefully they actually include it in the patch that will be put out just before the next map pack.

Either that or they integrate default map players into the matchmaking pool. I don't like how it priotizes DLC owners, like it searches in that pool first and then it goes into the default player's pool after that.

A preference option wouldn't solve the above^

Photobucket
Message 5 of 103 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4639 posts

Feb 7, 2012

They should bring out a free DLC map like the Fort was to tempt people into buying the other maps.

It'd help, if only a little.

And yeah, a toggle on/off for DLC is needed.

Message 6 of 103 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
534 posts

Feb 7, 2012

They should just have an option to search for best connection.

Message 7 of 103 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3247 posts

Feb 7, 2012

Coolbgdog wrote:

This question really is confusing to say the least.  Having an option to play DLC or not is good but then what difference does it make when we want to play DLC?? Wouldn't that still pair us up with DLC owners only?  I don't think this will solve anything lag related honestly.  Player pool excuse is becoming redundant now.  We still are going to play the amount of people who own the DLC regardless.

No. UC3 doesn't need a switch or toggle for DLC (although it would be a nice option to have). The matchmaking simply need to mix all players together.

What does that mean? On the stock maps everyone should be allowed to play everyone. If you have DLC currently, even if you're playing on the default maps the matchmaking will only put you up against other DLC-owners. The playerpool is being unnecessarily split and connection cannot be prioritized due to so few players--many of them being foreigners.

Message 8 of 103 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
95 posts

Feb 7, 2012

Bro, you need a slinky for those steps

I've only noticed it a bit, takes roughly a minute more to find a match for me. It does suck sometimes when I want to get into the action right away.

Gogo_ZvC Trophy Card
Message 9 of 103 (147 Views)
0 Likes